X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Interesting info on the 40 yd Dash...

Obviously the measurement we look at most as fans is the 40. But one that we overlook and rarely have access to is the 10 yard split.

Check out the splits for some of the players a lot of us want selected in the 1st.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Robert Ayers had a 1.66 split....

University of Tennessee defensive end Robert Ayers is visiting the Buffalo Bills today, according to Chris Steuber of Scout.com.
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Interesting info on the 40 yd Dash...

interesting.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Aaron Maybin to me is becoming very intriguing. 6'4 252, 1.55 split, and 4.59 40 at Pro Day, 38 inch vert, 10'4 broad, 4.38 20 yd shuttle.

12 sacks in 08, 20 TFL!

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Mahdi
        Aaron Maybin to me is becoming very intriguing. 6'4 252, 1.55 split, and 4.59 40 at Pro Day, 38 inch vert, 10'4 broad, 4.38 20 yd shuttle.

12 sacks in 08, 20 TFL!
        ya the more I think about it, the more I kinda like it. Hes not much smaller than Orakpo, in fact hes taller and is nearing the same weight. Im sure he could add another 10 pounds, where to me 260 isnt that small for a speed end.

We all know we need a pass rusher, and here is one who has tons of talent. We all better realize we're not gonna get the orakpos and curry's, so we may as well ask ourselves: who is the BEST pass-rusher after those guys?? I'd say Maybin is, so lets do it.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
          ya the more I think about it, the more I kinda like it. Hes not much smaller than Orakpo, in fact hes taller and is nearing the same weight. Im sure he could add another 10 pounds, where to me 260 isnt that small for a speed end.

We all know we need a pass rusher, and here is one who has tons of talent. We all better realize we're not gonna get the orakpos and curry's, so we may as well ask ourselves: who is the BEST pass-rusher after those guys?? I'd say Maybin is, so lets do it.
          I actually think that as a pure pass rusher, Maybin is ahead of Orakpo. Orakpo is a bit stronger though, but Maybin is not weak by any means. He did have 49 tackles so its not like he cant make plays in the run game.

My concerns about Maybin were if he could run with the weight he added and he has proven that he can.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32

The bolded part is my issue because thats not the case. We all know we much improve the pass rush on this team. However how many people have said that if Raji is on the board he'd be their pick and that he would improve the pass rush. I agree getting a guy who can get to the QB is vital for this team but we don't need a guy who only does that either, imo. We need a guy who can do that and also play the run. I know Im in the minority here but our pass rush can improve in other ways than just by adding a pass rusher. Personally I really like our new DL coach and I think he could be a big addition and help the rush out. If Fewell would get a little more aggressive with his blitzed that would help to because Mitchell is a great blitzing LB. Also I think adding a good S who can play CF would do wonders in not allowing QB's to beat our coverage all day long.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
              • Sep 2004

Thanks for the info, Man-hdi!
              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                The bolded part is my issue because thats not the case. We all know we much improve the pass rush on this team. However how many people have said that if Raji is on the board he'd be their pick and that he would improve the pass rush. I agree getting a guy who can get to the QB is vital for this team but we don't need a guy who only does that either, imo. We need a guy who can do that and also play the run. I know Im in the minority here but our pass rush can improve in other ways than just by adding a pass rusher. Personally I really like our new DL coach and I think he could be a big addition and help the rush out. If Fewell would get a little more aggressive with his blitzed that would help to because Mitchell is a great blitzing LB. Also I think adding a good S who can play CF would do wonders in not allowing QB's to beat our coverage all day long.
                You improve the pass rush by getting a pass rusher. I realize you want a certain breed of pass rusher but he has to be a pass rusher none the less.

Can you name me one team that has had success without a dominant pass rusher?

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Maybin and Brown both have that burst we need from a pass rusher

by the way Orakpo split was 1.58... and with Orakpo's college production and overall strength and athletisism he is by far my 1st choice for us, but he won't be there at #11...
                  Last edited by ddaryl; 03-19-2009, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

You improve the pass rush by getting a pass rusher. I realize you want a certain breed of pass rusher but he has to be a pass rusher none the less.

Can you name me one team that has had success without a dominant pass rusher?
                    Nope but I also can't name a team that didnt have at least one end who could stop the run either that was successful, you?
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl
                      Maybin and Brown both have that burst we need from a pass rusher

by the way Orakpo split was 1.58... and with Orakpo's college production and overall strength and athletisism he is by far my 1st choice for us, but he won't be there at #11...
                      Where did you get the Orakpo split?

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Nope but I also can't name a team that didnt have at least one end who could stop the run either that was successful, you?
                        Ive seen the Colts and Bucs win superbowls without Power DEs. Ive seen the Bears make it to the Superbowl with 2 speed DEs.

In our scheme run defense is about swarming to the ball more than it is about battling at the LOS which is why the cover 2 requires fast Linemen and LBs.

That being said I think Schobel has become a very reliable run defender. IF you pair him with a speed DE with Stroud and Williams in the middle we will be fine against the run. Plus we should be able to get off the field more and rest up.

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

Where did you get the Orakpo split?
                          it was a reply to a comment listed below the article.

Wes Bunting
                          March 11, 2009
                          1:05 pm

Spud: Yes there is a baseline for each position, however, it is being adjusted every year because of the faster times being produced at every position.
                          broo: No, Orakpo ran well, i just see him more of a DE then OLB so I kept him off the list. His ten-yard split was 1.58.
                          Jared: I think Matthews comes off the board anywhere from 20-28
                          Maineman: great call! Never even thought of that but that is a great po

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Ive seen the Colts and Bucs win superbowls without Power DEs. Ive seen the Bears make it to the Superbowl with 2 speed DEs.

In our scheme run defense is about swarming to the ball more than it is about battling at the LOS which is why the cover 2 requires fast Linemen and LBs.

That being said I think Schobel has become a very reliable run defender. IF you pair him with a speed DE with Stroud and Williams in the middle we will be fine against the run. Plus we should be able to get off the field more and rest up.

So the answer to my question then is no. Because I didnt say power DE or speed DE, I said an end who cannot stop the run.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

So the answer to my question then is no. Because I didnt say power DE or speed DE, I said an end who cannot stop the run.
                              Well then my question to you is... what makes you think Maybin, Brown, or Johnson can't stop the run?

I have seen you agree that Schobel is a solid run defender, why can't these guys do the same? They are certainly bigger than Schobel.

Comment

Working...
                              X