PDA

View Full Version : It's for REAL now, BEAT the JETS!!!

H2OBFLO
08-31-2002, 12:24 AM
It's time to strap 'em on for real now!
CAN WE BEAT THE JETS?
"gimme a hell yeah"
Let's ROCKnROLL!!!:band:

Stewie
08-31-2002, 12:35 AM
Hellz mo'f'kin yah .. I CANT WAIT!!! I'm gonna be there at 7:30am gentleman, playing full out tackle in the parking lot

lordofgun
08-31-2002, 12:38 AM
:jetsuck:

H2OBFLO
08-31-2002, 12:43 AM
I love your enthusiasm! LET'S ROCK!!!

Halbert
08-31-2002, 12:50 AM
Here's what it comes down to (in my own arrogant opinion):

The Bills played most opponents tough going into at LEAST the 2nd half, and in most cased the 4th quarter, last season.

Have they learned how to win? Has there been enough veteran talent added to overcome "neophyte" mistakes? Can they learn how to make the 2 or 3 plays at the end of games to win more than they lose?

Having players like Drew and London and Eddie and Chidi could really help settle the young and budding talent at critical moments. But will they respond?

Yes, and we make the playoffs. No and we wait to restock next season for a really serious run at the cup - err, trophy.

Take a guess which will happen. You've got 50/50 odds.

Good luck!

(btw - I'm picking playoffs)

Elvis Impersonator
08-31-2002, 10:18 AM
I don't know enough about the Bills going into this season to make a fair assessment. What little I do know, you have the making's of what I think is going to be a formidabble offense. I think Josh Reed is a future star, and Travis Henry can be a solid back. But you're defense is a bunch of no names-

that can be good, or that can be bad. I think the Jets have much more talent on both sides of the ball. Having said that, anything can happen. One cliche before I go:

THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME.

timfromjersey
08-31-2002, 10:36 AM
I think the Bills can win but it's going to have to be with the defense playing better than expectations because the Jets have one very good offense.

I do believe the Bills defense is improved though.

Rebecky
08-31-2002, 11:27 AM
We definitely CAN win and SHOULD win! NO EXCUSES!!

Gillbride's offense, led by Bledsoe, can outshoot any team in the NFL! Don't worry about the D -- so what if it stinks -- we can still outscore them with our power offense.

Stewie
08-31-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Elvis Impersonator

I think the Jets have much more talent on both sides of the ball.

I disagree. I think the Bills have it all over the Jets on offense at the skill positions. Maybe the Jets have a better OL, maybe not. I think talent wise the OL is a wash.

Stewie
08-31-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Rebecky
We definitely CAN win and SHOULD win! NO EXCUSES!!

Gillbride's offense, led by Bledsoe, can outshoot any team in the NFL! Don't worry about the D -- so what if it stinks -- we can still outscore them with our power offense.

I hope thats not our overall gameplan, cause if it is we're gonna lose 10 games this year...

casdhf
08-31-2002, 02:25 PM
:eek:

venis2k1
08-31-2002, 02:43 PM
if we can stop the run like we did against the lions, i dont think there is any way we can lose. The problem you ask? C-MART is just a little better than James Mungro.

lordofgun
08-31-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by paulB

I disagree. I think the Bills have it all over the Jets on offense at the skill positions. Maybe the Jets have a better OL, maybe not. I think talent wise the OL is a wash.

:up: I AGREE! No way the Jets have better talent on O.

Romes
08-31-2002, 03:07 PM
I'd take Curtis Martin over Travis Henry though...

timfromjersey
08-31-2002, 04:15 PM
I'm sorry,

but did the era of rational debate pass me by without me knowing it?

Rebecky, I admire your steadfast faith and devotion to the Bills, but you should not let it cloud your judgement.

Before you annoint the Bills offense as the AFC's version of the St. Louis Rams, Look at some of the question marks on the offense.

First, how long will it take the offense (most importantly Bledsoe) to get comfortable in Gillbrides offense, which is usually a complicated system. Two, How long will it take Bledsoe to get in rhythm with his recievers, being his first year with the team. Then ask yourself, "have the Bills got their offensive lineup sorted out yet, will Jennings stay heathy, will Williams adapt to NFL play quickly enough, whose gonna play center and can Teague handle the position. When will they start to gel, and will they improve over last years piss poor blocking. Then consider the running backs, will one emerge as a dominant rusher, or will it be running back by commitee.

You can only make a clear cut case that the recievers of the Bills have an edge over the Jets, with Moulds and Centers and a far better tight end situation, but I caution you not to under-estimate the jets recieving corp, (forgive me Lord for touting Jets players) who will be in their second year in Paul Hacketts WCO. Plus their backfield recieving is just about on par with Buffalo's with C. Martin and Richie Anderson.

Being down here in Jersey, I watch the Jets play and believe me when I tell you, that nobody in this league can cover this kid, Santana Moss one on one, and if he stays healthy for the Jets, and Testaverde can get him the ball, he's a huge weapon for them.

The Jets right side of the O-Line is still intact and they have Curtis Martin so they are going to rush the ball better than the Bills.

Besides all that, the Jets have a great linebacker corp with Cowert healthy and a pass rush with Abraham and the rookie Bryon Thomas and with J Ferguson healthy, plugging the middle Their defense is not too shabby either.

Like I said before, I think the Bills have improved and can beat the Jets but its going to take a better than expected effort from the defense to do it.

This, Rebecky, is what is called the rational analysis of the two teams capabilities, talent and circumstances. Come down off your fanatical mountain and see the truth. There is no way the Bills beat the Jets with just the offense showing up.

JayWood
08-31-2002, 04:23 PM
LETS GET IT ON BOYS, LETS GET IT ON!!!!!!!