PDA

View Full Version : Other than TO, this off season sucks so far

jpdex12
03-22-2009, 10:22 AM
We can all preach that we should never expect fireworks in the offseason as Bill's fans but honestly, this offseason has been very boring.

I don't understand why we have not signed at least two other players and made a trade for a third this offseason. IMO, the front office is failing once again in a very important year for Dick Jauron. I find it hard to believe that he can't pressure Wilson enough to complete the following inexpensive but smart transactions:

Sign:
Cato June (by this point in FA, we won't have to pay him much and Pat Thomas sucks)
DeSean Foster (ditto with the money that would be needed. He can compete with Jackson for the #2 RB spot)
Duke Preston (a player like him is needed for depth)
Kendall Simmons (if he's healthy, we need a starting LG to teach the guard the we use a draft pick on) Mike Goff is also hanging out there.

Trade:
Tony Scheffler (If he can be had for a 4th round pick, blink an eye and get him)

With these transactions it would allow us some breathing room to really draft BPA in the draft. But let's wait until there is absolutely no one left in FA before we shore up roster positions with garbage players. The Thomas signing is a brilliant move Ralph!

yordad
03-22-2009, 10:32 AM
I just wonder if they know what there weakest links are. They seem oblivious.

Nighthawk
03-22-2009, 10:39 AM
This offseason has been an "F" if not for the Owens pickup. They have yet to address any of their other needs, which means that mediocre players (ie...Digi, Ellison, Simpson, Wilson) will again play a big role on this team next year. Not good.

jpdex12
03-22-2009, 04:17 PM
I just wonder if they know what there weakest links are. They seem oblivious.

Well, unless Ralph looked in a mirror he wouldn't see what the weakest link was. He apparently paid the next weakest link and extended his contract before he turned into the next weakest link.

Michael82
03-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Maybe the rumors are true and we really only have $10 million left under the cap. If this is the case, they are saving room for their draft picks and Jason Peters.

Jan Reimers
03-23-2009, 07:31 AM
Maybe the rumors are true and we really only have $10 million left under the cap. If this is the case, they are saving room for their draft picks and Jason Peters.
Do we spend our money as foolishly as any team in football?

DraftBoy
03-23-2009, 07:34 AM
Adding two starters and two key reserves isnt really a bad offseason. That's addressing 4 key holes that this team had. Some of you are way too unrealistic.

ddaryl
03-23-2009, 07:35 AM

DO the math we are about 10 million under the cap. However we can still afford a move or 2.

But the cap situation is a job for Clump

We have too much money tied up into our DE's for the production we get from any of them.

jpdex12
03-23-2009, 08:27 PM
Adding two starters and two key reserves isnt really a bad offseason. That's addressing 4 key holes that this team had. Some of you are way too unrealistic.

This qualifies for the quote of the decade...or at least the last nine years!

Duh

HHURRICANE
03-23-2009, 09:29 PM

Than keep Dockery and resign Crowell instead of adding 2 more holes. So you added a WR and Center but got rid of your starting LB and LG.

How is that a good offseason. Essentially were at zero.

realdealryan
03-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Good teams draft.

bigbub2352
03-23-2009, 10:05 PM
i think that if we sign a vet G like Goff or Simmons our offseason complete in FA, trade for scheffler or heap if avaiable on draft day maybe mccargo and a 4th or something along those lines

The in draft you take OLB and DE in either order best player available each time, and take a DT in RD 3 showering up the Dline. Dline and Oline should be the top priority
Rd5 u go after interior Depth at Oline
Rd6 FB brian southerland if he is still there or the kid form LSU
Rd7 I say go SS
that is what makes everything go
We got skill players and speed we need to add beef and nastiness

jpdex12
03-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Good teams draft.

ding ding ding ding ding...and we can't draft to save our a**es therefore we are not good.

DraftBoy
03-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Than keep Dockery and resign Crowell instead of adding 2 more holes. So you added a WR and Center but got rid of your starting LB and LG.

How is that a good offseason. Essentially were at zero.

No we got rid of a hole at LG to begin with Dockery was getting paid as an all-pro and played like an All-JV player. Crowell is coming off a serious injury and you have no idea what his form will be like so keep Dock and resigning Crowell does not magically fill those holes they would still very much be present.

I know some people only see the starting 24 and think that's all that matters but adding key depth guys is big. I think we would all have liked to see them add one or two more players (read: Not Neccesairly Starters) but I don't see the offseason as anywhere near an F either. The Bills FO has been smart about it, gotten the best deal out there arguable and has been patient which previously was not their fortay.

HHURRICANE
03-24-2009, 07:55 AM
No we got rid of a hole at LG to begin with Dockery was getting paid as an all-pro and played like an All-JV player. Crowell is coming off a serious injury and you have no idea what his form will be like so keep Dock and resigning Crowell does not magically fill those holes they would still very much be present.

I know some people only see the starting 24 and think that's all that matters but adding key depth guys is big. I think we would all have liked to see them add one or two more players (read: Not Neccesairly Starters) but I don't see the offseason as anywhere near an F either. The Bills FO has been smart about it, gotten the best deal out there arguable and has been patient which previously was not their fortay.

That argument doesn't hold water. Dockery was not worth what he was getting paid but he still was better than what we have now. It's not like the Bills had a plan.

Hell, Whitner is overpaid for what he does on the field so should we cut him?

Again, replacement for Crowell and Dockery is _____________?

Dr. Lecter
03-24-2009, 07:57 AM
Crowell did not play last year. How is he a "loss".

Dockery was terrible. Almost as mad as Fowler.
Teams do not sign 10 new starters in FA. The problem with the Bills is not this offseason. It is previous offseasons and drafts.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-24-2009, 08:08 AM
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Exactly, I whole heartly agree. Getting depth at corner and finding an improvement at the back-up qb were huge. Hangartner is an upgrade at center and we finally got a playmaker we desperatly need along side Lee. You must grade the offseason on a curve. 90% of the teams go into free agency with holes and they don't fill them all. Compared to other teams our free agency was good.

acehole
03-24-2009, 08:42 AM
Give me the guard from KC for a 6th.
TE from Denver for a 5th.
Orlando Pace after a peters trade.

And it will be a great off season.

Cover 2 LB's are easy to find in the later rounds of the draft.

Dr. Lecter
03-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Give me the guard from KC for a 6th.
TE from Denver for a 5th.
Orlando Pace after a peters trade.

And it will be a great off season.

Cover 2 LB's are easy to find in the later rounds of the draft.

A Peters trade makes the offseason a disaster.

djjimkelly
03-24-2009, 09:01 AM
how about this other then TO lee and marshawn our lovable gangsta. and 1 or 2 guys on D this team sucks. so ..........................

acehole
03-24-2009, 09:01 AM
A Peters trade makes the offseason a disaster.

You may be right but it is pionting in that direction isnt it?

We might as well make lemons out of lemonade. (Pun intended)

HHURRICANE
03-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Crowell did not play last year. How is he a "loss".

Dockery was terrible. Almost as mad as Fowler.
Teams do not sign 10 new starters in FA. The problem with the Bills is not this offseason. It is previous offseasons and drafts.

You realize that by Crowell not playing that helped contribute to the 7-9 season that we enjoyed? Add the injury to Josh Reed, Schobel and the lack of production out of Hardy, etc, etc., etc.

This team doesn't have the luxury of leaving tons of holes. The coach and owner have said "we don't have enough talent."

acehole
03-24-2009, 09:09 AM
You forgot to add total mental and physical breakdown of our qb.

You realize that by Crowell not playing that helped contribute to the 7-9 season that we enjoyed? Add the injury to Josh Reed, Schobel and the lack of production out of Hardy, etc, etc., etc.

This team doesn't have the luxury of leaving tons of holes. The coach and owner have said "we don't have enough talent."

HHURRICANE
03-24-2009, 09:18 AM
You forgot to add total mental and physical breakdown of our qb.

Again, and it has been pointed out on this board that a healthy Reed and Edwards only lost 1 game last year.

It doen't point to a QB problem but a WR and Tight End problem.

acehole
03-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Again, and it has been pointed out on this board that a healthy Reed and Edwards only lost 1 game last year.

It doen't point to a QB problem but a WR and Tight End problem.

mmm yea...no can do. It has been established on this baord nothing else maters but the qb.

Sorry you are confused but you are liable to awake the sleeping morons in the shadows....

X-Era
03-24-2009, 06:34 PM

If were only 10 under... the cap savings that we take forward will be enough to make a HUGE splash next year right?

:rolleyes: