PDA

View Full Version : Just an idea

Mitchell55
03-18-2009, 10:37 PM
May not be a great idea but would anyone be opposed to having Digi, Thomas, Bowen, and maybe a 5th-6th round LB fight out for the OLB position? I mean no one knows anything about Thomas so maybe with the right opportunity he will pan out good, I still like Bowen alot, Digi had over 100 tackles in 13 games starting and then maybe some added depth/competition in the 5th-6th?

BILLSROCK1212
03-18-2009, 10:44 PM
damn Mitchell59 u just keep on coming up with ideas....y hasnt the FO hired u yet??

Mitchell55
03-18-2009, 10:45 PM
damn Mitchell59 u just keep on coming up with ideas....y hasnt the FO hired u yet??

All joking aside, it is just an idea. Im not sure if it will work but its worth a shot. We have 3 LBs who have alot of potential and it will open up the draft after having G, DE, and TE as the only major needs.

BILLSROCK1212
03-18-2009, 10:46 PM
All joking aside, it is just an idea. Im not sure if it will work but its worth a shot. We have 3 LBs who have alot of potential and it will open up the draft after having G, DE, and TE as the only major needs.
ahahaha....i actually think that's a realistic Bills move, not necessarily the best one but a move they could make

OpIv37
03-19-2009, 12:12 AM
I don't have a problem with letting the guys compete for the job. In fact, why WOULDN'T you let them compete for the job and start the best player? Throw Ellison in the mix too and let the best man win.

Mitchell55
03-19-2009, 12:14 AM
I don't have a problem with letting the guys compete for the job. In fact, why WOULDN'T you let them compete for the job and start the best player? Throw Ellison in the mix too and let the best man win.

WOW, people actually like the idea.

Romes
03-19-2009, 12:19 AM
I like to keep Digi as depth for all 3 LB spots. In this scenario if one of the starters goes down we'd most likely be in serious trouble.

Lets draft a LB 1st day and then let all those you mentioned, and Ellison, battle for the spot.

OpIv37
03-19-2009, 12:19 AM
I'm curious to see what Bowen has, but I'd still rather get an experienced replacement. If we're going to try to draft someone, I'd rather just let the guys we have fight it out. At least they have some experience (Digi and Thomas).

Lexwhat
03-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Even Perry Fewell himself said that Keith Ellison is a back-up and has limited skills.

I think the only unknown is Bowen. It would be nice to see what he has...

Thurmal
03-19-2009, 07:10 AM
If these are the guys we have to choose from, I say we get Cornelius Bennett in the weight room pronto and just start him next year.

topher180
03-19-2009, 07:38 AM
Like Digi alot but is he quick enough to play outside? I'm asking, I really don't know.

Mitchell I don't think your idea is that far off base. I don't like it personally, but it certainly wouldn't suprise me.

Here's a thought too. Anyone else think that the Bills lack of urgency for filling this void is that they overrate Poz? In other words, they think "hey we have a great MLB so he makes the other LBs better". Just a thought.

casdhf
03-19-2009, 08:03 AM
There is no hurry to sign an OLB right now ... there are still plenty of guys available. If we do make a move, I think it will be after the draft.

OpIv37
03-19-2009, 08:33 AM
Like Digi alot but is he quick enough to play outside? I'm asking, I really don't know.

Mitchell I don't think your idea is that far off base. I don't like it personally, but it certainly wouldn't suprise me.

Here's a thought too. Anyone else think that the Bills lack of urgency for filling this void is that they overrate Poz? In other words, they think "hey we have a great MLB so he makes the other LBs better". Just a thought.

Poz slipped on draft day ant at this point it's pretty easy to see why. Digi probably isn't quick enough for the outside, but I don't understand why they don't put Digi in the middle and move Poz to the outside. I'm not a huge fan of Digi, but he's a lot ****ing better than Ellison and I think that would be a big upgrade.

I'm not the first one to suggest this and I'm sure I won't be the last. In college, Poz played mostly outside- they only moved him inside due to injury, and he was better on the outside. I just wonder what we're missing- I'd really like Fewell or Jauron to explain why they didn't do that before Digi got injured last year.

Mahdi
03-19-2009, 08:41 AM
May not be a great idea but would anyone be opposed to having Digi, Thomas, Bowen, and maybe a 5th-6th round LB fight out for the OLB position? I mean no one knows anything about Thomas so maybe with the right opportunity he will pan out good, I still like Bowen alot, Digi had over 100 tackles in 13 games starting and then maybe some added depth/competition in the 5th-6th?
I honestly dont care too much about the OLB position. The Giants started Danny Clark and Chase Blackburn and ended up with the best record in the NFC.

If we can beef up our DL and get a pass rush we can make Pat Thomas look like Derrick Thomas and Digiorgio look like Del-Rio.

The Colts finished 12-4 with Clint Session and Freddie Keiaho. The theme here is if you have playmakers at DE whoever is playing OLB wont have to cover for very long.

HHURRICANE
03-19-2009, 08:44 AM
There is no hurry to sign an OLB right now ... there are still plenty of guys available. If we do make a move, I think it will be after the draft.

I see this post every year and after the draft we always bring in the scrubs.

Let's use a healthy Crowell as a bench mark. I doubt a rookie comes in and plays better. Poz didn't. So that leaves June. Do we need to wait until some team realizes that they need his services more than us?

The team actually gets worse at the LB spot if we wait. IMO.

HHURRICANE
03-19-2009, 08:46 AM
I honestly dont care too much about the OLB position. The Giants started Danny Clark and Chase Blackburn and ended up with the best record in the NFC.

If we can beef up our DL and get a pass rush we can make Pat Thomas look like Derrick Thomas and Digiorgio look like Del-Rio.

The Colts finished 12-4 with Clint Session and Freddie Keiaho. The theme here is if you have playmakers at DE whoever is playing OLB wont have to cover for very long.

The Bills aren't addressing DE or LB so that leaves one impact player in the first round to address 4 massive holes including LG and TE.

OpIv37
03-19-2009, 08:55 AM

That's the key right there. So far, the Bills have done nothing about DE except look at a couple of Kelsay clones. Having Schobel back will help a little, but it's still like putting a band-aid on cancer, to use an old cliche.

DE is more important than LB and a better DL could improve our LB's without actually changing anything, but I just don't see how the Bills are going to come up with an impact DE at this point.

bigbub2352
03-19-2009, 09:15 AM
What i think everyone is missing is that we need to stop with stop gap players and draft and sign playmakers
Our whole defense last year was stop gap we need someone in there to make plays in the backfeild, russ the passer, creat havoc in the backfeild, INT the ball make a big hit something other than what we did last yr

OLB and DE are playmakers positions that is what we lack and need the most for D to turn the corner we got the stop gaps in Williams, Johnson, Denney kelsay, Ellison,Whitner, Scott, Poz we need playmakers someone to put fear in opponents offensive gameplan

Jeff1220
03-19-2009, 09:34 AM
It's definitly not my first choice, but Mitchell-Digi-Poz > Mitchell-Poz-Ellison!
I'd like to know how good Bowen can be too, but I'd like to know without being forced to rely on him.

OpIv37
03-19-2009, 09:44 AM
It's definitly not my first choice, but Mitchell-Digi-Poz > Mitchell-Poz-Ellison!
I'd like to know how good Bowen can be too, but I'd like to know without being forced to rely on him.

We don't have to rely on Bowen- we have Pat Thomas!

Jeff1220
03-19-2009, 09:47 AM
We don't have to rely on Bowen- we have Pat Thomas!
:ill:

Griz78
03-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Does anybidy think Bowen could play SS? Kerry Rhodes is solid and he is like 220 lbs. According to the Bills Website, Bowen is 6-1 222 lbs.

Perhaps this is why Thomas was signed?

Nighthawk
03-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Digi and Ellison aren't good enough to start in this league and shouldn't even be in the NFL. They both are terrible and I'll be pissed if either one of them is starting. Pat Thomas is another mediocre player that probably shouldn't even be on the roster either.

madness
03-19-2009, 11:51 AM

Unless we find a proven vet or have LB really worth taking early on in the draft, this is scenario is exactly how I feel it will go down.

Bowen had a really good camp last year and turned a lot of heads. There is a very good chance (if he is fully recovered) that he could lock down the spot.

Mitchell55
03-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Digi and Ellison aren't good enough to start in this league and shouldn't even be in the NFL. They both are terrible and I'll be pissed if either one of them is starting. Pat Thomas is another mediocre player that probably shouldn't even be on the roster either.

Digi had 113 tackles, 1 INT, and 2 sacks a year ago, before we had Stroud or Mitchell. Not only that but 86 of those 113 were solo.

Marvelous
03-21-2009, 02:11 AM
Mitch, i like "Digi" alot too. BUT, he's not good enough to be our starting OLB. He is awesome depth to have & is just a good player to have on our team. And we fans love him even more because he was our project. Our UDFA. PS squad all the way.. But bro, his tackles don't mean ***!!! Any/most young kid you plug in for 13 games at MLB is gonna rack up tackles. I like him, but NO-WAY am I, nor the Bills content to go into the season with him starting or content with the possibility of it...Tackles are not tackles for a loss,,INT's & sacks and pretty much anything that shows he just isn't a "see ballcarrier,hit,repeat"