PDA

View Full Version : Jets have visit today and tomorrow with samari rolle

jimbohastle51
03-19-2009, 03:33 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/19/rolle-to-visit-jets/

damn!!! revis, sheppard, and rolle!!! we are going to have to get a tight end in here for sure. that is 3 real nice corners.

Pinkerton Security
03-19-2009, 03:34 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/19/rolle-to-visit-jets/

damn!!! revis, sheppard, and rolle!!! we are going to have to get a tight end in here for sure. that is 3 real nice corners.

rolle is about half the player he used to be.

Pride
03-19-2009, 03:34 PM
If that...

OpIv37
03-19-2009, 03:36 PM
rolle is about half the player he used to be.

except that he's got Sheppard and Revis back there with him, and Jenkins up front to get pressure. With or without him, the Jets' D is going to be solid this year. If they get Cutler, we're really in trouble.

jimbohastle51
03-19-2009, 03:36 PM
uh, we can say that all we want, but besides mcgee who do we have better?? he will be there nickle back guys!! dont even say mckelvin cause he hasnt even started half full season yet.

Pinkerton Security
03-19-2009, 03:38 PM
except that he's got Sheppard and Revis back there with him, and Jenkins up front to get pressure. With or without him, the Jets' D is going to be solid this year. If they get Cutler, we're really in trouble.

well rolle had the entire ravens defense around him and still didnt do very well. If TO has lost a step, then rolle has lost about 37. Im not saying the jets D isnt good, I just dont see rolle going there as anything big at all.

Pinkerton Security
03-19-2009, 03:38 PM
uh, we can say that all we want, but besides mcgee who do we have better?? he will be there nickle back guys!! dont even say mckelvin cause he hasnt even started half full season yet.
id rather start mckelvin than rolle, easy.

Goobylal
03-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Rolle is horrible. And he won't have the Ravens defense making him look just bad and not as horrible as he truly is.

venis2k1
03-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Youboty > Rolle

Goobylal
03-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Chris Watson (in his "prime") > Rolle (currently).

more cowbell
03-19-2009, 05:02 PM
anyone who thinks mckelvin or youboty is better than rolle is absolutely crazy. Dont forget about Dwight Lowery either...he was a pretty solid rookie for the Jets last season. Their secondary is going to be tough this season.

Mitchell55
03-19-2009, 05:34 PM
At least the division is giving us credit as a threat. The Jets wouldnt do this if it werent for Owens.

theanswer74
03-19-2009, 05:49 PM
This guy?

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8025ea49

jimbohastle51
03-19-2009, 05:50 PM
whoever thinks rolle stinks dpesnt know football!!! he had 3 picks and 1 FF in 10 games, half of which he was battling epilepsy, i dont know how you can think that youboty is better than rolle. youboty hasnt played a full season let alone had a big time game in a NFL game (preseason doesnt count guys, DBs pickoff scrub QBs all day in preseason). who had 3 picks on our team last year in 10 games played??? NO ONE!

WeAreArthurMoates
03-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Jets better hope Rolle and Sheppard stay on the field those guys are always injured. I've seen a lot of Lito of the years, the guys is always hurt and not that tough.

Pinkerton Security
03-19-2009, 06:38 PM
whoever thinks rolle stinks dpesnt know football!!! he had 3 picks and 1 FF in 10 games, half of which he was battling epilepsy, i dont know how you can think that youboty is better than rolle. youboty hasnt played a full season let alone had a big time game in a NFL game (preseason doesnt count guys, DBs pickoff scrub QBs all day in preseason). who had 3 picks on our team last year in 10 games played??? NO ONE!

i could have 3 picks in 10 games as a corner for the freakin ravens. thats what happens when you get consistent pressure!

and dont go making some blanket statement that samari rolle is awesome because he had 3 picks, and we all dont know anything. if you actually watch him play, you can see he is a smart player who just cant quite cover the way he used to.

jimbohastle51
03-19-2009, 06:45 PM
i could have 3 picks in 10 games as a corner for the freakin ravens. thats what happens when you get consistent pressure!

and dont go making some blanket statement that samari rolle is awesome because he had 3 picks, and we all dont know anything. if you actually watch him play, you can see he is a smart player who just cant quite cover the way he used to.

its not because he had 3 picks genius, its because he has 31 over 10 seasons! he is not the same corner he was 4 years ago but if your saying that when he is in for the jets durning there nickle packages which is ALL THE TIME with ryans D that you like rolle on josh reed, or steve johnson??? NO WAY do i like that match up. or do i like rolle and revis or rolle and sheppard on T.O. or evans if they roll there coverage to one of them. revis has already shown he can handle evans one on one last year so i do not want the jets to get another solid CB, to go with there 2 solid safties. say what you want them adding rolle doesnt help us at all and it doesnt make it easier.

jimbohastle51
03-19-2009, 06:46 PM
and also rolle is one of the most instinctive DBs of his generation, he has over 120 PD's in his career! that is elite numbers bro! dieon sanders only had 93 passes defensed in his 14 year career man, rolle is great for that defense.

Pinkerton Security
03-19-2009, 06:59 PM
its not because he had 3 picks genius, its because he has 31 over 10 seasons! he is not the same corner he was 4 years ago but if your saying that when he is in for the jets durning there nickle packages which is ALL THE TIME with ryans D that you like rolle on josh reed, or steve johnson??? NO WAY do i like that match up. or do i like rolle and revis or rolle and sheppard on T.O. or evans if they roll there coverage to one of them. revis has already shown he can handle evans one on one last year so i do not want the jets to get another solid CB, to go with there 2 solid safties. say what you want them adding rolle doesnt help us at all and it doesnt make it easier.

ok genius, im sorry for questioning you superior football knowledge.

btw, I'd be fine with Stevie Johnson lining up against Rolle. It doesnt make it any easier, but I dont think it makes it much harder. Im more worried about sheppard, scott and the guys who will be blitzing out of rex ryan's 3-4

Pinkerton Security
03-19-2009, 07:01 PM
and also rolle is one of the most instinctive DBs of his generation, he has over 120 PD's in his career! that is elite numbers bro! dieon sanders only had 93 passes defensed in his 14 year career man, rolle is great for that defense.

sam madison has 126 in his career. does that mean hes good right now as well?

theanswer74
03-19-2009, 07:13 PM
The guy 10 yards behind Evans?

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8025ea49

Honestly, your throwing out that stat? Sanders didnt get thrown at.

jimbohastle51
03-19-2009, 07:32 PM
ya it means he is good in a nickle role paired up with sheppard, and revis. doesnt make it much harder? you honestly think samari rolle isnt that much better than dwight lowry (jets nickle corner)?? he had one pick all season and it was against us on a bad through from trent. i am not going to argue about this back and forth all night but seriously you cant say that samari rolle, sheppard, and revis is not a very formittable 3some to go up against 2wice a year.

Goobylal
03-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Maybe Rolle should start over Sheppard, who had 1 INT in 16 games.

And why would Rolle go to Jersey when he could be a starter in Miami?

Jeff1220
03-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Rolle sucks. Ravens fans couldn't wait to get rid of him and they are a bigger group of homers than just about any fanbase.
McKelvin definitely > Rolle

OpIv37
03-19-2009, 09:14 PM
and just for the record, "samari rolle" sounds like a new sushi dish at an Asian fusion restaurant.

Goobylal
03-19-2009, 09:59 PM
and just for the record, "samari rolle" sounds like a new sushi dish at an Asian fusion restaurant.
LOL! Do you think his mother thought that was the way to spell "samurai?"

Luisito23
03-20-2009, 06:43 AM
He's a has been, so I'm not really worried about it.

yordad
03-20-2009, 11:18 AM
The dude is too old to pick a weggie.

superbills
03-20-2009, 12:39 PM
...half of which he was battling epilepsy...

So we install some flashy-blinky lights on our receivers helmets giving us a bigger advantage...

tat2dmike77
03-20-2009, 12:51 PM

Well thier offense was supposed to be SOLID last year and how did that turn out?

Oh i know i know rex ryan is next bill parcells because he was a great coridinater. And look at all the players from Baltimore that are going to the Jets that means they are gonna be great.

This happens every year. The Jets sign a bunch of FA's and still stink it up. They look good on paper. But never on the field. Ask all the Jets fans about that super bowl Favre was supposed to win them.