PDA

View Full Version : Lynch pledges fresh start

shelby
03-18-2009, 02:57 PM
Just got an email alert from WGR:

Dear Shelby, Bills RB Marshawn Lynch will talk to the Buffalo media this afternoon at 4 at One Bills Drive. Mike Schopp will play back his comments on WGR - Sports Radio 550 as soon as he finishes his press conference. In addition, we'll post the transcript at WGR550.com (http://www.dat-e-baseonline.com/front/a.asp?arg=8F7D995F927C7568666B757D628B73798C6A70727D7C72)

PH83
03-18-2009, 03:33 PM
Just blame it on "youth," that seems to be what all the athletes are doing these days anyway.

patmoran2006
03-18-2009, 03:43 PM
He expects to get suspended, and an announcement should come in 10 days.

shelby
03-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Bills running back Marshawn Lynch (http://www.examiner.com/Subject-Marshawn_Lynch.html) says he expects to be suspended by the NFL (http://www.examiner.com/Subject-National_Football_League.html) for his latest run-in with the law and he's gotten the message that the league "won't tolerate any more screw-ups" from him.Lynch held a 9-minute news conference with reporters on Wednesday, a day after he met with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell (http://www.examiner.com/Subject-Roger_Goodell.html) in New York (http://www.examiner.com/Subject-New_York.html). The meeting was part of the league's investigation into whether to discipline the Bills starting running back after he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor gun charge in Los Angeles (http://www.examiner.com/Subject-Los_Angeles.html) earlier this month.

http://www.examiner.com/a-1912190~Bills_RB_Lynch_expects_to_be_suspended_by_NFL.html

The Spaz
03-18-2009, 04:49 PM
In his most genuine comments since his most recent run-in with the law in California, Bills running back Marshawn Lynch assured that he will no longer be making poor decisions that put him in compromising positions.

"I can only show you," said Lynch who said his future conduct will speak for him. "There won't be anything that I can say in words that will make you a believer. You'll just have to see for yourself. I feel with the incidents that I've had, I'm young, but I've grown from them. I've learned that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. And I see what those situations have put me, the organization and my family in."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/lynch-pledges-fresh-start/0208d9bb-fcd9-45c2-ac67-9bcc3ab8af53

Joe Fo Sho
03-18-2009, 04:54 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/marshawn-lynch-meets-the-media/5c047168-8a4d-4805-921e-14e000beaf1f

Watch the whole thing if you're interested

TacklingDummy
03-18-2009, 05:47 PM
I'm tired of the "young" excuse. I was 20 something once, I didn't hang out with douche bags or put myself in bad situation.

Being young is not an excuse to be a friggin moron.

I lose more respect for Lynch for using such a lame excuse. He's only sorry he got caught.

DynaPaul
03-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Marshawn... you gotta cut yourself off from "Da Hood". No more hanging around with the losers from the old neighborhood. All they wanna do is sponge off your money and can only lead you into trouble.

Romes
03-18-2009, 07:28 PM
he actually seems sincere...

OpIv37
03-18-2009, 07:40 PM
he actually seems sincere...

just like he did last year when he ran that chick over?

HHURRICANE
03-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Whatever. Your an idiot until you prove otherwise.

BAM
03-18-2009, 07:50 PM
He's either very sincere or he's a good actor. He's handled this situation much better than that fiasco last year I'll give him that.

Romes
03-18-2009, 08:53 PM
just like he did last year when he ran that chick over?

last year he avoided the media and read a written statement.

Commissioner
03-18-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm tired of the "young" excuse. I was 20 something once, I didn't hang out with douche bags or put myself in bad situation.

I lose more respect for Lynch for using such a lame excuse. He's only sorry he got caught.

Haha.... i think they referred to people like you at the end of the article.

topher180
03-18-2009, 09:16 PM

I agree. We as people have to be responsible for our actions, and not every 20 something hits people with their vehicle or carries firearms. I realize that not every 24 year old is a multi-millionaire, but frankly that just means they have more responsibility. If you have the means, there's no reason you can't do your shady s*** behind closed doors if you must.

I do appreciate that he has enough sense to not make some long winded apology that no one will believe anyway. He will be judged by his actions and I hope he truly recognizes that.

This country loves redemption. People who are law abiding, productive citizens don't get recognized. Often the most press coverage and public empathy goes to those who have rose up, fallen, and rise again.

Bottom line, if this was John Wendling no one on this board would give a s*** if they threw the ol' book at him. He's a star, therefore it's relevant.

Stoneludlow
03-19-2009, 05:22 AM
Well I think he expects to be suspended as this quote (found in the Buffalo News) shows:

"I got a lot of insight out of it from commissioner Goodell," Lynch said. "Something that he stressed throughout that meeting was that he will not tolerate any more screw-ups by me. So I kinda think that's sinking in to me."

I hope he does and learns something from the suspension. Also hope to see a fine along the line equal to his per game(s) suspended.

Hit him in the wallet, I say come out of his own moneys and Bills keep the unpaid amount of game(s) suspended. That will double ding him and maybe then he will wake up and learn some thing!!!

Stoneludlow
03-19-2009, 05:31 AM
Another point (heard this on Shopp & the Bulldog onWGR) the Bills didn't make the announcement for the press conference until the last minute and then switched to the field, also at the last minute.

Makes me wonder are the Bills trying to distance themselves from the situation? There were only 10 media outlets represented during this press conference.

casdhf
03-19-2009, 06:00 AM
Whatever. Your an idiot until you prove otherwise."You're an idiot"

Jan Reimers
03-19-2009, 07:08 AM
Some people can, and do, change. All we can do with Lynch is wait and see.

DraftBoy
03-19-2009, 07:12 AM
One more screw up and Ill be ready to cut him loose.

yordad
03-19-2009, 07:13 AM
GEZ, he cruised around with his buddies while they smoked a blunt. YEah, he is evil!

MPN
03-19-2009, 07:16 AM
I liked the message that he was trying to put out there, and he put it well(as scripted as it was), but the young excuse is old and virtually useless. Like he says, I wont believe he's changed until he proves that he isn't going to put himself in bad situations anymore.

yordad
03-19-2009, 07:26 AM
Huh?

topher180
03-19-2009, 07:29 AM
Some people can, and do, change. All we can do with Lynch is wait and see.

Yes, they can. I know for instance people with substance abuse problems can change with help. But with him it seems like 2 pretty boneheaded moves, more a lack of good judgment than anything else.

I hope you are right and he does change.

lynchmobber
its looming...it will be coming in the next few days

Aero II
Not yet. We'll know in a week or 2.

BAM
03-19-2009, 07:30 AM
When he met the media yesterday he said he'd know in about 10 days.

DraftBoy
03-19-2009, 07:33 AM
GEZ, he cruised around with his buddies while they smoked a blunt. YEah, he is evil!

That's not even the charge...

mercyrule
03-19-2009, 07:54 AM
He's still "growing"

mercyrule
03-19-2009, 07:57 AM
GEZ, he cruised around with his buddies while they smoked a blunt. YEah, he is evil!Even the loaded gun thing is not that big a deal, is it? Don't good ol' boys do that all the time?

trapezeus
03-19-2009, 08:36 AM
the way i see it, he's either going to change (and we'll never hear another incident like this again) or he'll fail and that'll be a season suspension and t he bills will look for a RB in draft/trade/free agency. They won't bring him back.

I wonder if anyone told Marshawn that good RB's are easily found and it really takes a regular level of excellence to maintain your job. Even LT was talked about being replaced and he's been the most consistent back over the last 8-10 years.

TacklingDummy
03-19-2009, 08:57 AM
I wonder if anyone told Marshawn that good RB's are easily found and it really takes a regular level of excellence to maintain your job. Even LT was talked about being replaced and he's been the most consistent back over the last 8-10 years.

Not to mention Fred Jackson is more than capable of being the starter.

Some would argue that Lynch is not even the best overall running back on the Bills roster.