X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Getting a handle on Hangartner

He wasn’t a big name signing by any means, but Buffalo’s addition of free agent center Geoff Hangartner early in free agency shores up an important position that was sitting vacant on Buffalo’s offensive line. It was no secret that the Bills wanted to address the position quickly and decisively and they feel they’ve done that with the fifth-year pro.

“He’s athletic, experienced, which was important for us because we thought we had to have an experienced guy for what we do and what we want to do and the difficulty of that position,” said Bills head coach Dick Jauron. “Our position is so tough on centers because of the 3-4 (defenses) and the quality of the nose tackles in our division. He played against a lot of quality players. He’s young enough to be around for what we hope will be a long time and a good run.”

• The Jokeman
    • Dec 2003

Re: Getting a handle on Hangartner

He's the typical UFA the Bills have brought in over the last few years. He was a backup with his team that came from but we think he has what it takes to be a full time starter here. See Larry Tripplett, Craig Nall, Melvin Fowler and Robert Royal as other examples.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

the old diamond in the rough Bills offseason mentality...

heck maybe this time they got it right.... or I at least hope he is better then Fowler and Preston

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

He did play very well in Carolina.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by casdhf
          He did play very well in Carolina.
          ya i agree, lets wait to call this one a cheap signing because that Carolina running game was pretty stellar all year, and he played half their games, including the Giants game.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Jokeman
            He's the typical UFA the Bills have brought in over the last few years. He was a backup with his team that came from but we think he has what it takes to be a full time starter here. See Larry Tripplett, Craig Nall, Melvin Fowler and Robert Royal as other examples.
            That's my concern. I don't know enough about him specifically to say that's the case, but it certainly fits the awful FA pattern that the Bills have developed over the years.

BTW, you forgot Peerless Price, Matt Bowen, Tutan Reyes, Andre Davis...
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

I don't drink the kool-aid anymore. Whittle was supposed to be a starter at RG.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                • Jun 2005

Who cares if you drink koolaid or not?

Comment

• madness
                  • Apr 2003

His play in Carolina was far better than anything Fowler and Preston ever produced in Buffalo.

That's enough for me not to worry about him being a liability on the field as much as they were.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

I hope the Bills Front Office knows what they are doing with another backup signing to be a starter, cause our past history shows they dont and have done nothing but brought in bums to play Center

Let one of these cheap signings work out for us, let our coachs and fornt office be smarter than everyone else for once Please.....
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

I agree that our track record with these kind of signings is not good, but Hangartner is the kind of young player that I reserve judgment on. Each case is different.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                        Pinkerton's son
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        I don't drink the kool-aid anymore. Whittle was supposed to be a starter at RG.
                        what?! no he wasnt, he was brought in purely as depth at center and G

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

This should end any thoughts of the Bills taking a guy like Mack.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• yordad
                            • Dec 2007

He is stronger the Fowler, and way smarter then Duke. He cannot be worst then them, it would be impossible.
                            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                              He is stronger the Fowler, and way smarter then Duke. He cannot be worst then them, it would be impossible.
                              The problem is that we don't need someone who isn't worse. We weren't good enough up front last year- we need someone BETTER.

Now, once again, I don't know enough about Hangartner to specifically say that he's better or worse. But the red flag is that this is Buffalo's MO of signing a back up from another team to be a starter here, and that strategy has not gotten results in the past.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X