X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Other than TO, this off season sucks so far

We can all preach that we should never expect fireworks in the offseason as Bill's fans but honestly, this offseason has been very boring.

I don't understand why we have not signed at least two other players and made a trade for a third this offseason. IMO, the front office is failing once again in a very important year for Dick Jauron. I find it hard to believe that he can't pressure Wilson enough to complete the following inexpensive but smart transactions:

Sign:
    Cato June (by this point in FA, we won't have to pay him much and Pat Thomas sucks)
    DeSean Foster (ditto with the money that would be needed. He can compete with Jackson for the #2 RB spot)
    Duke Preston (a player like him is needed for depth)
    Kendall Simmons (if he's healthy, we need a starting LG to teach the guard the we use a draft pick on) Mike Goff is also hanging out there.

Trade:
    Tony Scheffler (If he can be had for a 4th round pick, blink an eye and get him)

With these transactions it would allow us some breathing room to really draft BPA in the draft. But let's wait until there is absolutely no one left in FA before we shore up roster positions with garbage players. The Thomas signing is a brilliant move Ralph!
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Other than TO, this off season sucks so far

I just wonder if they know what there weakest links are. They seem oblivious.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

This offseason has been an "F" if not for the Owens pickup. They have yet to address any of their other needs, which means that mediocre players (ie...Digi, Ellison, Simpson, Wilson) will again play a big role on this team next year. Not good.

Comment

• jpdex12
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by yordad
        I just wonder if they know what there weakest links are. They seem oblivious.
        Well, unless Ralph looked in a mirror he wouldn't see what the weakest link was. He apparently paid the next weakest link and extended his contract before he turned into the next weakest link.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Maybe the rumors are true and we really only have $10 million left under the cap. If this is the case, they are saving room for their draft picks and Jason Peters.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
            Maybe the rumors are true and we really only have $10 million left under the cap. If this is the case, they are saving room for their draft picks and Jason Peters.
            Do we spend our money as foolishly as any team in football?
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Adding two starters and two key reserves isnt really a bad offseason. That's addressing 4 key holes that this team had. Some of you are way too unrealistic.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82

DO the math we are about 10 million under the cap. However we can still afford a move or 2.

But the cap situation is a job for Clump

We have too much money tied up into our DE's for the production we get from any of them.

Comment

• jpdex12
                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  Adding two starters and two key reserves isnt really a bad offseason. That's addressing 4 key holes that this team had. Some of you are way too unrealistic.
                  This qualifies for the quote of the decade...or at least the last nine years!

Duh

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Than keep Dockery and resign Crowell instead of adding 2 more holes. So you added a WR and Center but got rid of your starting LB and LG.

How is that a good offseason. Essentially were at zero.

Comment

• realdealryan
                      realdealrex
                      • Nov 2005

Good teams draft.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

i think that if we sign a vet G like Goff or Simmons our offseason complete in FA, trade for scheffler or heap if avaiable on draft day maybe mccargo and a 4th or something along those lines

The in draft you take OLB and DE in either order best player available each time, and take a DT in RD 3 showering up the Dline. Dline and Oline should be the top priority
                        Rd5 u go after interior Depth at Oline
                        Rd6 FB brian southerland if he is still there or the kid form LSU
                        Rd7 I say go SS
                        that is what makes everything go
                        We got skill players and speed we need to add beef and nastiness
                        Last edited by bigbub2352; 03-23-2009, 10:07 PM.
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• jpdex12
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by realdealryan
                          Good teams draft.
                          ding ding ding ding ding...and we can't draft to save our a**es therefore we are not good.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            Than keep Dockery and resign Crowell instead of adding 2 more holes. So you added a WR and Center but got rid of your starting LB and LG.

How is that a good offseason. Essentially were at zero.
                            No we got rid of a hole at LG to begin with Dockery was getting paid as an all-pro and played like an All-JV player. Crowell is coming off a serious injury and you have no idea what his form will be like so keep Dock and resigning Crowell does not magically fill those holes they would still very much be present.

I know some people only see the starting 24 and think that's all that matters but adding key depth guys is big. I think we would all have liked to see them add one or two more players (read: Not Neccesairly Starters) but I don't see the offseason as anywhere near an F either. The Bills FO has been smart about it, gotten the best deal out there arguable and has been patient which previously was not their fortay.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

No we got rid of a hole at LG to begin with Dockery was getting paid as an all-pro and played like an All-JV player. Crowell is coming off a serious injury and you have no idea what his form will be like so keep Dock and resigning Crowell does not magically fill those holes they would still very much be present.

I know some people only see the starting 24 and think that's all that matters but adding key depth guys is big. I think we would all have liked to see them add one or two more players (read: Not Neccesairly Starters) but I don't see the offseason as anywhere near an F either. The Bills FO has been smart about it, gotten the best deal out there arguable and has been patient which previously was not their fortay.
                              That argument doesn't hold water. Dockery was not worth what he was getting paid but he still was better than what we have now. It's not like the Bills had a plan.

Hell, Whitner is overpaid for what he does on the field so should we cut him?

Again, replacement for Crowell and Dockery is _____________?

Comment

Working...
                              X