• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

If we dont sign an OLB

I will be more convinced than ever that we will draft a guy like Brown or Maybin.

We can start them day one at the strong side and use them as pass rushers in rushing downs.

I could also see us add someone like Gilbert in the 3rd.

In the 2nd Id take Jared Cook or Shawn Nelson.

• T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: If we dont sign an OLB

agreed...there is no way they go another year with Ellison. The only viable option would be to move John Digorgio out to strong, or move Posz, but that isn't ideal. It has to be our option at pick #11 if we don't sign someone.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

We better sign someone. No way can we expect all rookies to come in and start. We have way to many positions to fill.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

If we don't sign an OLB then why would take Brown or Maybin who don't fit the system. We dont need pass rush OLB's we need guys who can drop back in coverage, read plays, shed blocks, and make sound tackles. Neither Maybin nor Brown has much experience with that.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          If we don't sign an OLB then why would take Brown or Maybin who don't fit the system. We dont need pass rush OLB's we need guys who can drop back in coverage, read plays, shed blocks, and make sound tackles. Neither Maybin nor Brown has much experience with that.
          Because I dont see it like you do.

Comment

• billsburgh
            • Jul 2003

who is left in free agency to sign?

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
              Because I dont see it like you do.
              And again Im just asking what makes you think they can actually fit into this system. They dont do any of the things we ask our LB's to do, and they never have.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                And again Im just asking what makes you think they can actually fit into this system. They dont do any of the things we ask our LB's to do, and they never have.
                Never have doesnt mean never will.

Im not playing your game.

You can use lots of history, stats, etc... to try to claim a player can never do, X, Y, or Z... But at 6'-6" 2" and around 250 and able to run a 4.6-4.7, you have the ability to play OLB. It can be taught and you know it. Furthermore, the Bills may very well be willing to do just that.

Comment

• DrGraves
                  • Mar 2008

Trade for Waters, Draft Orakpo, Trade for Scheffler, Sign June, Pay Peters.

Boom Roasted. Superbowl. Championship. It would be that easy to get the Lombardi Trophy to Buffalo.

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                    Never have doesnt mean never will.

Im not playing your game.

You can use lots of history, stats, etc... to try to claim a player can never do, X, Y, or Z... But at 6'-6" 2" and around 250 and able to run a 4.6-4.7, you have the ability to play OLB. It can be taught and you know it. Furthermore, the Bills may very well be willing to do just that.
                    These guys could certaintly be tought to play linebacker but to expect them, with no experience playing the position, to come right in and start is another matter all together.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by EDS
                      These guys could certaintly be tought to play linebacker but to expect them, with no experience playing the position, to come right in and start is another matter all together.
                      I dont disagree with that.

Maybin is 6' 4", hes now 252 and runs a 4.6... he even played in a 4-3 at Penn State, albeit as a DE. But hes at least familiar with the scheme.

Ya, I understand the issue. But at this point, we may be looking at another year of Ellison... does anyone really want that? I certainly dont.

Comment

Working...
                      X