• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

LB & G Needed Before The Draft

Bills can't play the waiting game much longer, since the needs for starters and depth is vast. 2 Guards (1 starter ), another C, OLB starter, DE, TE & on & on..

The Draft is the next wave but rarely is it the current/contributing wave as rookies. The recent contracts from this past week ( lots of 1 year deals ) shows the bargain shopping time has arrived.

Don't get caught holding a bag of shortages, entering the draft. Get moving.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • theanswer74
    • Apr 2004

Re: LB & G Needed Before The Draft

Round 1 - DE Everette Brown/Robert Ayers/Aaron Maybin

Round 2 - OG Duke Robinson/ Andy Levitre / Max Unger

Round 3 - LB Marcus Freeman/ Scott McKillop

Round 4 - TE Travis Beckam/ Shawn Nelson/ Cornelius Ingram
    Last edited by theanswer74; 03-20-2009, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Feb 2005

get a mike goff or kendall simmons under contract for 2 years and sign june to a incentive ladden 1 year deal. fill the rest going into the draft.

Comment

• theanswer74
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
        get a mike goff or kendall simmons under contract for 2 years and sign june to a incentive ladden 1 year deal. fill the rest going into the draft.
        Bills the only team in the NFL that needs an OG? Why sign players that no one else is interested in?

Cato June and Keiaho also, no one else is looking at them. What is the hurry?

Comment

• jimbohastle51
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Feb 2005

there is a hurry for one of the vet guards because there is only 2 or 3 left in FA that can start right away with alot of good starts under there belt. and we do not need an experiment at LB with bell or chambers and a rookie backing them up. that is ridiculous especially with a QB that cant stay healthy. the reason i said goff or simmons for 2 years is because they can start this year and then we would have a solid back up for the following year until some rookies get some time under there belt. also do you honestly think that peters play is going to be better or normal with bad LG play??? it will make the whole side worse, again especially with a new C that has never started a full 16 games season in his career.

Comment

• theanswer74
            • Apr 2004

there is a hurry for one of the vet guards because there is only 2 or 3 left in FA that can start right away with alot of good starts under there belt. and we do not need an experiment at LB with bell or chambers and a rookie backing them up. that is ridiculous especially with a QB that cant stay healthy. the reason i said goff or simmons for 2 years is because they can start this year and then we would have a solid back up for the following year until some rookies get some time under there belt. also do you honestly think that peters play is going to be better or normal with bad LG play??? it will make the whole side worse, again especially with a new C that has never started a full 16 games season in his career.
            Goff is a lumbering RG near retirement. Simmons is a talented player, but coming off an Achilles injury.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by theanswer74
              Goff is a lumbering RG near retirement. Simmons is a talented player, but coming off an Achilles injury.
              i will take a lumbering RG with ove 11 years of starting NFL expirience that has lead the way for one of the best running backs in NFL history for 2 years (nearing the end of his career doesnt matter cause i only want him for 2 seasons, one of which he wouldnt start) over demetrius bell who has only been playing football for like 4 years and has NEVER played guard before and kirk chambers who is not starting NFL material. and the reason i bring those 2 up is because every other one we have not even looked at. simmons could be worth the risk if we got him cheap.

Comment

• theanswer74
                • Apr 2004

i will take a lumbering RG with ove 11 years of starting NFL expirience that has lead the way for one of the best running backs in NFL history for 2 years (nearing the end of his career doesnt matter cause i only want him for 2 seasons, one of which he wouldnt start) over demetrius bell who has only been playing football for like 4 years and has NEVER played guard before and kirk chambers who is not starting NFL material. and the reason i bring those 2 up is because every other one we have not even looked at. simmons could be worth the risk if we got him cheap.
                I would definitely take a chance on Simmons. At worst he is cheap veteran depth. Goff just doesn't get me excited. I would rather have a rookie starting.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                  Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                  • Dec 2005

I think there are way to many people over reacting on this board.

Comment

• Kenny
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
                    I think there are way to many people over reacting on this board.
                    With the way this team has played, been mis-managed, and not to mention the 9year playoff drought... I think people arent actually worried enough.

Comment

• Bmax
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by theanswer74
                      Round 1 - DE Everette Brown/Robert Ayers/Aaron Maybin

Round 2 - OG Duke Robinson/ Andy Levitre / Max Unger

Round 3 - LB Marcus Freeman/ Scott McKillop

Round 4 - TE Travis Beckam/ Shawn Nelson/ Cornelius Ingram

Mckilop is not worth a 3rd.. and Shawn Nelson will be gone in rd 2

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                        Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Kenny
                        With the way this team has played, been mis-managed, and not to mention the 9year playoff drought... I think people arent actually worried enough.
                        Sorry my life doesn't revolve around Buffalo Bills football. Does it suck this team has not been to the playoffs? Yes. Does it suck we have only had one winning season in 10 years? Yes. Does it suck this FO seems to draft all the wrong players? Yes. Does it suck this FO seems to sign all the wrong FA's? Yes. But i'm not going to get worked up about it and throw a hissy every five minutes because the Bills are not signing every single player. I have bigger problems in my life then the Bills.

I love the Bills and yes it does piss me off that this team is run by a bunch of bafoons. But throwing a tissy fit and posting every day this team sucks or this line sucks or these holes have to be filled over and over again is not going to do anything. I know you guys are realist but so am i. I just try to have a different outlook on things. I know the holes on this team just like you do but football is a game of inches and sometimes the bounces your way and changes the whole season for better and sometimes worse. Hell if the seasons went like so many around here think the Pats would have 10 super bowls by now.

Comment

• Raptor
                          • Jan 2009

The Bills have shown the past three years that they will go into the draft w/ a couple of major holes on the roster and fill it with one of the first two picks

Comment

• theanswer74
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Bmax
                            Mckilop is not worth a 3rd.. and Shawn Nelson will be gone in rd 2
                            Maybe maybe not. But Im sure he will go in the 3rd but you never know, some TE will get pushed down into the 4th. There are a bunch of them that fit what we are looking for and they are all similar.

I think McKillop is going to go in the 3rd round, just my prediction. I think he showed more speed than people thought in workouts. I think Buffalo likes him a lot.

And depending on what DE's are there @11, I think we go DE and LG #1 and #2. If the DE' s we want are gone I see the Bills taking someone like Michael Oher, who would be a great LG.
                            Last edited by theanswer74; 03-21-2009, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Kenny
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
                              Sorry my life doesn't revolve around Buffalo Bills football. Does it suck this team has not been to the playoffs? Yes. Does it suck we have only had one winning season in 10 years? Yes. Does it suck this FO seems to draft all the wrong players? Yes. Does it suck this FO seems to sign all the wrong FA's? Yes. But i'm not going to get worked up about it and throw a hissy every five minutes because the Bills are not signing every single player. I have bigger problems in my life then the Bills.

I love the Bills and yes it does piss me off that this team is run by a bunch of bafoons. But throwing a tissy fit and posting every day this team sucks or this line sucks or these holes have to be filled over and over again is not going to do anything. I know you guys are realist but so am i. I just try to have a different outlook on things. I know the holes on this team just like you do but football is a game of inches and sometimes the bounces your way and changes the whole season for better and sometimes worse. Hell if the seasons went like so many around here think the Pats would have 10 super bowls by now.
                              Call it what you want, but until this team starts winning or management does something right, -they dont deserve the benefit of the doubt.
                              While there have been some posters with some over-zealous posts, -for the most part the posts have been no different that yours, in expressing your thoughts and opinions.

And to say football is a game of inches, that bounces happen your way, and whatever happens happens, etc.... is a cop out. When was the last time a 'joke' of an organization like ours done anything serious in a football season?
                              You refer to the Pats and why they dont have 10 superbowls. Well, -luckily they're not the only team in the league to do things right. The Steelers, Eagles, and even the Dolphins now are just a few teams in the league that are run properly. And while these teams dont necessarily win the Super Bowl year in and year out, they're at least competitive.... Something the Bills havent been in a long long time.

Comment

Working...
                              X