PDA

View Full Version : TO didn't show up for OTAs (merged)

SeatownBillsFan21
03-23-2009, 11:01 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/616340.html

not surprised wish he was around tho.

venis2k1
03-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Today was the Buffalo Bills's first OTA of the year...TO was not there....Is this a sign of trouble to come, or am i reading too much into it??

Pinkerton Security
03-23-2009, 11:05 AM
not surprising in the least. but ya, would be nice to see him there

ddaryl
03-23-2009, 11:09 AM
not to concerned since this is about conditoning and strenght training, and T.O. is one of the best at keeping himself in shape.

If he doesn't show up for meetings where they are talking game plans and stuff well then I wil be upset

no peters evans stroud and a few other top dogs are not here either

ddaryl
03-23-2009, 11:11 AM
TO is in great shape and this voluntary workout is more about conditioning and strength training

evans , peters , stround, among others did not show up either

venis2k1
03-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Would been a great way to meet a lot of the players and coaches.

justasportsfan
03-23-2009, 11:20 AM
this team has been injured al lot under Dick. Maybe they are better off doing their own thing.

ddaryl
03-23-2009, 11:22 AM
this team has been injured al lot under Dick. Maybe they are better off doing their own thing.

actually I trace this back to when Tom Donahue let Rusty Jones walk...

another move that the Bills are still paying for.

justasportsfan
03-23-2009, 11:24 AM

yep.

I didn't see Peters' name on that list. Maybe his phone is busted again.

HHURRICANE
03-23-2009, 12:14 PM
TO is one of the best conditioned athletes in the game. You get what you get with him.

bigbub2352
03-23-2009, 12:22 PM
how come nobody comments that aaron schobel never shows up either?
i truly believe he hates being in buffalo and is her only for his paycheck

Tatonka
03-23-2009, 01:24 PM
how come nobody comments that aaron schobel never shows up either?
i truly believe he hates being in buffalo and is her only for his paycheck

i dont know. take a look at this.

Owens surprised everyone, including his new teammates, when he accepted the Bills’ one-year, $6.5 million offer.

"I was surprised that he would want to come to Buffalo," Schobel said. "It’s a hard area to get [free agents]. Usually, if the money is the same, they go other places, because of the weather. But for me, I’ve enjoyed it there, and I hope he’ll enjoy it.

" … He’s one of the great players of all time, so he’s going to help us."

http://www.star-telegram.com/nflinsider/story/1258630.html

gil
03-23-2009, 01:26 PM
This is absolutely no big deal

If people get fired up about this non-event, then some people are going to have a very angry year.

Ickybaluky
03-23-2009, 01:32 PM

People love to blame the strength coach, but really injuries are part of the game. There is so much more to go into it.

Besides, Jones in with Chicago now, and they had a ton of injuries last year.

Night Train
03-23-2009, 01:59 PM
He's the last guy I'm worried about.

Totally in shape & runs the quick slant or the fade in the red zone. Throw him the ball like 100 times.

It's science !

bigbub2352
03-23-2009, 02:18 PM
i dont know. take a look at this.

http://www.star-telegram.com/nflinsider/story/1258630.html

yeah i read that before,
Also have heard alot of negative things about Schobel from Sully and mark gaughn on there live blog spots and WGR55 interviews about how much money he has made here and he does nothing for the commnity, never really does interveiws, doesnt have any local charities set up
Never does interveiws with local media but will for texas media
Just saying it is all hearsay but i think he is an *******
and not worth the money we are paying him and if we could find a trade partner and pull a 3rd pick for him or something i would do it just to get his salary off the books and draft 3 DEs in the draft this year in 7 rounds

theanswer74
03-23-2009, 02:23 PM
These are workouts, OTA's are practices. If Im wrong please correct me.

49ers
03-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Don't be concerned Bills fans, TO has never ever ever ever showed for OTAs.

He says he does a better job with his own personal workouts. This isn't a sign of bad things to come. He's doing his very best, and he thinks it requires his own type of workouts, which he's done all his NFL career.

Syderick
03-23-2009, 03:31 PM
here's another source:

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/23/to-skips-first-voluntary-workout-with-bills/

Lexwhat
03-23-2009, 04:32 PM
People love to blame the strength coach, but really injuries are part of the game. There is so much more to go into it.

Besides, Jones in with Chicago now, and they had a ton of injuries last year.

I agree with you about the injuries. Even the Patriots always have their fair share of injuries as well.

However, I still don't think our conditioning program is that good.

Not like we have Mike Woicik on our team!

Bill Cody
03-23-2009, 04:52 PM
yeah i read that before,
Also have heard alot of negative things about Schobel from Sully and mark gaughn on there live blog spots and WGR55 interviews about how much money he has made here and he does nothing for the commnity, never really does interveiws, doesnt have any local charities set up
Never does interveiws with local media but will for texas media
Just saying it is all hearsay but i think he is an *******
and not worth the money we are paying him and if we could find a trade partner and pull a 3rd pick for him or something i would do it just to get his salary off the books and draft 3 DEs in the draft this year in 7 rounds

If I was him I wouldn't talk to a ***** like Jerry Sullivan either. For that matter talking to the press in general just may not be his thing, it's not the end of the world to me, I can see why THEY don't like it. And we may not know what he does for charity. You don't need to set up new charities, there's about a million of them already established. Having said that I'm take a 3rd for him.

DrGraves
03-23-2009, 04:59 PM

Absolutely nailed it!!! This team has been so injury prone the past few years... I don't want any of our players participating in these camps.

ServoBillieves
03-23-2009, 06:51 PM
I don't care that much about T.O. not being there, it's Peters and his fat, 11.5 sack letting up/penalty plagued ass that needs to get his ass there.

Mike13
03-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Oh please T.O is always in great shape, that guy has a six pack on his six pack.

justasportsfan
03-23-2009, 07:23 PM
It would nice if TO was there early so he can turn into our OC early on .

cocamide
03-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Like Iverson said: "We talkin' about OTAs. OTAs!"

Luisito23
03-24-2009, 04:35 PM
We're once again the ''it'' girl on ESPN....

Goobylal
03-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Like Iverson said: "We talkin' about OTAs. OTAs!"
It's not even OTA's. It's offseason workouts.

Ickybaluky
03-26-2009, 08:57 AM
TO says he will be there for the mandatory stuff:

"I talked to coach (Dick) Jauron prior to the start of the workouts about that," said Owens, who was honored Wednesday evening with an award at an Alzheimer's Association gala. "Right now if there's nothing mandatory that I have to be a part of, then I won't intend to be there."

Owens said he intends on attending the team's minicamp, scheduled in June. And it's possible he'll work out with his new teammates at some other point in the offseason. But the 35-year-old veteran prefers training on his own.

"I've never gone to a voluntary workout," Owens said. "I have a personal trainer. I take very good care of myself. I take pride in coming into camp in shape.

"If I'm in the area, I tend to stop by the facilities and work out with the guys. You know, I'm looking forward to that type of stuff."

LINK (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/bills/2009-03-25-owens-comments_N.htm)