X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Our new Left Guard....

It looks like Chris Brown and the Bills are already trying to spin it and say how we might already have our next starting LG on the team....

Right now Buffalo has nine offensive linemen on the roster with six of them primarily tackles. Hangartner, Brad Butler and 2008 practice squad player Brandon Rodd are the only true interior linemen currently on the squad.

But offensive line coach Sean Kugler believes there are a couple of tackles that offer a bit more versatility. The recently re-signed Kirk Chambers and second-year man Demetrius Bell will be part of the left guard competition.

“Kirk is real versatile,” said Kugler. “He started one game at guard and three games at tackle last season, so he’s proven he can play both guard and tackle. He’s going to get an opportunity at the left guard spot with Derrick (Dockery) gone.”.............

“Demetrius is a younger prospect, but he too, in practice, played on both sides at tackle and guard,” Kugler said. “He’s kind of proven it in practice. We haven’t seen it in a game type setting that he can handle that yet, but we’re confident that he’s going to continue to grow. We’re excited about him. Those are the two guys for now that are in the mix for that spot.”
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Our new Left Guard....

Looks like the Bills cut Dockery and had no plans for a replacement other than the backup OTs on the roster....

Comment

• PH83
      Zoner
      • Jan 2009

Don't freak out until the draft is over with.

Comment

• T-Long
        Circling the Wagons since 1982.
        • Sep 2003

Guys, it is MARCH. HOLY ****. RELAX!!!!

Comment

• Ed
          Dude
          • Sep 2002

Coaches always talk up the guys that are currently on the team because it's all they can do. It doesn't mean we're not going to bring in another guard.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed
            Coaches always talk up the guys that are currently on the team because it's all they can do. It doesn't mean we're not going to bring in another guard.
            You keep forgetting who's running our team. Until they give me a reason to have faith in them, I'm sorry I can't do it. It's been 9 long offseasons and this one looked like it might be a good one but we all know that T.O. was only signed to sell tickets and merchandise. It was a definitely marketing move.

Comment

• MPN
              • Mar 2009

Thank you for the link. They are only makingn this statement to try and spin their situation. It is no big deal, there is still plenty of time to either draft or pick up a free agent. Lets hope they use the time to evauluate best options and have a contingency if they fail...

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by T-Long
                yeah? What good guards are left? What guards are there in the draft that will help this team?

This is typical Buffalo- they do a good job unloading the trash, then they try to replace the trash with the guys who were on the bench backing up the trash the year before.

****. No wonder we never win.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• topher180
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by T-Long
                  True, it is March. But again, we are talking about the Bills. People are fed up dude, how can you blame them.

I think people who say how the Bills will be in the playoff hunt now because of T.O. alone need to chill out waaayyyyy more.

in·ept
                  Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

Comment

• T-Long
                    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                    • Sep 2003

Duke Robinson isn't a good candidate for guard in Round 2? He would start for us Day One.

All I'm saying is people need to chill out...it will get addressed eventually

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

I see no problems with giving Chambers or Bell a shot to earn the LG spot.
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

Personally, I'm OK with Chambers or Bell at LG... I think they're both capable and no worse than a push over Dockery.

Fast forward to the draft... We've only got 1 center on the team. That says to me that we'll be drafting a G/C or C/G fairly early... He's gonna have to be a talented and versatile guy.

Peters - Chambers - Hangartner - Butler - Walker
                        Chambers/Bell - Chambers/Bell - Rookie - Rookie - Chambers/Bell

Comment

• theanswer74
                          • Apr 2004

I dont understand how people get so frustrated that we arent signing players that no one else wants?

It confuses me. I have to read every offseason about Bennie Anderson and Tutan Reyes, yet people want us to continue to sign those players.

Comment

• raphael120
                            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                            • Oct 2005

I wonder if we're going to be loving the T.O. move when he's talking crap about Buffalo and hating it here when we're 0-6.

Comment

• theanswer74
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by raphael120
                              I wonder if we're going to be loving the T.O. move when he's talking crap about Buffalo and hating it here when we're 0-6.
                              Yep, all because we didnt sign Mike Goff.

You guys are drama queens.

Comment

Working...
                              X