X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Bills Mock Draft.

I really think the Bills are going to use this draft to stock the lines... That being said here is how I think it will go down for the first 4 rounds.

Round 1. Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee

Round 2. Lawrence Sidbury, DE, Richmond

Round 3. Cornelius Ingram, TE, Florida

Round 4. Jonathan Luigs, OC/OG, Arkansas

Ayers would give the Bills a strong force on the line that can play the run very well but can also disrupt the pocket.

Sidbury is a pure speed pass rusher and would complement Schobel and Ayers very well. Very Robert Mathis like player.

Ingram would probably be a 2nd round pick if it wasn't for his injury, maybe even the first TE taken. Ingram can do it all. Decent blocker too.

Luigs would be a perfect fit in a zone blocking scheme the Bills are trying to run. Great feet, can maul in the run game. Smart.

If the draft actually went like this I would be impressed and very excited.
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: Bills Mock Draft.

I gotta say no thanks to Robert Ayers at 11, we need playmakers
    And if we take a DE at 11 we need to go G in RD2 cause we havent signed anyone there yet and will need a starter i hope they dont go this route but it looks like they are
    luv the 3rd and 4th round picks
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by bigbub2352
      I gotta say no thanks to Robert Ayers at 11, we need playmakers
      And if we take a DE at 11 we need to go G in RD2 cause we havent signed anyone there yet and will need a starter i hope they dont go this route but it looks like they are
      luv the 3rd and 4th round picks
      Luigs would start day 1 and would be a solid addition to the OL.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Still got issues at LB and S unless you addressing one in FA. Still OG issues too. I dont think we can go DE in Round 1 and 2 to be perfectly honest. I also think you can get Ingram in Round 4, take a LB in Round 3 and Shipley in Round 5 who can also play OC/OG.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          Still got issues at LB and S unless you addressing one in FA. Still OG issues too. I dont think we can go DE in Round 1 and 2 to be perfectly honest. I also think you can get Ingram in Round 4, take a LB in Round 3 and Shipley in Round 5 who can also play OC/OG.
          Ingram in round 4 would be theft.

Shipley is a bit smallish to play inside in our division dont you think?

I expect the Bills to sign Crowell and I was thinking safety in round 5. Maybe David Bruton from Notre Dame or something.

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi
            I really think the Bills are going to use this draft to stock the lines... That being said here is how I think it will go down for the first 4 rounds.

Round 1. Robert Ayers, DE, Tennessee

Round 2. Lawrence Sidbury, DE, Richmond

Round 3. Cornelius Ingram, TE, Florida

Round 4. Jonathan Luigs, OC/OG, Arkansas

Ayers would give the Bills a strong force on the line that can play the run very well but can also disrupt the pocket.

Sidbury is a pure speed pass rusher and would complement Schobel and Ayers very well. Very Robert Mathis like player.

Ingram would probably be a 2nd round pick if it wasn't for his injury, maybe even the first TE taken. Ingram can do it all. Decent blocker too.

Luigs would be a perfect fit in a zone blocking scheme the Bills are trying to run. Great feet, can maul in the run game. Smart.

If the draft actually went like this I would be impressed and very excited.
            Under this scenario, which defensive ends get cut? I like Ayers, but not at 11. It would be great if a 4th round pick could start at guard on day one, but it is not something you can necessarily rely on.

We have all been waiting years for the Bills to stock the lines through the draft, so I just don't see a change unless the lightbulb has finally gone on at OBD.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by EDS
              Under this scenario, which defensive ends get cut? I like Ayers, but not at 11. It would be great if a 4th round pick could start at guard on day one, but it is not something you can necessarily rely on.

We have all been waiting years for the Bills to stock the lines through the draft, so I just don't see a change unless the lightbulb has finally gone on at OBD.
              I think the fact that they have neglected adding Linemen in FA is a sign they will be very aggressive in adding them through the draft.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

I expect the Bills to sign Crowell and I was thinking safety in round 5. Maybe David Bruton from Notre Dame or something.
                6'1, 304, he may need to put on 10 pounds but he could do it.

I like Bruton but he has questionable athleticism, so in a Cover 2 scheme he may struggle. I really like Wiley out of Mich St but I can't see him being there in Rd 5.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

I worry a bit about Shipley's arms, Draftboy. He had the shortest arms of any offensive lieman at the combine, I believe. How much of a detriment is that going to be when he gets to the pro level?
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    I worry a bit about Shipley's arms, Draftboy. He had the shortest arms of any offensive lieman at the combine, I believe. How much of a detriment is that going to be when he gets to the pro level?
                    Depends really, his technique will need to be better than almost anybody else because he could be exploited by tall DT's who can use their arm length advantage to get into his body and force him back. However if he uses proper footwork to anchor and leverage to his advatange it shouldn't be too much of a deterent. I have concerns as well but Shipley plays with a mean streak and is all heart out there. I like that out of kid, he's also a leader and will make the line calls to.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

I think the fact that they have neglected adding Linemen in FA is a sign they will be very aggressive in adding them through the draft.
                      We can only hope!

That said, one fourth round guard added to the current mix still means there is a potentially huge depth issue. Right now they only have 5 linemen with game experience on the roster. Luigs (or some other rookie) and an unproven Bell would be the only reserves of note (and saying that is a stretch).

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by EDS
                        We can only hope!

That said, one fourth round guard added to the current mix still means there is a potentially huge depth issue. Right now they only have 5 linemen with game experience on the roster. Luigs (or some other rookie) and an unproven Bell would be the only reserves of note (and saying that is a stretch).
                        I really think the believe Bell is a special talent and they want to find a way to use him.

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

Luigs: 6'4", 301 pounds
                          Shipley: 6'1", 304 pounds

3 inches smaller and 3 pounds heavier...if Luigs will do well, Shipley can do well.
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by psubills62
                            Luigs: 6'4", 301 pounds
                            Shipley: 6'1", 304 pounds

3 inches smaller and 3 pounds heavier...if Luigs will do well, Shipley can do well.
                            It's not just Shipley's height it's also his arm length that may be an issue.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by The Spaz
                              It's not just Shipley's height it's also his arm length that may be an issue.
                              When you're going up against tall and strong 5 technique RDEs in our division (Seymour, Kenyon Coleman, Jarvis Green, Merling) having short arms would be a huge disadvantage because these guys I mentioned are not only bullish but they also have long arms and reach.

Comment

Working...
                              X