PDA

View Full Version : Evans: Potential of offense is exciting

Syderick
03-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Lee Evans talks about the offense, coaches and players:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/evans-potential-of-offense-is-exciting/2bfabb4b-e527-4620-a2b2-736af249f4f7

TacklingDummy
03-18-2009, 01:07 PM
JP had "potential" too.

It really does come down to Trent.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 01:08 PM
JP had "potential" too.

It really does come down to Trent.

I think the funny part is that our mediocre #1 WR has no more excuses.

Captain gameboy
03-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Juxtapose Evan's comments with the interview with Hardy that got so much space here last week.

The one thing that I took from the Hardy interview was the extremely strong suggestion that he did not get the consideration deserved, pre injury, because of those already here.

Evans doesn't even mention him. Injury perhaps?

I am coming to the conclusion that either Hardy is gone this year, or Josh Reed/Roscoe is.

My guess is that Roscoe is the odd man out.

TacklingDummy
03-18-2009, 01:14 PM
I think the funny part is that our mediocre #1 WR has no more excuses.

Mark my words, Trent will be the excuse, and people will be screaming that the Bills Front Office didn't trade for Cutler.

HAMMER
03-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Juxtapose Evan's comments with the interview with Hardy that got so much space here last week.

The one thing that I took from the Hardy interview was the extremely strong suggestion that he did not get the consideration deserved, pre injury, because of those already here.

Evans doesn't even mention him. Injury perhaps?

I am coming to the conclusion that either Hardy is gone this year, or Josh Reed/Roscoe is.

My guess is that Roscoe is the odd man out.

Roscoe isn't going anywhere, he was resigned recently and is a premier PR.

venis2k1
03-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Mark my words, Trent will be the excuse, and people will be screaming that the Bills Front Office didn't trade for Cutler.

I think this teams unwillingness to bring in a strong backup qb will be the excuse...and the play calling.

Captain gameboy
03-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Roscoe isn't going anywhere, he was resigned recently and is a premier PR.

In the NFL, recently signed means eminently tradeable.

We can replace him with another punt returner.

If Hardy is what we thought he was, (Dennis Green reference understood), Hardy is way more valuable to our offense.

I, for one, am more than willing to take a little special teams's capability and convert it to offense.

In other words, I rather would lose Roscoe and keep Hardy, and those receivers that are lower on the depth chart, than keep a guy who has never been an offensive influence.

Goobylal
03-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Why not trade or release Justin Jenkins?

PH83
03-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Like him or not, anytime you add a talent like T.O. to your roster your "potential" for explosiveness goes up ten fold. Having said that I think that a lot of this "potential" rests more on the OL's ability to keep Edwards on his feet than it does Owens, Lynch, Evans, etc... And as it stands right now the Bills have a ton of work to do in that department.

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 01:37 PM

Edwards had a better winning % than Cutler and had the same QB rating. Cutler was on a better team and had Shannahan as his mentor.

If Edwards fails I won't look at Cutler as a lost opportunity.

OpIv37
03-18-2009, 01:39 PM
If "potential" was an official stat, then the Bills and Sabres would both lead the league in potential every year.

I'm ****ing sick of potential. I want results.

Captain gameboy
03-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Why not trade or release Justin Jenkins?

$

PH83
03-18-2009, 01:42 PM
If "potential" was an official stat, then the Bills and Sabres would both lead the league in potential every year.

I'm ****ing sick of potential. I want results.You my good friend must have graduated from the Bill Parcells school of thought.

alohabillsfan
03-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Edwards had a better winning % than Cutler and had the same QB rating. Cutler was on a better team and had Shannahan as his mentor.

If Edwards fails I won't look at Cutler as a lost opportunity.

Dig just a little and you will see Cutler far outperformed Edwards last season!

PH83
03-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Dig just a little and you will see Cutler far outperformed Edwards last season!Really? Last time I checked his team and Edwards' team had damn near the same record.

TacklingDummy
03-18-2009, 02:01 PM

That's because Edwards didn't play in 2007 against Pitt, Den, NE, Jags, Cinci, Miami in 2008, Jets, Miami which would have lowered his winning %.

Instead Trent winning % is inflated due to beating teams like...

Oakland 5-11
KC 2-14
Rams 2-14
Seattle 4-12
Jags 5-11

Jets 4-12
Ravens 5-11
Miami 1-15
Jets 4-12 (Trent benched, Losman's pray wins this one)
Also in 2007 Trent played most of the first NE game but JP got credit for the loss.

That's 9 of the 11 games the Bills won when Trent was starter. Combined record 32-112.

PH83
03-18-2009, 02:03 PM
That's because Edwards didn't play in 2007 against Pitt, Den, NE, Jags, Cinci, Miami in 2008, Jets, Miami which would have lowered his winning %.

Instead Trent winning % is inflated due to beating teams like...

Oakland 5-11
KC 2-14
Rams 2-14
Seattle 4-12
Jags 5-11

Jets 4-12
Ravens 5-11
Miami 1-15
Jets 4-12 (Trent benched, Losman's pray wins this one)
Also in 2007 Trent played most of the first NE game but JP got credit for the loss.

That's 8 of the 11 games the Bills won when Trent was starter. Combined record 32-112.Your point is moot, a win in the NFL is a win. Bet the Cowboys wish they had beaten the Rams last season.

justasportsfan
03-18-2009, 03:10 PM

say what? YOu used that argument to talk up TE vs. JP. :snicker:

TacklingDummy
03-18-2009, 03:17 PM
say what? YOu used that argument to talk up TE vs. JP. :snicker:

Didn't fit that argument. :snicker:

Lexwhat
03-18-2009, 06:09 PM

I've been screaming at the front office to improve the O-Line.

I don't particularly care for Cutler. I like Trent.

Goobylal
03-18-2009, 06:48 PM
$
Jenkins re-signed for the minimum salary.

Goobylal
03-18-2009, 06:49 PM
I've been screaming at the front office to improve the O-Line.
They did, by getting rid of Fowler/Preston and Dockery.

yordad
03-18-2009, 07:27 PM
I think the funny part is that our mediocre #1 WR has no more excuses.Yeah, he does. Trent.

Dig just a little and you will see Cutler far outperformed Edwards last season! Exactly.

Really? Last time I checked his team and Edwards' team had damn near the same record.Yes really. Wins is a team stat. I hadn't noticed either QB play D, and I don't think either is primarily responsible for running the rock. With this argument, Joe Flacco must be miles ahead of either.

yordad
03-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Jenkins re-signed for the minimum salary.I think he is saying that is why we would keep him. Keep him and cut the leading punt returner in league history (per attempt).

A no. I agree with you Goobylal. The Bills are not in salary cap hell. And Parrish is much more talented/valuable then Jenkins.