PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Needs..

Prov401
03-19-2009, 01:21 PM
A pass rush, we need a pass rush, we need a pass rush, we need a pass rush. I don't think it's an option in this draft, with the 11th pick, to aquire any other position but defensive end. Seriously. I am well aware of the LG, TE, OLB, and possibly C positions needing to be filled, but minus that one breakout year from Schobel, we have had a horrible pass rush since the Bruce days. I'm sick of watching us create the most beautiful pocket for a QB to step up into and deliver a strike all day long. Pitt, NYG, Indy, Pitt, NE, NE, TB, NE, Bal.. I can go on and on about the previous Superbowl winners, and every single one, especially the recent teams, have all gotten to the QB, and have all had feared pass rushing attacks. Personally I hate our cover 2 defense, and to me all it is, is a 'we will let you get your 6 yard gains, but you aren't beating us deep', defense. But if we are going to keep the cover 2, then we need pass rushing. Right now, especially if we lock up Peters, I think a tight end in the 2nd round, would tottally solidify our offense (barring Edwards staying healthy). But without a pass rush, we are going to look at another 2002. 30pts a game, giving up 31.

ddaryl
03-19-2009, 01:32 PM
most of us agree, but the options for a DE @11 are limited.

many of the top DE's are OLB's and others are not great pass rushers.

I hope we pick up a top DE, but our best option might be to trade down gather a pick or 2 and grab the DE we are targeting...

yordad
03-19-2009, 01:37 PM
If Orakpo isn't there, you try to trade down. IMO, not enough seperates the #2 rookie DE from the #8. None of the plan Bs are likely to be an immediate force though.

HHURRICANE
03-19-2009, 01:41 PM
I think DE is the number one priority so I agree with your thread. However, I also agree that we need a guy that is an impact player and has the ability to be a sack master. I'm not sure that he'll be there at #11.

Our FO sucks.

HAMMER
03-19-2009, 02:08 PM
It takes two to tango when it comes to trading down, it isn't as easy as people think.

Pinkerton Security
03-19-2009, 02:10 PM
I think DE is the number one priority so I agree with your thread. However, I also agree that we need a guy that is an impact player and has the ability to be a sack master. I'm not sure that he'll be there at #11.

Our FO sucks.

they suck because there's not going to be an impact DE available at 11?

jdbillsfan
03-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Raji would help with the pass rush.

psubills62
03-19-2009, 02:21 PM
A pass rush, we need a pass rush, we need a pass rush, we need a pass rush. I don't think it's an option in this draft, with the 11th pick, to aquire any other position but defensive end. Seriously. I am well aware of the LG, TE, OLB, and possibly C positions needing to be filled, but minus that one breakout year from Schobel, we have had a horrible pass rush since the Bruce days. I'm sick of watching us create the most beautiful pocket for a QB to step up into and deliver a strike all day long. Pitt, NYG, Indy, Pitt, NE, NE, TB, NE, Bal.. I can go on and on about the previous Superbowl winners, and every single one, especially the recent teams, have all gotten to the QB, and have all had feared pass rushing attacks. Personally I hate our cover 2 defense, and to me all it is, is a 'we will let you get your 6 yard gains, but you aren't beating us deep', defense. But if we are going to keep the cover 2, then we need pass rushing. Right now, especially if we lock up Peters, I think a tight end in the 2nd round, would tottally solidify our offense (barring Edwards staying healthy). But without a pass rush, we are going to look at another 2002. 30pts a game, giving up 31.

There are good pass-rushing DE's later in the draft (2nd, 3rd rounds). I think if the Bills really want to help their pass rush and fill a need, it would be an option to take Cushing in the first.

Granted, it would be a fair reach at 11. But he's a very good blitzing OLB. Taking a DE isn't the only way to improve pass rush. And as jdbillsfan said, Raji would also help our pass rush, but I really don't think he'll drop to us.

bigbub2352
03-19-2009, 02:32 PM
any way u look at it we have to come out of this draft with a playmaker on D at 11, and a pass catching TE, and maybe a starter on the OLine, geez..... sign someone OBD

HHURRICANE
03-19-2009, 02:49 PM
they suck because there's not going to be an impact DE available at 11?

Because after 3 years of rebuilding we have a thin roster and are still desperate for impact players.

That's why the FO sucks.

bigbub2352
03-19-2009, 03:17 PM
Cant go into the draft expecting to fill 4-5 needs u should be filling 2 at the most
this organization needs to get off there ass and fill some holes, unless TO was a signing to sell tickets nothing more... otherwise u dont sign someone of his caliber and age to a 1 yr deal and not go for broke
at the very least we should shore up LG/RG in FA

We need a pass rusher
We need a real DT next to Stroud
We need a play maker at SS
we need a playmaker at DE
We need a pass catching TE
We need a....

bflobarry
03-19-2009, 05:49 PM
To those who say "trade down and get, say, two #2's"- Great teams are made up of impact #1's, much less so second/third rounders. Your stars win you games, not your ham 'n eggers. If no LDE is worth the #11 pick, then surely some pass rushing LOLB is.....But I couldn't agree more w/ the premise of the thread: Pass rush is need #1, and the whole team w/b better if we can get us some 'o Dat!

Mitchell55
03-19-2009, 06:19 PM
Pass rush- English in 2nd
LB- Digi, Ellison, Thomas, Bowen
C/G- Luigs in 3rd
TE- Hardy and Fine. Fine as blocker, Hardy like Winslow after gaining 20 lbs.
WR replacement for owens- Crabtree in 1st
S- Spillman in 5th
DT- Abdallah in 6th

Pinkerton Security
03-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Pass rush- English in 2nd
LB- Digi, Ellison, Thomas, Bowen
C/G- Luigs in 3rd
TE- Hardy and Fine. Fine as blocker, Hardy like Winslow after gaining 20 lbs.
WR replacement for owens- Crabtree in 1st
S- Spillman in 5th
DT- Abdallah in 6th

how are we going to get crabtree??? we'd have to trade up

Mitchell55
03-19-2009, 06:39 PM
how are we going to get crabtree??? we'd have to trade up

Most people are projecting him out of the top 10.

Det- Smith
STL- Monroe
KC- Curry
Sea- Oher
Clev- Orakpo
Cinc- BJ
Oak- Brown
Jack- Stafford
GB- Jenkins/Maybin/Ayers
SF- Sanchez

Pinkerton Security
03-19-2009, 06:42 PM

Det- Smith
STL- Monroe
KC- Curry
Sea- Oher
Clev- Orakpo
Cinc- BJ
Oak- Brown
Jack- Stafford
GB- Jenkins/Maybin/Ayers
SF- Sanchez

most people? who are these people, because they're idiots. he is arguably the very best player in the entire draft. he will NOT be there at 11, just like AP wasnt there when we drafted.

DrGraves
03-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Buffalo needs... to wake up its front office. T.O. signing was nice, but its time to get back to work.

BillsOwnAll
03-20-2009, 11:50 PM

Det- Smith
STL- Monroe
KC- Curry
Sea- Oher
Clev- Orakpo
Cinc- BJ
Oak- Brown
Jack- Stafford
GB- Jenkins/Maybin/Ayers
SF- Sanchez

Most people. give me 3 respectable links.

tat2dmike77
03-21-2009, 01:04 AM
If Orakpo isn't there, you try to trade down. IMO, not enough seperates the #2 rookie DE from the #8. None of the plan Bs are likely to be an immediate force though.

No if the tackle from Ole Miss is there at 11 you get him and then you get Michael Johnson from GT in the second.

DynaPaul
03-21-2009, 07:50 PM
We should just focus on the lines for this draft. My priorities would be to upgrade the D line, then the O line, and then get a Tight End.

Patti120
03-21-2009, 08:12 PM
If BJ is there, we should take him, if Orakpo is there we should take him. Unfortunately they probably won't be, so who we take is really wide open. I think the FO may really like Barwin for DE in the 2nd and if that is the case who are we taking at 11 if we can't trade down? Mayaluga (spelling?), Cushing? another CB (can't think of the guys name from Ohio St. right now).

I think we really need to pray that JP and the FO both get their **** together and work out a new contract b/c if they don't I will projectile vomit when we draft Andre Smith at 11.

Akhippo
03-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Stars do win you games. They dont all come from the first round. If we can trade down, our FO has to make sure it finds those stars.

We need a DE/Guard/TE/OLB in this draft. Actual starters, not projects that will be inactive for half the year. Free agency aside, this should be their sole objective this draft. They need to be working on contingencies and scenarios.

I dont want a third round running back because he was rated high on the board. Or a Safety named Free or Strong; we have the corner covered.

There is just to much time before the draft to get worked up only to be let down.