PDA

View Full Version : If the draft went...

T-Long
03-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Like this for the top 10, who do you take? Just post a name, no explanation.

1. Det- Matt Stafford
2. STL- Jason Smith
3. KC- Aaron Curry
4. SEA- Eugene Monroe
5. CLE- Brian Orakpo
6. CIN- BJ Raji
7. OAK- Michael Crabtree
8. JAX- Mark Sanchez
9. GB- Everette Brown
10. SF- Aaron Maybin
11. Buf- ?

FlyingDutchman
03-18-2009, 03:54 PM
tough. Everette Brown maybe. Also depend what happens with peters up til then, if hes gone I go Andre Smith.

patmoran2006
03-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Michael Oher

(assuming we CANT trade down)

DraftBoy
Micheal Jenkins is an option there for sure.

FlyingDutchman
oops, just saw you had brown on there

FlyingDutchman
03-18-2009, 03:56 PM
if theres that many DL takin before us then god just hates us

FlyingDutchman
03-18-2009, 03:58 PM
in which case we draft judas

jamze132
03-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Trade down.

Mitchell55
03-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Trade down or lose our right to be a NFL team.

T-Long
03-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Trading down is not an option. I love how everyone thinks trading down is so easy...especially when there isn't a QB available. Make a pick.

Philagape
03-18-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm just starting my pre-draft cramming, and from what I've read, this is a reach, but if I can't trade down ....

Alex Mack

T-Long
03-18-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm just starting my pre-draft cramming, and from what I've read, this is a reach, but if I can't trade down ....

Alex Mack
That would never happen. If it did, I will run through Radio City Music Hall naked

Philagape
03-18-2009, 04:23 PM
That would never happen. If it did, I will run through Radio City Music Hall naked

In excitement or outrage? Educate me.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Andre Smith, Michael Oher or a USC linebacker. Those our the only options.

Mitchell55
03-18-2009, 04:27 PM
As of right now, Rey Maualuga. As of what I think will happen with a LB being signed, id pick Robert Ayers.

TheMan08
03-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Brian Cushing or Tyson Jackson

Mitchell55
03-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Brian Cushing or Tyson Jackson

Tyson is not a pass rusher. He is not meant to be a passrusher in the NFL. He will be no better than Kelsay.

T-Long
03-18-2009, 04:34 PM
In excitement or outrage? Educate me
Alex Mack is a 2nd rounder. The only really landing spot would be Pittsburgh with pick 32, but I think they go with Duke Robinson. I'm telling you, we will not pick Alex Mack that high.

Philagape
03-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Alex Mack is a 2nd rounder. The only really landing spot would be Pittsburgh with pick 32, but I think they go with Duke Robinson. I'm telling you, we will not pick Alex Mack that high.

You said no trades allowed, so what can't happen is out the window

T-Long
03-18-2009, 04:43 PM
You said no trades allowed, so what can't happen is out the window
Yes, you are forced to pick, but that is an uneducated guess. Keep doing your cramming and come back with something better than Alex freaking Mack at #11

SquishDaFish
03-18-2009, 04:43 PM
As of right now, Rey Maualuga. As of what I think will happen with a LB being signed, id pick Robert Ayers.

Exactly my thinking

TigerJ
03-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Micheal Jenkins is an option there for sure.Do you mean Malcolm Jenkins or Michael Johnson?

I might go Michael Oher.

T-Long
03-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Do you mean Malcom Jenkins or Michael Johnson?

I might go Michael Oher.
He means Malcolm Jenkins...to pair up with Whitner as a safety...that is..if he doesn't improve his 40 time

TigerJ
03-18-2009, 04:50 PM
I'd also consider Tyson Jackson, Robert Ayers, and Brian Cushing depending on what the Bills do between now and the draft.

The Spaz
03-18-2009, 04:50 PM
I thought Whitner was going to move to FS? If we drafted Jenkins wouldn't he be more of a FS?

ptd86
03-18-2009, 04:54 PM
sorry for being so off topic but i see all these yankee logos, does anyone know the best forum for the yankees?

and i would probably take cushing

SquishDaFish
03-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Yanks suck

ptd86
03-18-2009, 04:58 PM
you suck

X-Era
03-18-2009, 05:02 PM

1. Det- Matt Stafford
2. STL- Jason Smith
3. KC- Aaron Curry
4. SEA- Eugene Monroe
5. CLE- Brian Orakpo
6. CIN- BJ Raji
7. OAK- Michael Crabtree
8. JAX- Mark Sanchez
9. GB- Everette Brown
10. SF- Aaron Maybin
11. Buf- ?

Jeremy Maclin

Philagape
03-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Yes, you are forced to pick, but that is an uneducated guess. Keep doing your cramming and come back with something better than Alex freaking Mack at #11

Well my cramming is finding quotes like "has been rated by many experts as the best offensive lineman in college football," can start right away and anchor a line for years, is smart, a leader and never stops working all-out, best C since Mangold (how many us wished we had taken him).
I believe building the lines is top priority, and that interior O-line is one of our top two needs, along with DE. The DEs I want are gone in your little game, so this is my next priority.
My uneducation has him as a likely late first-rounder, but your little game makes it impossible to get there, not that I believe I should pass on players I want because I'm in the wrong slot anyway. So if you're going to set your own freaking rules, I'm going to name who-freaking-ever I want.

That said, my answer may be different next week and the week after that.

T-Long
03-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Well my cramming is finding quotes like "has been rated by many experts as the best offensive lineman in college football," can start right away and anchor a line for years, is smart, a leader and never stops working all-out, best C since Mangold (how many us wished we had taken him).
I believe building the lines is top priority, and that interior O-line is one of our top two needs, along with DE. The DEs I want are gone in your little game, so this is my next priority.
My uneducation has him as a likely late first-rounder, but your little game makes it impossible to get there, not that I believe I should pass on players I want because I'm in the wrong slot anyway. So if you're going to set your own freaking rules, I'm going to name who-freaking-ever I want.

That said, my answer may be different next week and the week after that.
All the rules state is that you can't trade down and you have to pick. Do you honestly think the Bills would take Mack with that pick. Seriously. I honestly thought that you may be joking there for a minute...

You can read whatever you want about Mack..but he is NOT a top 11 pick. Name me ONE expert that said he is the best OL in the draft this year!! (See Jason Smith, Eugene Monroe, Andre Smith, Michael Oher, etc...)

I can see the first round shaping up just like I have posted, and it makes the pick at 11 really hard. They would have to take the BPA and take either Maulaluga, Cushing, Maclin, Jenkins, Pettigrew. Those names are gonna fly off the board before Alex Mack even gets an honorable mention.

Philagape
03-18-2009, 05:14 PM
All the rules state is that you can't trade down and you have to pick. Do you honestly think the Bills would take Mack with that pick. Seriously. I honestly thought that you may be joking there for a minute...

This whole concept is self-contradictory. You can't rule out a legit and common tactic, and then say what's realistic.
No, I don't think the Bills would do this, and in the actual draft, neither would I. Either we're playing in the real world or it's fantasyland.

T-Long
03-18-2009, 05:18 PM
This whole concept is self-contradictory. You can't rule out a legit and common tactic, and then say what's realistic.
No, I don't think the Bills would do this, and in the actual draft, neither would I. Either we're playing in the real world or it's fantasyland.
Wait now you are confusing me...so you said Alex Mack, but am now saying they wouldn't do that and neither would you? I'm lost.

I'ts irrelevant if we are in fantasyland or the real world. I gave the situation, you tell me who you would pick. If it's Mack for you, then so be it, but I am going to tell you that you are ******ed to even think of him as an option at #11

Philagape
03-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Wait now you are confusing me...so you said Alex Mack, but am now saying they wouldn't do that and neither would you? I'm lost.

I wouldn't do it in a real draft where trading down is an option.

I'ts irrelevant if we are in fantasyland or the real world. I gave the situation, you tell me who you would pick. If it's Mack for you, then so be it, but I am going to tell you that you are ******ed to even think of him as an option at #11

Well, this is fantasyland, so I can be whatever I want here.

T-Long
03-18-2009, 05:25 PM
I wouldn't do it in a real draft where trading down is an option.

Well, this is fantasyland, so I can be whatever I want here.

Do you realize how many teams WANT to trade down? Do you think Detroit wants that #1 overall pick? Every team wants to trade down, but not that many ever want to trade up into the first half of the draft.

I give up. Pre-order your Alex freakin Mack jerseys before they are all gone!

X-Era
03-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Do you realize how many teams WANT to trade down? Do you think Detroit wants that #1 overall pick? Every team wants to trade down, but not that many ever want to trade up into the first half of the draft.

I give up. Pre-order your Alex freakin Mack jerseys before they are all gone!

I bet there are a few teams that will look at our spot for either Oher or Sanchez... I could see us moving down to 17ish and getting Michael Johnson, Robert Ayers, or Brandon Pettigrew.

DraftBoy
03-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Do you mean Malcolm Jenkins or Michael Johnson?

I might go Michael Oher.

Malcolm Jenkins, and I mean to play CB. I dont believe McGee is coming back next season and I dont think Corner will ever be more than a nickle back.

X-Era
03-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Malcolm Jenkins, and I mean to play CB. I dont believe McGee is coming back next season and I dont think Corner will ever be more than a nickle back.

Well, you should expect a few responses to that one.

T-Long
03-18-2009, 05:58 PM
Why wouldn't we resign McGee? We let Greer walk...so the writing is on the wall for McGee to sign a multi-year deal. I have to totally disagree with that and the fact that you have Jenkins slated as a CB. He will be a good safety in the NFL.

T-Long
03-18-2009, 06:00 PM
I bet there are a few teams that will look at our spot for either Oher or Sanchez... I could see us moving down to 17ish and getting Michael Johnson, Robert Ayers, or Brandon Pettigrew.
Sanchez is off the board...and do you really think teams would trade up that high for Oher?

X-Era
03-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Sanchez is off the board...and do you really think teams would trade up that high for Oher?

It depends... After Oher, your looking at Smith who doesnt exactly excite many, the next step is guys like Britton and thats another tier down IMO.

Im not saying its a sure thing, only that its possible.

Pinkerton Security
03-18-2009, 06:03 PM
id actually take Mauluga as well...or however you spell it

DraftBoy
03-18-2009, 06:06 PM
Why wouldn't we resign McGee? We let Greer walk...so the writing is on the wall for McGee to sign a multi-year deal. I have to totally disagree with that and the fact that you have Jenkins slated as a CB. He will be a good safety in the NFL.

Because he will get a huge offer on the market and will be older and we have trend of developing CB's and letting them walk. I see no reason why Jenkins should be moved. You'll cite his 40 time which we both known is over blown. But the fact is Jenkins has great size, good speed, great instincts and will make plays on the ball. He is the Nate Clements mold but with more self control and discipline.

venis2k1
03-18-2009, 06:06 PM
Malcolm Jenkins

mysticsoto
03-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Who do I think the Bills would take in this situation? DE Maybin

Who would I take? It's a reach, but...DT Peria Jerry

jpdex12
03-18-2009, 10:31 PM

1. Det- Matt Stafford
2. STL- Jason Smith
3. KC- Aaron Curry
4. SEA- Eugene Monroe
5. CLE- Brian Orakpo
6. CIN- BJ Raji
7. OAK- Michael Crabtree
8. JAX- Mark Sanchez
9. GB- Everette Brown
10. SF- Aaron Maybin
11. Buf- ?

Clay Matthews

capitolneal
03-18-2009, 10:36 PM
andre smith

chubluv
03-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Clay matthews or Brian Cushing

clumping platelets
03-19-2009, 12:43 AM
If those were the first 10 picks, my first inclination would be to trade down a few spots. If no trade down was available then who is of value at position of need at #11:

IMO they are: LB Clay Matthews, WR Jeremy Macklin, OL Andre Smith, DB Malcolm Jenkins, DE Tyson Jackson, OT Michael Oher, DE Robert Myers

a case could be made for each player, however, who among them can come in and give you the best chance of contributing right away? I would say that narrows it down to: Matthews, Oher, Jenkins, and Smith

I eliminate Smith because of his recent :bs: and I eliminate Jenkins because LB and OL are of greater need

LB is greater need than OL, so I go with Matthews at SLB and then try to move up into late 1st rd if Ayers falls.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-19-2009, 03:15 AM
It would depend on whether they seriously feel that they can get Peters to sign a contract extension or not.

If they don't think that they can get Peters extended, Michael Oher would be my pick.

If they are pretty much sure that they can get Peters extended (which means being willing to pay him close to what he wants), then, I would go with Rey Maualuga, just barely over Brian Cushing, at LB.

I know that Maualuga didn't run well before hurting himself at The Combine and had a terrible Senior Bowl week. I also know that a lot of folks think that Cushing is going to be the prototypical OLB in the NFL. And, that, if the Bills draft Maualuga, they would have to move Poz from MLB to OLB.

But, I saw Poz play OLB at Penn St. before he got hurt and moved to MLB and, now three years removed from his knee injury, he looks to have regained his speed. I think he can be even better at OLB than at MLB, an absolute monster once again.

And, I watched USC play a lot. I know that they rotated their OLBs, etc., but Maualuga just made a lot more plays in the games that I saw than Cushing did--he was a monster in the middle of that defense. The Bills need to add play-makers on their defense and IMHO, from what I saw, Maualuga is more of the kind of play-maker that the Bills need than Cushing was.

Maualuga flanked by Poz and Mitchell would give the Bills one heck of a LB corps. And, that could make the whole defense better. But, only if the Bills are going to be able to keep Peters to guard Edwards' blind-side.

If they can't or won't extend Peters, then they have to get someone who can replace him in short order and Oher would be the best available candidate to do that. Unlike Andre Smith (who could be dominant if he wants to play, but could also be another Mike Williams--and the Bills can't afford to waste another first round draft pick on a Mike Williams), Oher is a tough-minded kid who has gone through a lot in his life and overcome it and still has a lot of upside in his game. He's raw and may take a year to develop, but he has the talent to be a top LT and could be a steal at # 11 (I know trades aren't permitted in this scenario, but, if Oher is still on the board at # 11, the Bills will be getting calls from other teams looking to move up to take him!).

Dr. Who
03-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Lifetime, are you related to Pyrite Gal on another board? Similar diction.

You're right on target. As of today, I lean towards LB, so Maualuga is my pick.

HAMMER
03-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Jenkins might be our pick, people around here will be jumping off the Peace Bridge.

tampabay25690
03-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Ray Maluauga

yordad
03-19-2009, 10:19 PM
If we are good with Peters, I would have to pick Michael Johnson (DE). But, the Bills will likely give Schobel the benifit of the doubt and pick a guy more suited to the left side, Ayers perhaps.

acehole
03-19-2009, 10:36 PM
in which case we draft judas

That was very funny.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Lifetime, are you related to Pyrite Gal on another board? Similar diction.

You're right on target. As of today, I lean towards LB, so Maualuga is my pick.

No, I am not related to Pyrite Gal. The only other board that I have registered for is the one on BB.com, but I have rarely posted there--maybe 2-3 times in response to questions posed by C.Brown in his blog.

Thanks for asking anyway and for the compliment.

Tinboy
03-20-2009, 09:11 AM
I would for Michael Oher or Brandon Pettigrew

Jan Reimers
03-20-2009, 09:17 AM
I see Andre Smith mentioned. I'd just skip the frustration and disappointment and bring back Mike Williams.

Patti120
03-20-2009, 09:22 AM
I see Andre Smith mentioned. I'd just skip the frustration and disappointment and bring back Mike Williams.

LOL! I have a real bad feeling about Smith as well.

Akhippo
03-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Oher
Pettigrew
D Robinson
Someone to help get our offense off the trash heap. We have the skills, just not the meat.

I would love to go DE first and foremost. I would rather have the Giants SB defense than the Pats SB offense. But unless there is one in the draft at 11 that doesnt have ???'s, solidify the O line.

ddaryl
03-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Michael Oher

(assuming we CANT trade down)

VERY MUCH AN OPTION.

this game is won and lost in the trenches, and it is never a abd move to get a quality guy on either line

I read in another post, might have been on another forum. The Bills are better then the Pats at WR, RB and DB's... Which means the Pats are better at OL, DL, QB

and why do the Pats own our asses.... QB for one, but Brady is a rare phenomenon, but OL and DL in the Pats favor is a strong testament to why they compete for playoffs positions and championships regulalry... and their OL is also a reason why Brady is so damn good.

So us taking an OT at #11 is a huge possibility and might be one of the best values for us....

Marvelous
03-21-2009, 02:06 AM
My only MUST is that we score a skilled position.
So, in no order--
--Malcolm Jenkins. We lost our B-E-S-T shutdown/cover CB in Greer.. I wan't more from the #1 & #2 CB spot then McKelvin & McGee.. Mainly i want McGee either in the slot or #2..So a rookie OSU stud CB can give us many options at a position that seems we are always struggling at... So YEAH i really see CB as a 1st round team need..

---Percy Harvin- T.O only has a 1 year deal and what if he bails? Same boat as pre-T.O... I don't think this should be our 1st round pick. But i base that 100% on the position, not the player. This kid blew me away at his pro-day. 22+ REPS! He is in awesome condition & has blazing speed. MAN! All i'm sayin is i would struggle to be MAD if we picked him. But still,,,we better not :lol:

--Any USC Linebacker. Well not Mathews. Atleast not with #11.. But either Cushing or the beast(Maualuga) will do for me.. Then AGAIN, just like Percy, I wouldn't be angry if we selected Mathews. I like him & i'm about 90% sure he will be gone by our 2nd..So yeah, any USC Backer will do by me..

-Laurinaitis. I like him. ALways have. The negative breakdowns i see from Mike Mayock & Charles are not enough to sway me against. I'd rather Cushing or Rey, but would not be upset if we got him @#11. I agree it's a reach though..Maybe trade up like we did for Poz? I like that. For either Laurinaitis or Clay Mathews.. woot!

--Those are just some idea's my pick & answer to the question/thread is Jenkins!