PDA

View Full Version : Moss tells Jimbo "with T.O., they’re going to be tough to stop."

madness
03-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Moss thinks Bills could be dangerous with T.O. (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/03/20/moss-thinks-bills-could-be-dangerous-with-to/)
By Chris Brown - Posted March 20th, 2009

So I crossed paths with Bills Hall of Famer Jim Kelly Thursday as he was shooting his newest ad for his football camp that runs in the summer and he said that last week he just played golf with Randy Moss. And he asked Moss what he thought of the Bills signing T.O.

Kelly said Moss thought it was a good pickup.

“He told me, ‘Lee was a big enough weapon all by himself, but now with T.O. they’re going to be tough to stop,’” said Kelly.

Nice to know that the Bills have the Patriots thinking about them for once instead of the other way around.

madness
03-20-2009, 11:13 AM
It's weird seeing our offense getting some actual respect.

yordad
03-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Isn't Jim Kelly playing golf with Randy Moss a strange sounding picture? I don't know why, but they don't strike me as the two peas in a pod type, lol.

Do you think Moss calls Kelly "Jimbo", and do you think Kelly told Randy he got "Mossed" when he spanked him by 9 strokes?

madness
03-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Isn't Jim Kelly playing golf with Randy Moss a strange sounding picture? I don't know why, but they don't strike me as the two peas in a pod type, lol.

Do you think Moss calls Kelly "Jimbo", and do you think Kelly told Randy he got "Mossed" when he spanked him by 9 strokes?

:rofl: If Jimbo was a real Bills fan, he would have put his "nine" to Randy's knee by now.

Uh-oh, this comment might spark the presence of the BZ Pleasantry Police :nervous:

don137
03-20-2009, 11:55 AM
I am pretty sure it was a charity golf event and not Jimbo golfing with Randy

ddaryl
03-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Moss is just beng smart and being pleasant. He knows not to hand out and bulletin board material. Not that it would make the Bills play anymore determined or anything

We better hope our OL is improved from last year, otherwise the Pats answer is going to be put pressure on the QB constantly... heck that will end up ebing the philosophy of all our opponents.

tat2dmike77
03-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Only 5 posts before somebody brought the OL

yordad
03-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Moss is just beng smart and being pleasant. He knows not to hand out and bulletin board material. Not that it would make the Bills play anymore determined or anything

We better hope our OL is improved from last year, otherwise the Pats answer is going to be put pressure on the QB constantly... heck that will end up ebing the philosophy of all our opponents.Lets hope our first game against them is after week 10, because if they give the opposition the bluprint in week one, the Bills are screwed.

OpIv37
03-20-2009, 01:20 PM

We better hope our OL is improved from last year, otherwise the Pats answer is going to be put pressure on the QB constantly... heck that will end up ebing the philosophy of all our opponents.

my thoughts exactly- good post.

Compare what Moss said to Donte Whitner's playoff guarantee last year- which one looks smarter at the moment?

madness
03-20-2009, 01:53 PM
I guess nobody "talks shop" anymore. Everybody just walks around spitting out calculated statements. That's just absurd.

HHURRICANE
03-20-2009, 02:19 PM
He should have asked him what he thought of Chambers at RG.

OpIv37
03-20-2009, 02:40 PM
I guess nobody "talks shop" anymore. Everybody just walks around spitting out calculated statements. That's just absurd.

of course they do.

Media is everywhere. People with video phones are everywhere. When people are as high profile as Randy Moss, anything they say or do in public has the potential for backlash. Besides that, if they were just talking shop, why no discussion of Buffalo's holes on the OL? Why no discussion of the DE/LB situation? it seems to me like his response was very calculated, and if he was just talking shop, these things would have come up.

madness
03-20-2009, 03:01 PM
of course they do.

Media is everywhere. People with video phones are everywhere. When people are as high profile as Randy Moss, anything they say or do in public has the potential for backlash. Besides that, if they were just talking shop, why no discussion of Buffalo's holes on the OL? Why no discussion of the DE/LB situation? it seems to me like his response was very calculated, and if he was just talking shop, these things would have come up.

That hasn't stopped any famous person or athlete from saying something stupid before... especially Randy Moss. There also could have been more than what was stated. You're speculating that nothing else was said.

OpIv37
03-20-2009, 03:20 PM
That hasn't stopped any famous person or athlete from saying something stupid before... especially Randy Moss. There also could have been more than what was stated. You're speculating that nothing else was said.

And speculating accurately.

There is no way that Randy Moss, who knows infinitely more about football than you or I, would have neglected the Bills' OL situation and concluded that the Bills would be "tough to stop" if he was "talking shop" and not just trying to make a PC statement.

justasportsfan
03-20-2009, 03:22 PM
the best way to stop TO and Lee this year is for D's to put Trent on IR and have Fitz start.

ddaryl
03-20-2009, 03:24 PM

If I would have gotten to this thread sooner it would have been the 2nd post

OpIv37
03-20-2009, 03:26 PM

Get used to it.

Having TO does NOTHING for us if we can't protect Trent.

Stewie
03-20-2009, 03:49 PM
maybe Randy was just being curteous to jim kelly on the golf course, knowing Jim is a huge Bills guy. Or is an aging hall of fame WR is spending his offseason engaged in the Patriots defensive strategy discussions?

DynaPaul
03-20-2009, 05:04 PM
That's what the Patriots said when we brought Drew Bledsoe into town.

tat2dmike77
03-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Get used to it.

Having TO does NOTHING for us if we can't protect Trent.

Hey i get it. It's not like anyone did a awesome job doin that last season. Peters was voted to the pro bowl by his peers as a screw you to the NFL by the players. He did not belong anywhere near a Pro Bowl roster.

feldspar
03-21-2009, 11:49 AM

I'm surprised it took that long.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-22-2009, 01:57 AM
then your in the presence of a HOFer you pretty much agree with any and everything they say.