PDA

View Full Version : Say buffalo had the #1 pick in the draft

Mitchell55
03-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Who would you take and why

Id have to say Aaron Curry based on need alone. That or trade Peters for a 1st and 2nd and then we get a Tackle.

realdealryan
03-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Trade Peters and pick a tackle with the 1st pick? That makes no sense - one of them hasn't played a down and they would both get a big contract.

Having the 1st pick would be a plague on this organization. That kind of money wrapped up in an unproven player....they'd probably pick a punter.

TigerJ
03-20-2009, 09:31 AM
While my first preference with regards to Peters is to sign him, it takes two to tango, and I'm not sure Peters is a willing dance partner any more, If Buffalo has made a solid contract offer and Peters has not signed by the draft, I'd explore the trade option, no doubt about it. I would seek to trade the overall spot in any case. I think Curry is going to be a solid pro, maybe a star, but that #1 overall salary is a cap buster. If you can't trade it, because every other team knows it's a cap buster, The options are probably Curry or an offensive tackle. Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe, whoever the Bills rate higher. The only other player who might justify being selected that high is Stafford, and I'm not in "the QB on the other side of the fence is always better" camp. Greener, yes, but not necessarily better for the Bills.