PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Games

The Juice Is Loose
03-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Ok, so now that we have TO there is more talk about more games being played in Toronto.

I'm so sick of hearing how this team "can't survive" in western NY. We sell out more games than practically any other team in the league. Last year, there was a MINOR buzz around the team and December games were sold out in July.

The Toronto game on the other hand, was a complete joke. Nobody gave a damn, more people cheered for our opponent.

So now, we're talking about extra games in Canada.

I promise this, I won't go to a single game as long as there are games played in Canada during the regular season. I don't give a damn. If Dallas played one game a year in Mexico I wonder how the fans would like that.

If they move 2 games, again, I won't go a game and I'll stop buying jersey's hats, etc.

More than 2 games and I'm done. I don't care if they get Cutler, TO, Randy Moss, Julius Peppers, and God himself. I'll stop.

I just think its BS that a team like ours, who sells out 80,000 seats over and over are losing games, and teams like Jacksonville that have to cover half their stadium with fancy tarps to hide the fact that they can't sell tickets (even in playoff years), yet they lose nothing.

Its been 3 or 4 years hearing about this ****, and I'm sick of it.

OpIv37
03-22-2009, 10:21 AM
I don't disagree, but just so you know, gate revenue is only a small percentage of profits for an NFL team. Their viability depends on things like luxury box sales (where Buffalo really suffers), partnerships, merch sales, TV revenue, etc.

If it were based on sellouts alone, we could build a 63,000 seat stadium and sell out every game. But that's not how it works.

SABuffalo786
03-22-2009, 11:55 AM
I still think it's bull****. We're middle of the pack revenue wise.

Tiburon1724
03-22-2009, 12:06 PM
No doubt the team is doing fine financially and yes we sell out, but in order to argue our case post-Ralph, the ticket prices need to be risen substantially - then will we still sell out? Hopefully. That'll squash a huge argument other owners would have in voting for us to move.

Moving more regular season games is BS and I figured they'd try pulling this crap. I went to the UB game up there and even that was crap, the place is so tiny and I do not like a dome...part of football to me is being in the elements.

homeslice5484
03-22-2009, 05:58 PM
just move the team now if thats the plan. I am so sick of hearing about it at random moments, more bad news and reasons to worry. If the team is leaving, just take it now and get it over with us. You are doing us no favors by slowly taking it.