PDA

View Full Version : Hardy to TE? Schobel to LB?

Mitchell55
03-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Lets face it, Hardy cannot get seperation vs CBs and does not have WR speed. At TE we would have so many match up problems its not even funny. Owens, Evans, Reed, Hardy TE, and Lynch. Hardy can also block pretty well from tape that ive seen and at 6-6 220 lbs he could probably gain around 10-15 more pounds and make him around 235, which is a good size for TE. Schobel has already been discused.

m1orenz
03-19-2009, 06:49 PM
lol

Pinkerton Security
03-19-2009, 07:20 PM
theres this little thing that TE's have to be able to do. its called BLOCKING. hardy would have to start from scratch in that area, him vs. a LB would be no contest.

and schobel is our only legit DE, so why move him to LB. thats just filling one hole by creating another.

realdealryan
03-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Hardy's blocking is too low in Madden. Can't do this.

The Spaz
03-19-2009, 07:39 PM
LMFAO :rofl::lol:

Mitchell55
03-19-2009, 08:42 PM
Im just comparing him to TEs in the draft. Each one but Pettigrew weakness is blocking. If Hardy can practice as a TE and get some more weight, than I think he could be a good blocker.

And please stop with the madden comments. Just because its a different idea doesnt mean that its all of a sudden a 10 year old playing madden.

DraftBoy
03-19-2009, 09:01 PM
This is an absolutely ridiculous idea.

Devin
03-19-2009, 09:01 PM
*sigh*

Devin
03-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Personally I think Lindell would make a friggin sweet DT.

He could just lineup and then really quickly kick the guard in the marbles, then run in and do a scissor kick on the QB and force a fumble.

CHAMPIONSHIP!

OpIv37
03-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Hardy can't block and Schobel can't cover.

But let me go downstairs and try this in Madden. If it works, it's probably a good idea.

yordad
03-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Lets face it, Hardy cannot get seperation vs CBs and does not have WR speed. At TE we would have so many match up problems its not even funny. Owens, Evans, Reed, Hardy TE, and Lynch. Hardy can also block pretty well from tape that ive seen and at 6-6 220 lbs he could probably gain around 10-15 more pounds and make him around 235, which is a good size for TE. Schobel has already been discused.You mean a Tight end that splits out wide? Like a WR?

Philagape
03-19-2009, 09:20 PM
You know what's a fun thing to do in Madden? Create a player and give him a 99 in every category, make him like 7 feet tall with zero body fat. Like, whoa.

TigerJ
03-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Hardy's time in the 40 puts him at least in the middle of the range for wider receivers, if not in the faster half. He's faster than Anquan Boldin and probably faster than Larry Fitzgerald. He's pretty good at blocking DBs. That's a whold different ball game from being an inline blocker and taking on linebackers and sometimes defensive ends.

Hardy's main problem last season seems to have been the fact that there was almost nothing in common between the offense he played in at Indiana nad the Bills' offense: different terminology, different philosophies, different passing routes. He had to learn a complete new set of passing routes because there was zero carry over. He also needed to get stronger, especially in the upper body. This offseason, even though he's rehabbing his knee after surgery to fix an ACL, he can still work his upper body and study the playbook so that when he gets to the regular season it's all second nature too him. There won't be much pressure on him because T.O. is going to get a lot of reps with Evans, but when he does get in, I expect him to be much more comfortable that he knows what to do, and will be more effective doing it.

As for Schobel at linebacker, I'm not totally against it, but the linebackers in the Bills' scheme have a lot of pass coverage responsibility in the short zone, and I'm not sure Schobel is up to it.

Dr. Lecter
03-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Why did I click on the this thread link?

It was like a car accident. I had to look at the dismembered body, even though I knew I was going to vomit and be scarred for life.

Mitchell55
03-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Here, let me rephrase my reasoning.

1st, hes 6-6, 212, and is mainly a red zone threat. Hes a very physical WR at the line based off of this http://warroomreport.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=97&Itemid=1
and would cause alot of match up problems. With TO, Johnson, Parrish, and Reed on our team it will be very difficult for Hardy to make a impact. Like Maybin, if he could just get to 230 of muscle than he would be a perfect fit as long as he also gets some blocking training. If anyone thinks he cant do it, he can. Look at Maybin who gained 15 pounds of muscle in a few weeks, Hardy has 5 months to gain strength and hes in rehab so he wont be practicing much. He doesnt have the WR gameday speed like a Evans or TO and is a bad route runner. Also played basketball and alot of converted TE basketball players have done very well. TG and Gates. He also had 18 reps of 225 so his upper body isnt as bad as it looks. Lastly, every top TE in the draft outside of Ingram, Beckum (both suited for HB) and Pettigrew are horrible blockers and work in a spread formation and have as much skill in blocking as Hardy would. Just think of the match up problems with Hardy at TE who would have to go against a saftey along with Evans and Owens who both demand double coverage. This does not have to be our true TE, maybe like Dallas Clark, he splits out alot and would come in as a TE sometimes.

The Spaz
03-19-2009, 11:24 PM
You sir are very close to going on my ignore list. Also where did you get your scouting report that Pettigrew is bad at blocking? From what I have seen he probably is one of the better blocking TE's in this draft if not the best.

Tatonka
03-19-2009, 11:27 PM
this thread ****ing sucks.

but i am used to it from the thread starter.. garbage posts 99% of the time.

Mitchell55
03-19-2009, 11:28 PM
You sir are very close to going on my ignore list. Also where did you get your scouting report that Pettigrew is bad at blocking? From what I have seen he probably is one of the better blocking TE's in this draft if not the best.

Read it again.

Mitchell55
03-19-2009, 11:28 PM
this thread ****ing sucks.

but i am used to it from the thread starter.. garbage posts 99% of the time.

Then why do you continue to open and respond to my thread. It seems like its just a way to get rep points.

The Spaz
03-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Read it again.

Each one but Pettigrew weakness is blocking.

I did. Anything else smart you want to say?

Ok I re-read it it's just the way you worded it was ****ed up. Still the ideas you proposed are straight up FUBAR.

Tatonka
03-19-2009, 11:30 PM
get reps points?

who the **** cares about rep points.

i guess i just thought eventually you would say something worth a ****.. but you continue to prove me wrong.

are you 12?

Romes
03-19-2009, 11:30 PM
:shakeno:

Mitchell55
03-19-2009, 11:32 PM
I did. Anything else smart you want to say?

Heres another smart thing to say. Next time post a quote, post the actual ****in quote, Damn.

"Lastly, every top TE in the draft outside of Ingram, Beckum (both suited for HB) and Pettigrew are horrible blockers"

Mitchell55
03-19-2009, 11:34 PM
get reps points?

who the **** cares about rep points.

i guess i just thought eventually you would say something worth a ****.. but you continue to prove me wrong.

are you 12?

Im not good in school but I can figure out if the garbage is the same 15 times, why try it again.

The Spaz
03-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Im not good in school but I can figure out if the garbage is the same 15 times, why try it again.

You could have fooled me I thought you were president of Mensa...:D:

realdealryan
03-20-2009, 05:56 AM
Then why do you continue to open and respond to my thread. It seems like its just a way to get rep points.

It's the offseason. It's slow around here. Plus, when I saw this thread title from the main page I was SURE I knew who started it, but it only shows the last person to respond, so I clicked, and sure enough...

DraftBoy
03-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Heres another smart thing to say. Next time post a quote, post the actual ****in quote, Damn.

"Lastly, every top TE in the draft outside of Ingram, Beckum (both suited for HB) and Pettigrew are horrible blockers"

What??

Beckum is a bad blocker, Nelson is a good blocker, Coffman is decent at it as well. Your way off here.

Mitchell55
03-20-2009, 12:42 PM
What??

Beckum is a bad blocker, Nelson is a good blocker, Coffman is decent at it as well. Your way off here.

Your draftboy?

Nelson and Coffemans biggest con on every scounting report availible is that there bad blockers. Every one on Beckum says he is a HB who is a good blocker.

The Spaz
03-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Your draftboy?

Nelson and Coffemans biggest con on every scounting report availible is that there bad blockers. Every one on Beckum says he is a HB who is a good blocker.

Well then you did not see what Nelson did at the Shrine game. Yeah Nelson isn't great at it but he is more than willing. It was noted that on a few occasions he was driving some DE's and LB's into the ground. A lot of people didn't think he was a good blocker because of his size and the kind of offense Missouri ran.

Mitchell55
03-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Well then you did not see what Nelson did at the Shrine game. Yeah Nelson isn't great at it but he is more than willing. It was noted that on a few occasions he was driving some DE's and LB's into the ground. A lot of people didn't think he was a good blocker because of his size and the kind of offense Missouri ran.

Im just saying what I read. Also I missed the shrine game so ill take your word for it.

tat2dmike77
03-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Hardy's blocking is too low in Madden. Can't do this.

Madden don't lie

THATHURMANATOR
03-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Couldn't Moorman move to safety?

ParanoidAndroid
03-20-2009, 01:03 PM
I would rather bring in a player that is ready to play TE than try to turn a physical specimen at WR who has the potential to be a very good WR in this league in to something he is not. We are so desperate for a TE, that this did actually did cross my mind, but after thinking about it for 2 minutes, I realized it was not a good idea.
I see what you are saying, but it just doesn't make very good sense.
Schobel might be able to play OLB in a 3-4, but not in a 4-3 base cover-2. He doesn't have the right skill set at all.
Also, a lot of people are saying Beckum is going to be a HB because of his height, but if his team does not split him out to take advantage of his strength and receiving ability, they are wasting his talent.

DraftBoy
03-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Your draftboy?

On Beckum;

Ultimately gets backed down or ripped off by larger players when blocking on the line due to his less than ideal playing strength.

Needs to get stronger to be able to block at the point of attack. Has good initial contact but isn’t strong or big enough to sustain his block. Tends to get thrown away by bigger and stronger defenders. He can sometimes struggle against aggressive linebackers.

tat2dmike77
03-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Couldn't Moorman move to safety?

Fullback is where he wants to play

Al the Bills Fan
03-20-2009, 09:58 PM
I think we should move Jason Peters to CB, Stroud to QB and Ellsion could be our new LT