• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Can Bell be our Guard?

I have no clue. I liked what I saw from him last pre season, but it was just pre season. what do you guys think?
    I am The Batman.
  • DrGraves
    • Mar 2008

Re: Can Bell be our Guard?

No.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Guard is easier than tackle but there are some different requirements, and Bell couldn't even stay on the roster last year. Is it possible? Yes, but it's a risk I'd rather not take.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchell55
        only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37
        Guard is easier than tackle but there are some different requirements, and Bell couldn't even stay on the roster last year. Is it possible? Yes, but it's a risk I'd rather not take.

Couldnt stay on the roster? 1st off he was a 7th round pick, 2nd, he was backup most of the season but was on the team.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mitchell59
          Couldnt stay on the roster? 1st off he was a 7th round pick, 2nd, he was backup most of the season but was on the team.
          I seem to recall that he went back and forth between the regular roster and the practice squad, and was deactivated for several of the games where he was on the regular roster. If I'm wrong about that, I apologize, but I know there were several games where he didn't dress.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchell55
            only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
            • Feb 2008

Heres a vid

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Jeff1220
              H to the 12:20
              • Jul 2002

Nothing along the lines of this sort of thing would surprise me with this team.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

I believe he spent the year on the roster, but spent the majority of it as a healthy scratch. The Bills didn't want to put him on the practice squad, because they feared another team would sign and activate him, if given a chance.
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• feldspar
                  • Mar 2007

The Bills kept him on their active roster all season, but did not activate him for any of the regular season games. He was kept off the practice squad so no other teams were able to sign him. This leads me to believe that the Bills think that he has a lot of raw talent but needs some work.

Bell never played organized football at all until college. He played for 3 years at Northwestern State.

If the buzz on this guy is at least halfway true, he has tremendous potential. He's 6'5" and 307 lbs. He's a huge man that happens to also be very athletic for his size. Sometimes that's all it takes if you have the passion and drive as well.

So far, his claim to fame is that his father is Karl Malone, who has been a complete douchebag of a father to him. Bell actually actually went to college on a basketball scholorship...a man that size that is athletic enough to play basketball is intruiging at the very least.

There is no telling whether he will pan out, but I like what I hear. then again, maybe they are telling me what I want to hear. Remember that Peters went undrafted as a tight end. Anything can happen, and I think that Bell just might be a diamond in the rough. I hope so, anyway.

I sure would like to see what he can do in a real game.
                  Last edited by feldspar; 03-19-2009, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

I don't think he is stout enough to be a guard. More athletic then powerful. But, he has had a season of NFL conditioning, he might challenge Chambers for the primary backup behind Peters sooner then later.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                      • Feb 2009

I loved what I saw from him last year. He needed to gain atleast 15 pounds and be around 315-320. If he did that, he may be the guy. If not no way.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

even if they want to experiment with him they have to bring a vet guard in in case. you cant have a rookie and a couple guys that have never started an NFL season as your LG. they are going to have to pay a guy like mike goff something or kendall simmons but they cant just not bring anyone but a rookie in.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

Personally
                          I think LG should be Butler, then go out and sign a vet such as Simmons, Goff, Wilkerson and draft a kid in the 4th rd to groom the next year or two as Bell develops
                          Bell only has like 4 years of real football under his belt he mite still need a yr especially if changing positions
                          If u get a guy like TO for a yr u better be going for it this year so we need solid right away
                          A vet would do that
                          Draft a kid like Luigis or Wood that can play both C/G
                          do something smart for a change solidify the OLINE
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                            • Mar 2004

If Peters can be converted from a TE to an all pro T then there is no doubt in my mind that Bell could make the switch to G. That said i don't believe he is ready to start this season but soon.IMO

Comment

• Syderick
                              • Apr 2006

Well unless they sign someone else it's gonna be competition between him and Chambers. I think in that competition, Bell would probably be the underdog going into camp. Isn't Bell also Karl Malone's son?
                              3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

Working...
                              X