PDA

View Full Version : I have no confidence that the Bills FO is doing anything else.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 08:27 AM
I'm convinced that after Coles snubbed us to go to the Bengals we were desperate and had to get TO in here at all costs. It was a good move but shows just how big a hole we've dug ourselves as an organization.

The Bills are cheap. Anyone who wants to argue this only has to look at the fact that our team last year had one the most unused cap spaces in the league. Wilson also generates one of the nicest profits in the the entire league.

My point is simple. I actually do not believe that the Bills will do anything of signifigance before the draft. I believe that everything is window dressing at this point.

Buy your TO jerseys and get excited but until the Bills address the GIANT holes still left on this team I'm not sure why.

I should have known that Scheffler was too good to be true. It actually meant the Bills made a strong move to bring in an impact player that addressed a hole long term. I'm sick of the bandaid approach around here.

Philagape
03-18-2009, 08:32 AM
TO "at all costs"? He was a bargain.

MPN
03-18-2009, 08:38 AM

A bargain?, maybe, but that doesn't change the facts that he was a desperation move and is probably the only significant move the Bills will make this offseason. Looks like another year of wasted cap space, I too am sick and tired of the bandaid approach. It would be nice if these "building years" actually built towards something.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 08:40 AM

I didn't say it was a bad move but we had no choice.

The media will argue that he was overpaid but serioulsy by how much? A million dollars? That's chump change.

My point is that the Bills incompetence has led to us having to be reactive instead of proactive.

Thurmal
03-18-2009, 09:04 AM
They may be waiting for June 1st cuts. I'm hoping Heap becomes available after Baltimore signed LJ Smith.

PH83
03-18-2009, 09:14 AM
The Bills are cheap. Anyone who wants to argue this only has to look at the fact that our team last year had one the most unused cap spaces in the league. Wilson also generates one of the nicest profits in the the entire league.Good thing you're not a fan of the Colts or Steelers, they make the Bills spending look like A.I.G. If anything the Bills spend too much and don't draft well enough.

PH83
03-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Also, how do you go from this yesterday?
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=171961

To this today?

mayotm
03-18-2009, 09:31 AM

To this today?HH's opinions can change by the minute.

shelby
03-18-2009, 09:31 AM
He got excited over a rumor.

:console:

SABuffalo786
03-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Let's chill. The Bills aren't the do-nothing Sabres. They aren't done by any stretch of the imagination...

DrGraves
03-18-2009, 09:55 AM
What are we doing with our **** ton of cap space these days? Sign peppers.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 10:01 AM

To this today?

I just said that Scheffler never happened. That was the move I just cited in this thread. Do people actually read around here?

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 10:03 AM
He got excited over a rumor.

:console:

Yes, I did. Thanks for the love.

I should have known better. The fact that the Bills were making such a strong move at TE really got me overly excited. I admit it.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Good thing you're not a fan of the Colts or Steelers, they make the Bills spending look like A.I.G. If anything the Bills spend too much and don't draft well enough.

This might be my favorite post because you just made my point. Both of these teams don't have to over spend because of the great job they do managing their clubs.

Michael82
03-18-2009, 11:13 AM
I feel the same way and it's depressing. :sigh:

tat2dmike77
03-18-2009, 11:16 AM
So tell me MR.FRONTOFFICE MAN. Who is out there to go and get that is worth giving up picks or signing?

FlyingDutchman
03-18-2009, 11:26 AM
I just said that Scheffler never happened. That was the move I just cited in this thread. Do people actually read around here?

so now what if the bills sign someone like Tony in the next couple of days or weeks....are you going to go back to this...?

people need to chill the f out around here and stop having knee jerk reactions 5 dang months before the season....its getting rediculous

casdhf
03-18-2009, 11:26 AM
The Bills are cheap. Anyone who wants to argue this only has to look at the fact that our team last year had one the most unused cap spaces in the league. Wilson also generates one of the nicest profits in the the entire league.
link?

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 11:30 AM
So tell me MR.FRONTOFFICE MAN. Who is out there to go and get that is worth giving up picks or signing?

I understand your point but lets go back. Marv Levy was brought in to fix this and everyone signed on for rebuilding after the Donohoe mess. From Levy and Jauron forward is all I'm talking about but it's going on 4 years:

McCargo - bust pick and we moved up to get him.
Royal - gone, bust FA move.
Dockery - 20 million dollar mistake
Whittle - did he ever play a down in 2 years here?
Price - This guy is the richest loser on the panet.
Clements - don't worry we won't tag you and get some value for you.
Nall - your welcome for the free moeny.

That's the short list but this office makes one good move ie., Trent and Stroud, and than makes twenty stupid ones.

We need to facilitate a trade to get a Scheffler type player. I'm usually big on keeping draft picks but I think the bills need to evalaute trading out of their draft picks to get some impact players. No more projects.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 11:34 AM
so now what if the bills sign someone like Tony in the next couple of days or weeks....are you going to go back to this...?

people need to chill the f out around here and stop having knee jerk reactions 5 dang months before the season....its getting rediculous

Your right 10 years without a playoff birth should garner high expectations.

Again, that post was based on the premise that Scheffler was coming to Buffalo.

Gonzales was a good pick up in middle of last season when it looked like we could make a playoff run. I would not be happy with Gaonzales.

Owens at 36 is still the best WR in the league with the exception of Fitzgerald so he's an exception to the rule.

Gonzales doesn't have the same pedigree at this point.

FlyingDutchman
03-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Your right 10 years without a playoff birth should garner high expectations.

Again, that post was based on the premise that Scheffler was coming to Buffalo.

Gonzales was a good pick up in middle of last season when it looked like we could make a playoff run. I would not be happy with Gaonzales.

Owens at 36 is still the best WR in the league with the exception of Fitzgerald so he's an exception to the rule.

Gonzales doesn't have the same pedigree at this point.

huh?

DraftBoy
03-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Thread #2 with one word summation: Overreaction

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Thread #2 with one word summation: Overreaction

To be fair if we do nothing between now and the draft than can I be piseed? Simple yes or no.

Bert102176
03-18-2009, 12:50 PM

Owen Daniels TE a RFA and a damn good one

TacklingDummy
03-18-2009, 01:05 PM
So Tat asks you a question...

...and you come back with this.

That's the short list but this office makes one good move ie., Trent and Stroud, and than makes twenty stupid ones.

We need to facilitate a trade to get a Scheffler type player. I'm usually big on keeping draft picks but I think the bills need to evalaute trading out of their draft picks to get some impact players. No more projects.

Are you *****ing just to *****?

DraftBoy
03-18-2009, 01:08 PM
To be fair if we do nothing between now and the draft than can I be piseed? Simple yes or no.

No.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 01:11 PM
No.

Okay, well than you go live in your little homer bubble while the rest of us realists continue to get it right.

I forgot that homer season starts about now and doesn't end until midway through the season.

Every season the ones that are the most optimistic end up being the most negative.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 01:16 PM
So Tat asks you a question...

...and you come back with this.

Are you *****ing just to *****?

I can't tell you which teams are willing to trade players. That's the Bills job. Obvioulsy the available FAs haven't impressed us or the Bills so that's what we are left with.

Do you know which players are available for a trade that isn't pure speculation at this point?

The Bills went into FA with holes which they added to by cutting Dockery. Who's fault is that? Nobody died so this is completely in their control.

FlyingDutchman
03-18-2009, 01:17 PM
Okay, well than you go live in your little homer bubble while the rest of us realists continue to get it right.

I forgot that homer season starts about now and doesn't end until midway through the season.

Every season the ones that are the most optimistic end up being the most negative.

it doesnt make us a homer and unrealistic if we're not freakin out 5 months before the season even starts. it just makes us sane and not full of anxiety

TacklingDummy
03-18-2009, 01:18 PM
I can't tell you which teams are willing to trade players. That's the Bills job. Obvioulsy the available FAs haven't impressed us or the Bills so that's what we are left with.

The question was centered more around Free Agents. What Free Agents are out there that you want the Bills to go sign?

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 01:33 PM
it doesnt make us a homer and unrealistic if we're not freakin out 5 months before the season even starts. it just makes us sane and not full of anxiety

I don't need to run out of gas to know that I'm going to run out of gas.

The Bills, today, cannot get it done with the draft alone. Fact.

FlyingDutchman
03-18-2009, 01:35 PM
so who do you want the bills to sign? every person that gets released from a team? are you one of those people?

FlyingDutchman
03-18-2009, 01:39 PM
can you answer tacklingdummys question please

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 01:39 PM
so who do you want the bills to sign? every person that gets released from a team? are you one of those people?

Scheffler or Owen Daniels.

PH83
03-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Scheffler or Owen Daniels.Hard to sign when they haven't been released.

TrEd FTW
03-18-2009, 01:44 PM

Uh, Scheffler isn't a free agent. And isn't the compensation for Daniels a first- and a third-round pick?

FlyingDutchman
03-18-2009, 01:53 PM

they are not free agents buddy

FlyingDutchman
03-18-2009, 01:55 PM
here comes a rant that the front office doesnt want to win bc they havent gone balls out to trade for these guys...in 3...2...1...

PH83
03-18-2009, 01:58 PM
here comes a rant that the front office doesnt want to win bc they havent gone balls out to trade for these guys...in 3...2...1...
A great player Owen Daniels is, but worth a 1st and 3rd he is not.

http://saysomethingfunny.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/yoda.jpg

Goobylal
03-18-2009, 02:03 PM
The Bills will sign a LB'er. Whether it's Crowell, June, or Keiaho remains to be seen.

As for LG, I don't know. I think they'd rather go with who they have, than sign/trade for an old retread.

As for TE, I have no idea if they're targeting Scheffler or are looking towards the draft. But I think we'll see another TE brought aboard.

The season doesn't end the day after the draft. If the Bills make no moves before the start of the season, I'll be concerned. And if the season proves to be a poor one (again), I'll be PO'd.

DraftBoy
03-18-2009, 02:03 PM

:rofl: That's only funny because of how dumb it sounds.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 02:09 PM
they are not free agents buddy

I know they are not FAs. I'm not the GM. Would I give up a 1st and 3rd for Daniels? Yes.

Welker made the Pats instantly better. Wasn't that a 1st and third? How about Michael Turner? The Bills could have done that deal and not drafted Lynch for a 1st and 3rd.

I'll trade unproven draft pciks for young proven starters anyday.

PH83
03-18-2009, 02:10 PM
I know they are not FAs. I'm not the GM. Would I give up a 1st and 3rd for Daniels? Yes.

Welker made the Pats instantly better. Wasn't that a 1st and third? How about Michael Turner? The Bills could have done that deal and not drafted Lynch for a 1st and 3rd.

I'll trade unproven draft pciks for young proven starters anyday.You're freaking crazy man. He is good, but Witten, Gates, Gonzalez he is not.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 02:11 PM
You're freaking crazy man. He is good, but Witten, Gates, Gonzalez he is not.

Would you trade him for Ellis and McKelvin?

PH83
03-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Would you trade him for Ellis and McKelvin?Absolutely not. McKelvin is one of the most dynamic players in the game right now. He is on the same level with guys like Hester and Chris Johnson, add to that the fact that he is not even anywhere remotely close to his prime or potential as an athlete.

Ellis is a bust of a pick, thought so from day one. But every team in the NFL has early picks that they look back on a year later and say "did we seriously draft this bum?" Life's a *****, just have a coke and a smile and things will work out. This is a draft that has playmaking TE's from rounds 1 all the way to 5; to sit here and think that a position like TE won't be adressed at some juncture in the draft is insanity.

Just the fact that they were even in the picture to aquire guys like Gonzalez (last season) and more recently Scheffler should tell the average fan that they at least recognize the lack of production from that position and are looking to upgrade it at some point in the near future.

TrEd FTW
03-18-2009, 02:18 PM

Good thing you're not the GM, then.

FlyingDutchman
03-18-2009, 02:23 PM

I'll trade unproven draft pciks for young proven starters anyday.

and there it is. i dont think you knew that they werent FA's. And if you would give up a 1st and a 3rd for Daniels then just stop posting bc you have instantly lost all credibility of football knowledge.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 07:46 PM
and there it is. i dont think you knew that they werent FA's. And if you would give up a 1st and a 3rd for Daniels then just stop posting bc you have instantly lost all credibility of football knowledge.

I didn't know they were FAs? Now that's funny.

You probably need to read my other threads and you would know better.

Yes, I would give up the RFA comp because I doubt the Bills would do better in the draft. IMO.

I asked this question earlier today: Would you trade McKelvin and Ellis for Daniels?

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Absolutely not. McKelvin is one of the most dynamic players in the game right now. He is on the same level with guys like Hester and Chris Johnson, add to that the fact that he is not even anywhere remotely close to his prime or potential as an athlete.

Ellis is a bust of a pick, thought so from day one. But every team in the NFL has early picks that they look back on a year later and say "did we seriously draft this bum?" Life's a *****, just have a coke and a smile and things will work out. This is a draft that has playmaking TE's from rounds 1 all the way to 5; to sit here and think that a position like TE won't be adressed at some juncture in the draft is insanity.

Just the fact that they were even in the picture to aquire guys like Gonzalez (last season) and more recently Scheffler should tell the average fan that they at least recognize the lack of production from that position and are looking to upgrade it at some point in the near future.

Scheffler is a rumor.

jimbohastle51
03-18-2009, 07:52 PM
i think we could still be in play for scheffler, just because it didnt get done in the past 2 days doesnt mean we wont deal for him. as far as heap goes, LJ smith was brought in to complement heap. they are keeping both TE's. and they need them both because outside of derrick mason, there 2 best recievers are heap and now lj smith. baltimore is in no position to release any proven recieving threat. i think everyone got excited over the cutler ideal but i think if anything was/is going on it is for scheffler all along.

FlyingDutchman
03-18-2009, 07:58 PM
I didn't know they were FAs? Now that's funny.

You probably need to read my other threads and you would know better.

Yes, I would give up the RFA comp because I doubt the Bills would do better in the draft. IMO.

I asked this question earlier today: Would you trade McKelvin and Ellis for Daniels?

wow you neg me and say IIIMMMM the idiot? LOL. youre probably the only person in the world who talks about football who would give up a 1st and a 3rd for a freakin TE. Kellen Winslow, a top 10 TE with enormous upside just went to the Bucs for a 2nd round pick and you want to give up the #11 overall pick AAAANNNNDDD our 3rd for Owen freaking Daniels?....ok buddy whatever you say.....keep digging your hole of stupidity.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 07:59 PM
i think we could still be in play for scheffler, just because it didnt get done in the past 2 days doesnt mean we wont deal for him. as far as heap goes, LJ smith was brought in to complement heap. they are keeping both TE's. and they need them both because outside of derrick mason, there 2 best recievers are heap and now lj smith. baltimore is in no position to release any proven recieving threat. i think everyone got excited over the cutler ideal but i think if anything was/is going on it is for scheffler all along.

I hope you are right but there's not one shred of proof that there has been any conversation between Scheffler's agent and our FO.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 08:04 PM
I apologize for this thread. We just picked up Pat Thomas. Looking good.:eek:

FlyingDutchman
03-18-2009, 08:11 PM
and no, i wouldnt even trade JUST mckelvin for Daniels...and youre just trying to use the Ellis thing bc hasnt turned out so good. Take a later pick though like Corner. No way in hell would I trade Mckelvin and our 4th round pick for daniels and I dont think many people would. Happy?

FlyingDutchman
03-18-2009, 08:32 PM
well that took long to put your foot in your mouth. way to go. didnt see that coming

topher180
03-18-2009, 09:04 PM
I apologize for this thread. We just picked up Pat Thomas. Looking good.:eek:

Beat me to it. Yup, guess the OLB hole is filled!

psubills62
03-18-2009, 10:00 PM
well that took long to put your foot in your mouth. way to go. didnt see that coming

What are you talking about? HH never looks foolish in his threads. :rolleyes: