PDA

View Full Version : Trent and a Left Gaurd are the key

BillsWin
03-19-2009, 11:59 AM
And the Bills really need to realize this. It is a very strong draft for center and tackle, but not so much for gaurd if I'm not mistaken. (draft boy, help me out.) Maybe something to consider would be Unger in the second and moving Hangnarter to Gaurd. either way, we really need to get the trenches sewn up.

Once that is taken care of Trent really is the key to this offense. We are obviously going to get a TE to compliment the plethora of weapons we already have. The only thing keeping this offense from being great this season is Trent. Play calling is also a major concern, but I believe if Trent were to stay healthy and progress over his sophomore slump...

This offense will be, as the kids say, "sick-nasty"

Lee Evans- WILL beat you deep, has the ability to split through the defense and take advantage of single coverage all game long.

Terrell Owens- One of the best to ever play the position. A fall of fame veteran pressance to help the young WRs grow and learn. Not afraid to fight for the ball and will score in the redzone.

Marshawn Lynch- Right now its looking like a 4 game suspension tops, but he should still be able to play in preseason and training camps. Everyone knows about Beast Mode.

Fred Jackson- One of a kind, he is like a reciever trapped in a running back's position but can do it all.

There is more, but I have to get back to work. I just thought I'd share my excitment over this offense.

Can't wait to see where we go in the draft. Rant. Off.

bigbub2352
03-19-2009, 12:19 PM
I agree, but we need to find starters at OLB, DE, C/LG depending on were Hangartner ends up, SS and TE

I realize the Bills dont see it that way probably but in order for us to get out of a decade of crap these positions all need to be upgraded and at the skill positions that we need the help we need Leaders and Playmakers not stop gaps

LG should be Butler
RG should be a solid vet like Goff or Simmons
TE should be via trade ala Scheffler or a 2nd round pick
We need a playmaker at DE or OLB at 11, we can sign June and draft Best pass rusher available at 11
If you want to take the focus off the DEs and Raji is there at 11 you take him and let him be our Vince Wolfork
SS- Whitner is a bust at SS and may be better suited for FS
Scott is solid against the run but not much of a turnover machine like we need at the position in the Cover 2 crap scheme
I also personally think we should take a player like Luigis in the 4th round who can play both G and C and let him develop to be the replacement of Goff or Simmons

Anyway this is the way i think we need to go

Mahdi
03-19-2009, 12:23 PM
And the Bills really need to realize this. It is a very strong draft for center and tackle, but not so much for gaurd if I'm not mistaken. (draft boy, help me out.) Maybe something to consider would be Unger in the second and moving Hangnarter to Gaurd. either way, we really need to get the trenches sewn up.

Once that is taken care of Trent really is the key to this offense. We are obviously going to get a TE to compliment the plethora of weapons we already have. The only thing keeping this offense from being great this season is Trent. Play calling is also a major concern, but I believe if Trent were to stay healthy and progress over his sophomore slump...

This offense will be, as the kids say, "sick-nasty"

Lee Evans- WILL beat you deep, has the ability to split through the defense and take advantage of single coverage all game long.

Terrell Owens- One of the best to ever play the position. A fall of fame veteran pressance to help the young WRs grow and learn. Not afraid to fight for the ball and will score in the redzone.

Marshawn Lynch- Right now its looking like a 4 game suspension tops, but he should still be able to play in preseason and training camps. Everyone knows about Beast Mode.

Fred Jackson- One of a kind, he is like a reciever trapped in a running back's position but can do it all.

There is more, but I have to get back to work. I just thought I'd share my excitment over this offense.

Can't wait to see where we go in the draft. Rant. Off.
There aren't a lot of top prospect Guards, Duke Robinson and Levitre being the only possible first day picks. However many of the top rated Centers are versatile enough to play Guard. Wood, Caldwell, Unger, Mack, Luigs possibly others can make a smooth transition to LG.

bflobarry
03-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Pass rush is the key. Trent will be fine, and we'll get a LG and a LOLB in FA. Teams can count on their 1st round pick ONLY to have an impact in year one, and that has just GOT to be a pass rusher from the left side. These folks that are saying "yea, we can get this positon in the second, and this in the third, and this in the fourth...". Those draft slots are long shots. We can realistically count on ONE draftee helping this year, and for my money, that needs to be a REAL LDE. If Kelsay is starting come September, well, we're screwed...