X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Is Trent really a dink and dunk QB?

I was trying to find the QB averages per attempt and came across this article. I still haven't seen a full list so if anyone can post it that would be great. In the newest Lee Evans interview at BB.com it was said Trent has either a 7.24 yard or 7.34 yard average. Here is the article:

When Paying Attention in the Offseason Pays Off: QB Yards Per Attempt Average

The average fantasy football owner believes the offseason means they can finally take time off—but let the Bruno Boys tell you, the offseason is perhaps more important towards your chances for fantasy gold than your in-season management.

And, it's not just paying attention to the major moves that make headlines. Nope, it's digging deep and paying attention to the little things that really pay off big.

With that being the case, the Bruno Boys are here to show you when paying attention in the offseason pays off!

The average fantasy football owner believes the offseason means they can finally take time off—but let the Bruno Boys tell you, the offseason is perhaps more important towards your chances for fantasy gold than your in-season management...
  • DrGraves
    • Mar 2008

Re: Is Trent really a dink and dunk QB?

Remember MNF against the Browns... all he did was take the snap and immediately throw to the RB coming out of the flat... he was terrified to even look down field at any of the WRs.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

well, it's a dink and dunk system. The coaches need to show more faith in him, and he needs to give them reason to have faith.
      Last edited by OpIv37; 03-17-2009, 02:59 PM.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DrGraves
        Remember MNF against the Browns... all he did was take the snap and immediately throw to the RB coming out of the flat... he was terrified to even look down field at any of the WRs.
        No question he did I'm just saying on average it doesn't really say that it is. H edoes do it I'm just saying it may not be as often as most make it out to be or think.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
          Nice try.

Edwards has 7.2 yards per COMPLETION, not yards per ATTEMPT. They're two different things

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/ros...f-eb78856a889a
          What do you mean nice try? That's not what the article says.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
            What do you mean nice try? That's not what the article says.
            I fixed it.

I was looking at the stats and I read it wrong. My bad.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

View the 2012 NFL season full splits for Trent Edwards of the Oakland Raiders on ESPN. Includes full stats per opponent, and home and away games.

Check out his throws to behind the LOS to 1-10 yards out. I'm a little too busy to compare to other dink and dunk qb's.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mayotm
                • Jul 2003

That's fair. Lets judge his entire career based on his worst game.

Comment

• theanswer74
                  • Apr 2004

Immediately is not true, he held the ball forever looking downfield.

How can someone say something so false.

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Here is another article I found.

Buffalo Rumblings examines the "YPA" stat and its relevance to the 2008 Buffalo Bills offense.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Sorry but I don't have much faith in Trent to get the ball to TO or Evans down field.

Comment

• jamze132
                        • Jun 2003

Let's not forget, our O-line is a human swinging door. It's not like he has enough time, most of the time to throw the ball downfield.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                          Let's not forget, our O-line is a human swinging door. It's not like he has enough time, most of the time to throw the ball downfield.
                          That's partially true. There were times when our OL was bad. But there were just as many times when Trent or JP held the ball too long. He needs to go through his reads quicker and make a decision.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Trent appears to be more comfortable with the short stuff. Maybe that will change with TO lining up opposite Evans.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
                              Conclusions
                              What does this tell us? Well it tells me that as much as we might get on Schonert's case, he was much better at what he did than Steve Fairchild was. (I'm not surprised. Are you?) Not that that's saying much. Fairchild's teams never got close to that YPA number we achieved last year. The plays Turk called and the offense's execution made the passing numbers significantly better all across the board. In addition to the big jump in yards per attempt, we threw for 366 more passing yards, 2 more scores, and Trent's passer rating was 15 points higher. We also threw for 26 more first downs in 2008 than we did in 2007. (Just for you power rushing guys like me, we also rushed for more yards in 2008, twice as many rushing TDs, higher yards per rushing attempt, and more rushing first downs, too.)
                              Progression and consistency, the two things you want to see from a young player, first time OC, offense, defense, team, etc...

The progression is obvious when you look at our offense and defense the past couple years and I expect to see more of it this year. Now if this team can finally be consistent, we'd win a whole lot more ball games.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍