PDA

View Full Version : Time to clean house...

Nighthawk
03-17-2009, 08:48 PM
I've changed my view and totally feel that a complete house cleaning needs to be done. I'm sorry, but this team does not play for Ruff anymore...he's way too easy on them and besides a few players, nobody is held accountable. With that being said, the players suck on this team and that is Regier's fault...he needs to go also. No playoffs in 5 out of 7 years is inexcuseable and a joke. This organization is just as bad as the Bills and people need to start showing their displeasure. Mediocrity is breeding mediocrity in that FO and it has to stop. There is no desire, no heart, no passion and no character in this organization. It's time to blow it up...COMPLETELY!!!

bflojohn
03-17-2009, 08:51 PM
D-I-T-T-O!!!

Myers57
03-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Not sure about Ruff, but if we miss the playoffs we should get rid of Regeir

Nighthawk
03-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Not sure about Ruff, but if we miss the playoffs we should get rid of Regeir

I like Ruff...but this guy's attitude is just like the players. None of them care...and neither does Ruff. No emotion, no passion...just ridiculous.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-17-2009, 09:25 PM
I've changed my view and totally feel that a complete house cleaning needs to be done. I'm sorry, but this team does not play for Ruff anymore...he's way too easy on them and besides a few players, nobody is held accountable. With that being said, the players suck on this team and that is Regier's fault...he needs to go also. No playoffs in 5 out of 7 years is inexcuseable and a joke. This organization is just as bad as the Bills and people need to start showing their displeasure. Mediocrity is breeding mediocrity in that FO and it has to stop. There is no desire, no heart, no passion and no character in this organization. It's time to blow it up...COMPLETELY!!!

well it's not happening so :nana:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=171851

Myers57
03-17-2009, 09:29 PM
I like Ruff...but this guy's attitude is just like the players. None of them care...and neither does Ruff. No emotion, no passion...just ridiculous.

Yea but you can't say that. You don't know what this guy is like in the locker room, and he always in the top tier of best NHL coaches in rankings

chernobylwraiths
03-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Wow. Is there ANY fight in this team? I heard a telling thing late in the game. "Foligno knocks down Tellquist, and the officials must think it is incidental contact". Now two things on this. One is that officials have LET the other team run the crap out of our goaltenders virtually all season. One of the runs resulted in an injury which is the reason why this team is going nowhere this year. I don't care that Gomez wasn't trying to hurt our goalie, he intended to bump him. The second thing is that of course, nobody laid a finger on Foligno.

I blame this as much on Lindy as I blame it on the players. They take their que from him and he has told them that it is OK to beat up on our players, especially our star players. Where was the Lindy that was incensed at Neil's hit on Drury? The team has lacked grit and a strong physical presence for years, and I think it might be taking its toll on the only players that actually play that style. Jerry Sullivan asked Lindy after Miller got hurt why he didn't send a message. Lindy basically said that it wasn't the time to. Well Lindy, you are rapidly losing a playoff spot again and your team is going away with a wimper.

I also blame this on Regier. I completely agree that this team lucked out after the lockout to have the type of players that was needed to win in the regular season. The unfortunate thing is, Darcy didn't realize that they play a different game in the playoffs and his team was lacking in some of those areas. What did he do? Let them all go. What happened to Mike Grier? Darcy offered the same amount of money to him and he decided to go elsewhere because "he didn't like the direction of the team". Looking back, wow, that is telling. He saw it back then. Drury might have screwed the Sabres a bit when he gave them the impression that he would be back, but it was just repayment for Darcy's or Larry's lack of movement when a contract was there for the taking.

Darcy has been behind in just about every step of the way. McKee left for more money but wasn't really offered anything to stay. Grier was offered the same amount, but he was offered the money first in San Jose (a sign of the way the Sabres would start to do business). Briere walked away without really being offered a legitimate deal. Dumont was never offered anything before arbitration and was only offered a deal AFTER Darcy told him they would not pay him the arbitration award. Vanek had to be offered a contract by another team before we matched the offer. Yet Hecht never came close to free agency, and neither did Pomminville. As you look at it now, both are grossly overpaid. We got Spacek to offset McKee and he has helped a little offensively and hurt a LOT defensively and barely has any physical ability.

Darcy should go.

JD
03-17-2009, 10:07 PM
It starts at the top, **** QUINN.

Quinn is the piece of **** mastermind behind all of this. **** Regier too.

We need t-shirts with the sabres logo and below the logo

"got heart?"
They dont.

pjw
03-17-2009, 10:17 PM

Are you really that dumb?

SabreEleven
03-17-2009, 10:34 PM

You and Quinn are idiots...You don't say much for the Depew School system.

SabreEleven
03-17-2009, 10:35 PM
It starts at the top, **** QUINN.

Quinn is the piece of **** mastermind behind all of this. **** Regier too.

We need t-shirts with the sabres logo and below the logo

"got heart?"
They dont.

Quinn is a minor partner. He'll never go away. EVER.

chubluv
03-17-2009, 10:37 PM
I think Darcy & Lindy need to go. I know part of it is not their fault, but not adapting is their fault.
The NHL is digressing back to its pre lock out days and thats not good. We are still set up as an organization as a speedy team, but that type of team worked the first year and half after the lock out. It doesn't work any more. We have hardly any toughness on our roster.
Its time for the team to go in a new direction and unless we win 9 out of the last 12 games we are not going to get in the playoffs. which means no first round home games that Tom G so covets so he can get a little more return on his investment. Throw in the towel Mr Gollisano and look ahead to next year and have Quinn go find us some players with some grit and heart.

OpIv37
03-17-2009, 11:18 PM
I'll keep Ruff. Anyone and everyone else has to go, That includes Reiger.

SabreEleven
03-17-2009, 11:24 PM
I think the players stopped listening and believing in Ruff no matter what he does...The players cost him his job, IMO

chernobylwraiths
03-18-2009, 06:36 AM
I would fire Regeir and move Ruff upstairs. Then hire Cunnyworth as coach. He knows the system Ruff coaches and would coach similarly IMO. That way Ruff can get the players that they need to actually play the system.

SabreEleven
03-18-2009, 06:45 AM
Cunnyworth seems too passive to me. I think this team needs some one to insert a boot in their ass and keep it there.

rbochan
03-18-2009, 07:44 AM
Let's see here...
The majority of this "team" of great and talented players will be back next season. Oh, and and all of them will be paid more!
Quinn has publicly stated that Lindy and Darcy will be back next year.
Ticket prices are going up at least 5%.

Yep, there needs to be some housecleaning - by US. Mainly at the box office and merchandising.

Stoneludlow
03-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Cunnyworth seems too passive to me. I think this team needs some one to insert a boot in their ass and keep it there.

I say bring back the coach that never should have been let go---Ted Nolan. There was some passion there.

Agree with putting Lindy in the GM role.

Someone we don't hear from lately is the very top of this organization. Has he been kidnapped or is he dead?

mchurchfie
03-18-2009, 12:29 PM
I think Darcy & Lindy need to go. I know part of it is not their fault, but not adapting is their fault.
The NHL is digressing back to its pre lock out days and thats not good. We are still set up as an organization as a speedy team, but that type of team worked the first year and half after the lock out. It doesn't work any more. We have hardly any toughness on our roster.
Its time for the team to go in a new direction and unless we win 9 out of the last 12 games we are not going to get in the playoffs. which means no first round home games that Tom G so covets so he can get a little more return on his investment. Throw in the towel Mr Gollisano and look ahead to next year and have Quinn go find us some players with some grit and heart.
I think that this team is sorely overrated as being speedy. If we are so fast why do we keep getting beat to all of the pucks? This team used to be fast but now it is slow and soft. This whole roster needs to be blown up. Get rid of that whole little underachieving clique of Pomminville, Hecht, Roy, Talinder, etc.

OpIv37
03-18-2009, 12:45 PM
I think that this team is sorely overrated as being speedy. If we are so fast why do we keep getting beat to all of the pucks? This team used to be fast but now it is slow and soft. This whole roster needs to be blown up. Get rid of that whole little underachieving clique of Pomminville, Hecht, Roy, Talinder, etc.

I don't think the problem is lack of speed. I think they're not moving their feet, which is due to two things: 1. Plain old laziness and 2. a fear of getting hit, since no one on this team stands up for our players.

Dr. Lecter
03-18-2009, 02:20 PM
I say bring back the coach that never should have been let go---Ted Nolan. There was some passion there.

Agree with putting Lindy in the GM role.

Someone we don't hear from lately is the very top of this organization. Has he been kidnapped or is he dead?

Ted Nolan is one of the two most overrated people in Buffalo sports history and is not a good coach.

Just say no to Nolan.

chernobylwraiths
03-18-2009, 02:23 PM
Ted Nolan is one of the two most overrated people in Buffalo sports history and is not a good coach.

Just say no to Nolan.

I disagree, but I didn't want to bring his name into this. I don't think his return could ever be possible.

Nighthawk
03-18-2009, 05:16 PM
I don't think the problem is lack of speed. I think they're not moving their feet, which is due to two things: 1. Plain old laziness and 2. a fear of getting hit, since no one on this team stands up for our players.

Laziness is a BIG problem on this team. This FO has to stop bringing in these mediocre players who think they are better then they are. They need to bring in some real talent and let the losers on this team see what it means to be a real hockey player.

JD
03-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Lot of empty seats next year. If I had seasons, I wouldn't renew.. even if they did something in free agency (which they wont).

chernobylwraiths
03-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Lot of empty seats next year. If I had seasons, I wouldn't renew.. even if they did something in free agency (which they wont).

I will renew and I'm sure my partner will also. If I get a chance to get more tickets, I will get them and I'm also sure I will have no problem selling them either.

SabreEleven
03-18-2009, 08:00 PM
I will renew and I'm sure my partner will also. If I get a chance to get more tickets, I will get them and I'm also sure I will have no problem selling them either.

Your life partner?

chernobylwraiths
03-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Your life partner?

:::

Nighthawk
03-21-2009, 09:21 PM
The more I hear Ruff talk, the more I think he doesn't have a clue anymore. He actually thinks these guys are giving it their all and giving a good effort....seriously? It's time to move on...