PDA

View Full Version : LOL at Jets posters plans for TO and Lee

soapman
03-18-2009, 09:53 AM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=43385

Mahdi
03-18-2009, 09:58 AM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=43385
If any team in the AFC can have their way with our Offense it is the Jets actually. Their front 7 and back 4 are solid. It's going to be one heck of a battle.

streetkings01
03-18-2009, 09:59 AM
If any team in the AFC can have their way with our Offense it is the Jets actually. Their front 7 and back 4 are solid. It's going to be one heck of a battle.Just like they had their way with our offense last season......both of our QBs were able to move the ball up and down the field on that Jets defense last season, if it wasn't for their bumbling ways.....we would've been 2-0 against the Jets!

DrGraves
03-18-2009, 10:01 AM
We don't have a left side of the offensive line. Every defense in the league will have its way with us.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-18-2009, 10:05 AM
We don't have a left side of the offensive line. Every defense in the league will have its way with us.<!-- / message -->

Seriously though, Peters will be here in mini-camp with or without a contract. We will extend him in the early part of the season just like Lee and we will get a guard in the draft.

venis2k1
03-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Jets have a good D-line. Kris Jenkins rocked us.

Mahdi
03-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Just like they had their way with our offense last season......both of our QBs were able to move the ball up and down the field on that Jets defense last season, if it wasn't for their bumbling ways.....we would've been 2-0 against the Jets!
Jets didnt have Lito Sheppard, Jim Leonhard (a big overrated but still a playmaker), Bart Scott and most of all Rex Ryan.

Don't forget about Gholston. Rex will figure out how to use that freakish talent.

justasportsfan
03-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Whats so funny? Rex Ryan D vs. Turk. Their DL vs. our OL? On paper they already swept us.

tat2dmike77
03-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Jets didnt have Lito Sheppard, Jim Leonhard (a big overrated but still a playmaker), Bart Scott and most of all Rex Ryan.

Don't forget about Gholston. Rex will figure out how to use that freakish talent.

Just because they were good in one city doesn't mean they will have the same results.

R.Ryan is now the HC which means he just can't soley focus on the Defense like he did in Baltimore. Sheppard is old, be honest Leonhard benefited from playing with Ed Reed last time i checked Leonhard didn't do crap when he was here, Scott is a good LB but playing between Lewis and Suggs will do that too you. Don't go giving the Jets two wins already. Like last season so many people thought Favre was going to take them deep into the playoffs we all know what happened.

Mahdi
03-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Just because they were good in one city doesn't mean they will have the same results.

R.Ryan is now the HC which means he just can't soley focus on the Defense like he did in Baltimore. Sheppard is old, be honest Leonhard benefited from playing with Ed Reed last time i checked Leonhard didn't do crap when he was here, Scott is a good LB but playing between Lewis and Suggs will do that too you. Don't go giving the Jets two wins already. Like last season so many people thought Favre was going to take them deep into the playoffs we all know what happened.
Lito is 27. And is a solid player. Bart Scott will be playing with David Harris, Calvin Pace, Bryan Thomas and Vernon Gholston. That is a good group. Harris is becoming one of the best young ILB in the NFL along with Patrick Willis.

TigerJ
03-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Since Buffalo's offensive lilne situation is completely up in the air, I don't even want to hazard a guess as to how it will turn out. I hope the offensive line gets settled and turns out to be pretty good, but no one really knows. Will the Bills settle with Peters? Will they trade him? Will they sign a free agent guard? Will they let Chambers, Bell and a draft choice battle to start at left guard? Willl they move Walker to LT and start Chambers at RT? Let's get som questions answered before we fret too much about how the Jets or anybody else game plan on defense for the Bills.

I do know that as last season wore on, teams began to gameplan better in order to compensate for Trent Edwards' strengths. Part of Trent's maturation will need to be learning to adjust to what defenses will try to do. I'm optimistic, because I do think he continues to have a lot of upside. I think he can learn and overcome any deficiencies in his game. He's smart, can read defenses quickly, has a good arm and is reasonably athletic, so there's no reason to think he can't become a well rounded QB who's tough for any team to defense.

justasportsfan
03-18-2009, 12:06 PM
last time i checked Leonhard didn't do crap when he was here, .
Niether has Whitner. IMO it's a coaching thing. I do agree that since Balt had a great Db situation it allowed Leonard to play closer to the LOS and make plays unlike here where his size couldn't do much by covering receivers.

You have to have a good coach who can recognize that and put players in situation to succeed based on their strengths and weakness instead of throwing them into a system and telling them to make it work.

The pats do this very well. Unlike the bills they aren't in love with a system.

Leonard was the smartest player we had on D who was in the wrong position. We let him go in favor of Wilson which tells you our FO isn't all that smart.

Stoneludlow
03-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Whats so funny? Rex Ryan D vs. Turk. Their DL vs. our OL? On paper they already swept us.

That's why they play the game. It ain't played on paper!!!

justasportsfan
03-18-2009, 12:12 PM
That's why they play the game. It ain't played on paper!!!
but it's offseason and the only thing we can go on when trying to match up teams is whats on paper. WOuld you like me to make a match up based on last years results? The swept us then too.

Stoneludlow
03-18-2009, 12:17 PM
but it's offseason and the only thing we can go on when trying to match up teams is whats on paper. WOuld you like me to make a match up based on last years results? The swept us then too.

We still have the draft coming up, voluntary mini camp, and training camp before we know what we have is better or worse than last season.

It's WAY TOO EARLY to start worrying about everybody else in the league and what they look like on paper now.

justasportsfan
03-18-2009, 12:22 PM
We still have the draft coming up, voluntary mini camp, and training camp before we know what we have is better or worse than last season.

It's WAY TOO EARLY to start worrying about everybody else in the league and what they look like on paper now.

You mean we can overcome last year with a bunch of rookies? The jets are drafting too.

It's not that I'm worried but we don't have the right to be laughing at any AFCE fans when they are matching up their team vs. bills.

Nighthawk
03-18-2009, 12:28 PM

Whoa now...did you say "freakish" talent...are you serious? They don't have any players that I would call "freakish" in regards to talent.

Mahdi
03-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Whoa now...did you say "freakish" talent...are you serious? They don't have any players that I would call "freakish" in regards to talent.
Kris Jenkins and Gholston are exactly that. Jenkins is a freak seeing as how he is 345 pounds and can move fast. Gholston has freakish talent, he just needs to adjust to the pro game.

tat2dmike77
03-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Well why play the season? I mean whats the point? The Jets are just gonna be so bad ass they will whip everyone right? Thier defense will whoop everyone and score all thier points for them.

Mitchell55
03-18-2009, 01:28 PM
I love it that they complain about there pass rush. Out of all people.

Mahdi
03-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Well why play the season? I mean whats the point? The Jets are just gonna be so bad ass they will whip everyone right? Thier defense will whoop everyone and score all thier points for them.
I dont think anyone is saying that either. I just wouldn't laugh at Jet fans who are optimistic about their defense. Cause I also believe they are going to be among the best. They were already good last year.

justasportsfan
03-19-2009, 09:44 AM
I dont think anyone is saying that either. I just wouldn't laugh at Jet fans who are optimistic about their defense. Cause I also believe they are going to be among the best. They were already good last year.

Rex Ryan tends to have an aggressive D. Imagine what'll happen if our OL is made up of rookies. They sacked Trent 5 times in the 2nd game last year

Imagaine what'll happen if BB gives us different looks on D that even Turk hasn't seen nor practiced for all week.

Jeff1220
03-19-2009, 09:50 AM
I honestly think the Jets D is going to be bad ass! Watch that team develop an identity based on viscious, attacking D - much like the Ravens.