PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

X-Era
03-19-2009, 06:32 AM
I know most of us would like to see a DE at 11. But it seems none are the prototypical type 4-3 DE or OLB for that matter.

But, Kiper went out on a limb and said Pettigrew was a possibility at 11.

Now Mayock is saying hes the 7th best player.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80d41b6d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Watch this highlight vid:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f55778

What would you think of us taking him at 11?

mayotm
03-19-2009, 07:01 AM
I would be surprised. With the Owens signing, the need for a TE went down some. Do the Bills need a TE? Absolutely. However, I just don't think it's an option at 11 with some of the other holes to fill. My guess is LB at 11 unless they make a move before the draft.

Jan Reimers
03-19-2009, 07:05 AM
Fine has a chance to be a decent TE. I see no one on the roster that has a chance to be the pass rushing OLB or DE that we so desperately need.

DraftBoy
03-19-2009, 07:16 AM
I think it would be a horribly bad pick along the lines of the McCargo reach. I think Pettigrew is a good player but his stock isn't rising by any reports Ive read except for with Mayock who is also the only guy really pumping Ayers stock right now too.

He didnt have a great combine and he didnt participate in his pro day due to a hammy injury. He is rehabbing like crazy to get back and run and says he ran a 4.61 last spring. If he runs before his stock could rise if not, he may not even get picked in Round 1.

MPN
03-19-2009, 07:20 AM
It seems like a wasted pick to me since we got TO. I definately prioritize D end above anything else for our first round pick. If we are gonna do a reach pick, it should be for a defensive end, though a decent OLB wouldn't hurt either.

topher180
03-19-2009, 07:34 AM
Although the reaches in the recent past have been fustrating, I wouldn't be irate at that pick. The Bills haven't had a legit TE in I dunno how long. While TEs are usually scarce in the first round, if they went after the best TE available it would signal to me they were serious about getting a play maker at that position. Granted we have lots of other needs, but I don't buy into this notion that the signing of T.O. makes TE less of a need. A TE who can catch the ball is a great safety outlet for a QB and we all know how Trent likes to dink and dunk anyhow.

yordad
03-19-2009, 08:07 AM
I think any Tight end in the first right now would be a dumb move. I believe the Bills want Cushing (LB), although I don't like that move either.

X-Era
03-19-2009, 08:14 AM
I think any Tight end in the first right now would be a dumb move. I believe the Bills want Cushing (LB), although I don't like that move either.

DB and I have been against Cushing for a while... I just dont see him as having much upside, I think hes peaked.

There were reports that scouts were concerned with his huge amounts of supplements he takes. They are worried that hes maxed out athletically.

superbills
03-19-2009, 08:24 AM
... scouts were concerned with his huge amounts of supplements he takes. They are worried that hes maxed out athletically.

David Boston anybody? A freak of athletic nature...who looked like he could pop like a balloon if he did one more bench press.

Mski
03-19-2009, 08:28 AM
i think we take crabtree