PDA

View Full Version : TO could be the straw that breaks the Camel's back.

HHURRICANE
03-20-2009, 09:27 AM
I feel bad that TO potentially could have his pro-bowl resume tarnished by coming to a team that is obviously more interested in filling seats than winning games.

So far we've added a backup QB, which we had to fill, so no shocker, a DB, and a Center that has never been a named starter.

TO is our only significant signing in the off-season.

We lost Crowell for good so we have no replacement. No replacement at Guard. We have the same worthless DEs. We have two TEs that wouldn't start on any other team in the league.

So TO just joined a team that hasn't done a thing other than...bring in TO.

Add to the fact that the first two games won't have Lynch.

Do you think TO will be happy with 7-9? How much of a laughing stock will we be when TO leaves and says this is the only place he ever came that he couldn't win at?

Mark my words. Without other additions this team will regret TO. Not because of him but because they can't run this team.

Pinkerton Security
03-20-2009, 09:31 AM
:spam:

Pinkerton Security
03-20-2009, 09:34 AM
same as

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=171998

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=171674

kgun12
03-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Frankly who gives a s*#! what TO thinks? This is what I have been saying all along. We are more worried or should I say excited to have the Bills in the national spotlight than we are putting a quality product on the field. I just hope TO can play G/C and also OLB.

BTW look at all the playes ringing the phone off the hook at 1 Bills Dr. to come play with TO.

HHURRICANE
03-20-2009, 09:46 AM
If TO comes here and we end up at 7-9 we'll never see another signing like this again.

Every available player always says "New England". We need this experiment to go well even if TO leaves after his deal is up. Losing just makes us look incompetant.

Jan Reimers
03-20-2009, 09:50 AM
As if this camel had a back to break. This camel missed the oasis for 9 years, turned in its hump, and died of thirst.

alohabillsfan
03-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Yep! Our Superbowl run will be over...Dam TO

theanswer74
03-20-2009, 10:14 AM
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4174/downermh1.jpg

imbondz
03-20-2009, 10:31 AM
I totally had a vision last night that we go 9-7 next year!! it was so powerful!

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-20-2009, 10:32 AM
Dude there are still a few good options out there at LB and Guard so I would hold judgement until the draft.

TacklingDummy
03-20-2009, 11:24 AM
TO can't rush the passer.

TO can't throw himself the ball.

SquishDaFish
03-20-2009, 11:46 AM
How about if you dont like the team anymore go be a fan of some other team

gil
03-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Honestly, you're worried about being a laughingstock?

I think we're already there - and I can give two Sh*** about what TO thinks or says.

If it does get that far, I think it will be a good thing because TO will burn this front office to the ground, which if we have another losing season, deserves to happen anyway.

Mitchell55
03-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Why is it that people beg us to sign a big name free agent and everytime we do, people feel sorry for them. Would you rather a bunch of Hangartners so you dont feel bad for them. Same with Lynch, Peters, Evans, and Edwards. There is alot of posts about how people feel bad for them, would you rather us with a bunch of players with not future and keep going 7-9. But wait, the same people get mad when we dont sign a big name FA. Im confused.

tat2dmike77
03-20-2009, 12:54 PM
I feel bad that TO potentially could have his pro-bowl resume tarnished by coming to a team that is obviously more interested in filling seats than winning games.

So far we've added a backup QB, which we had to fill, so no shocker, a DB, and a Center that has never been a named starter.

TO is our only significant signing in the off-season.

We lost Crowell for good so we have no replacement. No replacement at Guard. We have the same worthless DEs. We have two TEs that wouldn't start on any other team in the league.

So TO just joined a team that hasn't done a thing other than...bring in TO.

Add to the fact that the first two games won't have Lynch.

Do you think TO will be happy with 7-9? How much of a laughing stock will we be when TO leaves and says this is the only place he ever came that he couldn't win at?

Mark my words. Without other additions this team will regret TO. Not because of him but because they can't run this team.

And again i will ask you Mr Frontoffice genius who should the Bills sign? Who is out there worth throwing money at. Maybe this time you will answer my question instead of sidestepping it.

OpIv37
03-20-2009, 01:09 PM
And again i will ask you Mr Frontoffice genius who should the Bills sign? Who is out there worth throwing money at. Maybe this time you will answer my question instead of sidestepping it.

you know, you may very well have a point. There aren't too many options at G or DE. At LB, there are a few options that aren't great, but would still be an improvement over Ellison. So, we're looking at probably NOT upgrading DE or LG, and an upgrade at LB that may not be sufficient.

First, this FO paid Dock a ton of money. They gave Schobel and Kelsay big contracts. None of the three did what they were supposed to. So even if there are no G's or DE's available in FA THIS year, it's still the FO's fault that we're in this mess.

Second, this team needs a G, a DE and a LB. The lack of supply at these positions won't make the guys we have any better. So, we lose. Again. That's all there is to it. Either the FO gets creative and finds a way to plug these holes, or we'll be lucky to get to 7-9 agai.

Philagape
03-20-2009, 01:43 PM
"YOU'LL EAT IT AND YOU'LL LIKE IT!!!" :jill:

HHURRICANE
03-20-2009, 02:18 PM

I didn't side step it yesterday. I don't have a good answer because Op's post somes up exactly the way I feel.

Why dump Dockery for Chambers? Dockery is still better and we don't need the cap space. Who gives a crap if he "graded low" for what we were paying him. Still better than what we have now.

If that's the logic than Schobel should have "graded low" and been cut for what we are payying him.

If we can afford them than sign them all. Simmons, June, Keiaho, Goff and trade for Daniels or Scheffler.

theanswer74
03-20-2009, 02:47 PM
I didn't side step it yesterday. I don't have a good answer because Op's post somes up exactly the way I feel.

Why dump Dockery for Chambers? Dockery is still better and we don't need the cap space. Who gives a crap if he "graded low" for what we were paying him. Still better than what we have now.

If that's the logic than Schobel should have "graded low" and been cut for what we are payying him.

If we can afford them than sign them all. Simmons, June, Keiaho, Goff and trade for Daniels or Scheffler.

This is why! If it wasnt for injuries on the OL last season Dockery would have been benched.

If Dockery was still here you would have read this and started a thread about how we need a new LG.

"I thought Derrick Dockery played as badly as any guard in the NFL last year, so the 'Skins better hope Joe Bugel can help him regain his old form. The deal was mind-boggling considering the Bills wanted to bench him halfway through the season."http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2009/03/dockery-commentary.html

OpIv37
03-20-2009, 03:30 PM
This is why! If it wasnt for injuries on the OL last season Dockery would have been benched.

If Dockery was still here you would have read this and started a thread about how we need a new LG.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2009/03/dockery-commentary.html

So. let me get this straight: you want to cut a guy because he sucks, then replace him with the guy who was on the bench behind him that wasn't good enough to beat out the guy that sucks for his starting position?

How much sense does that make?

Look, I have no problem cutting Dockery. The guy was making a fortune and sucking ass. But for ****'s sake, have some sort of succession plan in place. Don't just boot one loser off the team and let all the other losers take one more step up the later. That doesn't solve anything.

ddaryl
03-20-2009, 03:31 PM
How about if you dont like the team anymore go be a fan of some other team

heck I hate the organization, both Sabres and Bills... But my entire emotional attachment is to the BUFFALO Bills/Sabres....

I think every single fan at this junction has every right to *****, trash and piss all over the franchise until they wake the **** up and actually do what it takes to be a champion.

theanswer74
03-20-2009, 03:57 PM
So. let me get this straight: you want to cut a guy because he sucks, then replace him with the guy who was on the bench behind him that wasn't good enough to beat out the guy that sucks for his starting position?

Look, I have no problem cutting Dockery. The guy was making a fortune and sucking ass. But for ****'s sake, have some sort of succession plan in place. Don't just boot one loser off the team and let all the other losers take one more step up the later. That doesn't solve anything.

I said I want to replace Dockery with Chambers or Bell? I want to replace Dockery with a talented played in the 1st 3 rounds of the draft.

And I will say this about Chambers, I saw many fans wanting him to replace our pro bowl LT, so lets not act like that didnt happen.

I wasnt one of them though. Chambers is best right where he is as a swing OT in case of injury.

Pinkerton Security
03-20-2009, 07:10 PM

they do have a succession plan. we just dont know it yet

Goobylal
03-22-2009, 10:02 AM
The decision to start Dockery even though he sucked was likely based more on his salary than his backup. How would it look to Ralph that his $7M/year player was being benched?

And there are still options in FA like Goff, Simmons, and Bentley. And there is also the draft.

feldspar
03-22-2009, 10:46 AM
I feel bad that TO potentially could have his pro-bowl resume tarnished

Why in the world would you spend one second of your life feeling bad about this?

Yeah, I spend my days feeling depressed that multimillionaires in great shape aren't getting every single thing they ever dreamed of.

Goobylal
03-22-2009, 10:47 AM
It could tarnish is HOF resume. But if he does well in Buffalo, it could also make him a slam-dunk for the HOF.