PDA

View Full Version : I really think we should take a look at..

Prov401
03-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Since the T.O splash signing, Buffalo has been pretty quiet during the free agency period. We have gaps that need to be filled, and more than likely the 11th pick in this years draft will fill one of the spots. So barring an injury, I would say our pressing needs are at LB, DE, DT, TE, LG, and lets face it, who knows whats going to happen with Peters at LT. But for now, I'll just focus on the 5 positions listed above. I do not know why Derrick Brooks has not been brought in even for a visit. He knows the cover 2 like the back of his hand, and no matter the age, as I've watched the NFL Network, and any other analyst on ESPN say, he can still bring it. I truly believe he can still bring it. Other than LB, I wouldn't mind putting DT Dewayne Robertson next to Stroud at all. Thats another free agent who really hasn't been visiting any teams since his release. Adding those two players, along with a possible first round DE in this years draft, would significantly improve our defense. That would leave TE and LG. I think this year's draft is deep with TE's, and I believe we can snag one in the 2nd round no problem. TE Chase Coffman would be high on my list. So that would leave LG. This is the only position that gets me. Iv'e heard the filling could come through a trade, free agency, the draft. At this point it stumps me, but I still think we can get a few players for not so much 'break the bank' type money, in here through free agency.

Mitchell55
03-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Since the T.O splash signing, Buffalo has been pretty quiet during the free agency period. We have gaps that need to be filled, and more than likely the 11th pick in this years draft will fill one of the spots. So barring an injury, I would say our pressing needs are at LB, DE, DT, TE, LG, and lets face it, who knows whats going to happen with Peters at LT. But for now, I'll just focus on the 5 positions listed above. I do not know why Derrick Brooks has not been brought in even for a visit. He knows the cover 2 like the back of his hand, and no matter the age, as I've watched the NFL Network, and any other analyst on ESPN say, he can still bring it. I truly believe he can still bring it. Other than LB, I wouldn't mind putting DT Dewayne Robertson next to Stroud at all. Thats another free agent who really hasn't been visiting any teams since his release. Adding those two players, along with a possible first round DE in this years draft, would significantly improve our defense. That would leave TE and LG. I think this year's draft is deep with TE's, and I believe we can snag one in the 2nd round no problem. TE Chase Coffman would be high on my list. So that would leave LG. This is the only position that gets me. Iv'e heard the filling could come through a trade, free agency, the draft. At this point it stumps me, but I still think we can get a few players for not so much 'break the bank' type money, in here through free agency.

DT is not a major need and we are still in talks with 3 Gs, and 2 LBs.

ptd86
03-20-2009, 01:09 PM
dt is a major need, we have one good dt and need 2, kyle williams can be an average 3rd DT. Raji is at the top of my list in the draft

Prov401
03-20-2009, 01:12 PM
dt is a major need, we have one good dt and need 2, kyle williams can be an average 3rd DT. Raji is at the top of my list in the draft

I agree with Raji. IMO he is the top of the tops in this draft. That is why it will shock me if he makes it to 11. Thanks for agreeing that DT is a glaring need for the Bills.

Night Train
03-20-2009, 01:18 PM
I wish the Bills could sign a Vet LB & G now, taking the pressure off the draft.

The Spaz
03-20-2009, 01:20 PM
I wish the Bills could sign a Vet LB & G now, taking the pressure off the draft.

I think a lot of people feel that way. Like I said before as it is right now we have way too many holes to fill to rely an a rookie to get it done.

madness
03-20-2009, 02:26 PM
I agree with Raji. IMO he is the top of the tops in this draft. That is why it will shock me if he makes it to 11. Thanks for agreeing that DT is a glaring need for the Bills.

I'm right there with you guys. Besides the obvious fact that we have too much $ tied up in DE, I feel outside pressure is a result of bunching up the line through pressure straight up the middle. Our OL from last year was a perfect example. We couldn't hold up against the point of attack through poor C and G play. This made our line play "tight" which made our T's cheat to the inside more and left them susceptible to the outside rush.

Beside Stroud, we had a backup DL on the field last year. We had #2 DE trying to play like a #1 and a #3 DE starting. I like Williams but I still think he'd be more useful as a very good #3 instead of an average #2. If we could get another dominate DT next to Stroud our DE play would naturally elevate. Schobel's health is obviously a huge concern but hopefully Ellis steps up his game and we grab some more promise in the draft.

I do not, however, feel comfortable drafting a DE or DT @ 11 unless Raji or Orakpo fall to us.