X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Tony Scheffler is definately on the trading block

While Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler is the subject of trade rumors, Broncos tight end Tony Scheffler is definitely on the trading block, according to Pro Football Weekly.

Id give up a 3rd. I think thats fair for both. God id love this.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Tony Scheffler is definately on the trading block

We won't find a better option in the 3rd round for our TE needs, and the experience factor is a major plus for us since we have 2 up and coming TE's already on the roster.

but I wouldn't expect anything to actually go down in regards to a trade unitl the week of the draft. Which means most of us impatients will be wondering why the Bills haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

he would be a huge addition.. but it would have to be for the right price. nothing more than a 3rd round pick. because we can get one of 5 very good receiving tight ends with our 3rd rounder this year.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
        • Apr 2005

absolutely. this would be logical for buffalo. which means it probably wont happen. I cant really see him going any higher than a 3rd especially with such a TE heavy draft. Youre right, his experience would be ideal since buffalo is in a win now situation. hes so good at finding the open spots on the field. The FO has to make a move like this if their serious about helping Trent.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Feb 2005

i am pretty sure we have already had disscussions with the broncos and cook about scheffler. like i said in a post a week ago, i think that cook was in town for scheffler and not cutler. if a trade was to be done since scheffler is in the final year of his rookie deal i am sure a new contract would have to be agreed upon before the trade, thus cook being in buffalo to discuss the trade with brandon and jauron. i honestly think we are going to get him, if we do not already have paramiters of a deal in place. i think we are going to trade a 4th and mcargo or a 3rd for him and then take a OLB in the first round, and possibly jump back up either later in the first or early in the second for either barwin, or ayers.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Makes too much sense to actually happen
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Id give up a 5th but that's about it. I dont see him as worth a 3rd at this point, maybe a 4th, but definitely no more. Though it was confirmed I believe that Cook was NOT in town last week.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                Id give up a 5th but that's about it. I dont see him as worth a 3rd at this point, maybe a 4th, but definitely no more. Though it was confirmed I believe that Cook was NOT in town last week.
                You wouldn't give-up more than a 5th? This guy's averaged almost 36 catches and 494 yards a season in his 3 seasons in the NFL, and has averaged almost 45 receptions and 600 yards the past 2 seasons. I can't see any 3rd round pick this year doing this, much less a later pick. I can't even see a 1st rounder this year doing this.
                Last edited by Goobylal; 03-22-2009, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal
                  You wouldn't give-up more than a 5th? This guy's averaged almost 36 catches and 494 yards a season in his 3 seasons in the NFL, and has averaged almost 45 receptions and 600 yards the past 2 seasons. I can't see any 3rd round pick this year doing this, much less a later pick. I can't even see a 1st rounder this year doing this.
                  a 1st rounder wouldnt land Scheffler....? cmmmmon

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                    • Apr 2005

Kellen Winslow went for a 2nd and he had an 80 reception year on the dang brownies

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

i think we get him. i read on a broncos forum some where and the guy made a good point. he said that cooks has already met with the bills (which we all expected 2 weeks ago) and that cook and scheffler have already told the broncos that the bills are willing to do a deal and that they have probably already agreed to paramiters of a new contract.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

What would they be waiting for?

Comment

• Bmax
                          • Aug 2003

The going rate for TE acquired was a 2 nd and a 5th....Shockey...Winslow...

I see scheffler being below these guys ..so a 3rd..or a 4th should do it...

Bmax

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            I agree, I wouldn't give up more then a 4th rounder for him.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                              What would they be waiting for?
                              owners meetings. it is a easy place to meet in person and seal a deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X