PDA

View Full Version : Crowell signs with the Bucs...

PH83
03-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Link coming...

PH83
03-18-2009, 04:16 PM
http://pewterreport.com/articles/view/5329

T-Long
03-18-2009, 04:19 PM
onto June or Keiaho!

shelby
Not surprising...

BILLSROCK1212
DAMN....gunna miss u crow, have fun losing in Tampa ;)

gobillsgo15
NO. GOOD JOB BUFFALO. They Better sign June ASAP.

Mitchell55
03-18-2009, 04:25 PM
I still dont get this. The best fit for our system, a player basically begging to resign with us, and we dont give him a contract?

TheMan08
03-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Mitchell should be our GM

Joe Fo Sho
03-18-2009, 04:27 PM
I still dont get this. The best fit for our system, a player basically begging to resign with us, and we dont give him a contract?

How do you figure he was "basically begging" to resign with us?

Mitchell55
03-18-2009, 04:29 PM
How do you figure he was "basically begging" to resign with us?

He kept saying that he wants to come back and even after the teams he went to he still came back to us even after we said we didnt want him.

Joe Fo Sho
03-18-2009, 04:34 PM
He kept saying that he wants to come back and even after the teams he went to he still came back to us even after we said we didnt want him.

You'd think that if he was begging, we would've resigned him. Couldn't you say that we were "basically begging" him to resign with us?? I mean, we did say that we wanted him back, and then we brought him in to talk about it...

Mitchell55
03-18-2009, 04:37 PM
You'd think that if he was begging, we would've resigned him. Couldn't you say that we were "basically begging" him to resign with us?? I mean, we did say that we wanted him back, and then we brought him in to talk about it...

Buffalo stated that there was no way he would sign back with us. Even after all that Crow kept trying to schedule interviews to get a contract but buffalo obviously was giving him a very low offer. We just didnt want him here and he wanted to be here.

T-Long
03-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Everyone in the media was saying the bridge had been burned and there was zero chance of him returning...so this isn't shocking

Joe Fo Sho
03-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Buffalo stated that there was no way he would sign back with us. Even after all that Crow kept trying to schedule interviews to get a contract but buffalo obviously was giving him a very low offer. We just didnt want him here and he wanted to be here.

Who is "Buffalo"?

What did we offer??? I mean, if it's obvious...

Mitchell55
03-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Who is "Buffalo"?

What did we offer??? I mean, if it's obvious...

Dude, just stop.

X-Era
03-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Well, at least theres no market for any of the more recent players we brought in for a visit. :rolleyes:

Joe Fo Sho
03-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Dude, just stop.

Sorry I ever questioned you, man... :rolleyes:

The Spaz
03-18-2009, 04:52 PM
This is just a hunch but I bet Crowell wanted more than a 1 year deal from us but we wouldn't do it.

Syderick
03-18-2009, 05:49 PM
onto June or Keiaho!

Hopefully they sign either one of them up soon

Al the Bills Fan
03-18-2009, 05:53 PM
I may get slammed for this but I don't view this as a huge loss for us. I was never really sold on Crowell. That being said, he is better then what we got at the moment. Hopefully we sign June soon.

X-Era
03-18-2009, 06:00 PM
I may get slammed for this but I don't view this as a huge loss for us. I was never really sold on Crowell. That being said, he is better then what we got at the moment. Hopefully we sign June soon.

I dont see Crowell as a huge loss, I see the gaping holes he left behind as a loss.

If we adequately fill it, Im happy. We better get on that.

DynaPaul
03-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Ah well. I liked him and wish him well with the Bucs. I think he was really screwed at the beginning of last season when he went on IR. Hopefully we can get a capable replacement.

Al the Bills Fan
03-18-2009, 06:14 PM
I dont see Crowell as a huge loss, I see the gaping holes he left behind as a loss.

Completely agree! I don't dislike Crow, far from it. I wish him all the best but don't see him going elsewhere as a huge loss.

Like you said, if we can bring someone in that can play a bit then I am happy as well.

EDS
03-18-2009, 06:51 PM

If Crowell was signed and healthy he would be the teams best linebacker. I don't see how anyone can argue that Poz (at this point) or Mitchell are better.

Patti120
03-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Well as DJ would say... "I really like our guys"

justasportsfan
03-19-2009, 09:17 AM
THe Digi for olb.

Dr. Lecter
03-19-2009, 09:19 AM
DiGi for ILB. Poz for OLB.

Pinkerton Security
03-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Dude, just stop.

well he has a point, buckaroo. I didnt exactly hear that Crowell was clamoring to sign with us. Ya, he came here, but please show an article or something where Crowell stated he just wanted to be in Buffalo more than he wanted to be anywhere else...

trapezeus
03-19-2009, 01:45 PM
Bucs just announced that they can't wait to hear about Crowell's surgery needs 1 week before the season starts.

Jan Reimers
03-19-2009, 02:53 PM
In the words of the greatest band ever, "Another one bites the dust." Unless we have the most successful draft ever, our season is going to bite the dust, too. TO by himself is not nearly enough.

Pinkerton Security
03-19-2009, 03:00 PM
In the words of the greatest band ever, "Another one bites the dust." Unless we have the most successful draft ever, our season is going to bite the dust, too. TO by himself is not nearly enough.

greatest band ever??? reeeeally.

justasportsfan
03-19-2009, 03:03 PM

Is it weird that fight songs in sports like "we are the champions" and "we will rock you" are by one of the fruitiest bands ever?

Jan Reimers
03-19-2009, 03:07 PM
greatest band ever??? reeeeally.
Really. I'm old, and I have strange tastes, but was there ever a band that could do more different stuff than Queen, or a better rock song than "Bohemian Rhapsody?"

And if we ever win a Super Bowl, I'm going to drink myself silly and sing "We Are The Champions" for days.

ddaryl
03-19-2009, 03:07 PM

they may be one of the great bands, but greatest eva... ummm NO

of course this is subjected to personal preference and taste.

although I do dig a little queen... and I mean that in the non fruity way

Jan Reimers
03-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Is it weird that fight songs in sports like "we are the champions" and "we will rock you" are by one of the fruitiest bands ever?
Fruity or not, I loved Queen, but not Freddy Mercury in that way. And how about "Fat Bottom Girls?" They did some legendary stuff.

Pinkerton Security
03-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Really. I'm old, and I have strange tastes, but was there ever a band that could do more different stuff than Queen, or a better rock song than "Bohemian Rhapsody?"

And if we ever win Super Bowl, I'm going to drink myself silly and sing "We Are The Champions" for days.

well im 24 and I say Zep is the best ever, so its not the age. I love em, just dont consider them to be the best ever.

ooh..and to stay on topic...uh Crowell with the bucs is a good fit or something.

Jan Reimers
03-19-2009, 03:17 PM
they may be one of the great bands, but greatest eva... ummm NO

of course this is subjected to personal preference and taste.

although I do dig a little queen... and I mean that in the non fruity way
You can have the Stones, the Beatles, The Who, The Dead, or any contemporary band, but I'll take Queen. Just taste, though.

ddaryl
03-19-2009, 03:28 PM
You can have the Stones, the Beatles, The Who, The Dead, or any contemporary band, but I'll take Queen. Just taste, though.

in all honesty I have no favorite band.. I have favorite moods... All the bands you listed can be my favorite at a given moment depending upon my mood at the time.

In fact with so much great music out there, I don't know how anyone can have a single favorite band.

Heck I listen to newer bands like moe, Gov't Mule, Karl Densons Tiny universe, Greyboy Allstars, and many more and all of them at a given moment have been a favorite band and still are.

no reason to limit oneself to a single favorite... have dozens IMO

back on topic

bummer about Crowell eh ?

TacklingDummy
03-19-2009, 03:35 PM
And if we ever win a Super Bowl, I'm going to drink myself silly and sing "We Are The Champions" for days.

Can someone put Jan head on this picture for me?

http://www.queenzone.com/multimedia/pictures/images/Freddie_Mercury/1111440107938.jpg

Thanks.

TacklingDummy
03-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Fruity or not, I loved Queen, but not Freddy Mercury in that way. And how about "Fat Bottom Girls?" They did some legendary stuff.

Radio Ga Ga at Live Aid was awesome.

Dr. Lecter
03-19-2009, 03:41 PM

Fat Bottomed Girls was my theme song in college.

Dr. Lecter
03-19-2009, 03:42 PM

Throw in "dance naked through the streets of WNY" and you have my plan described perfectly.

ddaryl
03-19-2009, 03:47 PM

ahh a chubby chaser eh, or a heavy drinker

bummer about crowell eh?

Dr. Lecter
03-19-2009, 03:48 PM
ahh a chubby chaser eh, or a heavy drinker

bummer about crowell eh?

C. Both of the above. :ill:

Jan Reimers
03-19-2009, 03:48 PM
I married one. (Good thing my wife isn't here.)

ddaryl
03-19-2009, 03:50 PM
C. Both of the above. :ill:

LOL!

no shame... winter nights in Buffalo are cold