PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for some Football? Bills vs Patriots to open Monday Night Football?

theanswer74
03-23-2009, 12:02 PM
DANA POINT, Calif. -- According to several sources with knowledge of the completed negotiations, the New England Patriots [team stats] will open ESPN’s Monday Night Football schedule against the Buffalo Bills on the season’s first weekend in a throwback game that also will likely turn into a throw-down-the-field game.http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1160523&srvc=sports&position=3

The Spaz
03-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Oh great....

ddaryl
03-23-2009, 12:05 PM
what a crappy way to start the season. I hate night games...

Pinkerton Security
03-23-2009, 12:07 PM
o jesus...the opportunity for a huge win, but the probability of an embarrassing loss on national TV AGAIN....

BRING EM ON!!!! if we're gonna be a playoff team, we have to start somewhere, and cant be scared of these types of games.

BAM
03-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Awesome. I hope it's in Buffalo.

Pride
03-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Sweet! I'd rather tailgate all day/night waiting for MNF when everyone is tied 0-0 than when the pats are 13-1 and we are 3-10!

Pride
03-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Awesome.

We doin it BAM? I'll bring the Grill... you bring the nachos!

BAM
03-23-2009, 12:10 PM
We doin it BAM? I'll bring the Grill... you bring the nachos!

Hell yeah if it's in B-LO!

Philagape
03-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Makes perfect sense ... Brady's return, TO's new team.

Why not? Have to play them sometime, might as well see right away how far this team has to go.

Better that than getting our hopes inflated by cupcake opponents.

HHURRICANE
03-23-2009, 12:11 PM
No Lynch, and Chambers blocking Edwards right side.

Maybe the NFL is really hoping to push the move to Toronto by embarrassing us on national TV.

The Spaz
03-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Let's hope it's at home.

theanswer74
03-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Since NE has been really good, this would be the 3rd time the Bills have opened against NE.

We won 31-0 at home and lost 19-17 @ NE, winning 17-7 at halftime. Obviously we play NE much better in season openers.

theanswer74
03-23-2009, 12:17 PM

Maybe the NFL is really hoping to push the move to Toronto by embarrassing us on national TV.

Funny because Fred Jackson went for 130 yards on them with Chambers starting at LT.

Dr. Lecter

How did you get the idea Chambers in the right side??????

THATHURMANATOR
That would be amazing.

yordad
03-23-2009, 12:18 PM
what a crappy way to start the season. I hate night games...Well ddaryl, we jinxed us. :(

BAM
03-23-2009, 12:18 PM
I'll probably get a boner if this is in Buffalo.

Mudflap1
03-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Hopefully it's not in Toronto.

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 12:21 PM
This would suck ass in so many ways.

First, it's a Monday game, which means the start of the season gets delayed roughly 33 hours. Not ****ing cool at all.

Second, since it's the first game, everyone will be watching. The Bills do not do well when under the spotlight (Cleveland and Miami games last year, Dallas and NE games the year before...).

Third, it's against a team that has absolutely owned us in recent years.

So, we are forced to wait longer for the start of the season, only to see a game that will most likely end in utter humiliation on national TV. Dammit.

homeslice5484
03-23-2009, 12:27 PM
i hate the pats games lol...we always lose!

theanswer74
03-23-2009, 12:28 PM

First, it's a Monday game, which means the start of the season gets delayed roughly 33 hours. Not ****ing cool at all.

Second, since it's the first game, everyone will be watching. The Bills do not do well when under the spotlight (Cleveland and Miami games last year, Dallas and NE games the year before...).

So, we are forced to wait longer for the start of the season, only to see a game that will most likely end in utter humiliation on national TV. Dammit.

Again, look at when we played NE on home openers. 31-0 in 2003 we won and 19-17 @ NE in 2006 we lost.

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Again, look at when we played NE on home openers. 31-0 in 2003 we won and 19-17 @ NE in 2006 we lost.

Look at how we played against NE in night games- two losses in recent years. Look at how we've done against NE overall in recent years- we haven't beat them SINCE that 2003 game. Look at how we've done in night games in recent years- I don't think we've won one since 2000.

History is not on our side here.

Mski
03-23-2009, 12:32 PM
if its in buffalo i'll be there cheering my ass off, just like i have been for the other monday nighters... at least this one we'll still beable to wear only 1 layer

venis2k1
03-23-2009, 12:33 PM
We get to ruin Bradys return!! thatll be great...Im sure Poz will help him shake some of the rust off.

homeslice5484
03-23-2009, 12:34 PM
i dont wanna play the pats on MNF...pick any other team but them.

Dr. Lecter
03-23-2009, 12:35 PM
i dont wanna play the pats on MNF...pick any other team but them.

The only good news is that it combines two likely losses into one event.

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 12:36 PM
We get to ruin Bradys return!! thatll be great...Im sure Poz will help him shake some of the rust off.

yeah, cuz Poz and the Bills have been so successful against Brady in the past :rolleyes:.

What'll happen is Brady will come back, shred us, then we'll have to listen the ESPN ****heads talk about how great he is even after his injury all night.

Pride
03-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Positives...

- Brady, even if he does play, will be rusty!
- Pats, no game film on how Buffalo uses T.O.
- The better Bills RB will start... Freddie
- 4 day weekend to do Niagara Falls and Bills Game... Awesomeness!
- The team we play has the same record that we do... 0-0

TacklingDummy
03-23-2009, 12:40 PM
The way some of you are talking Buffalo might as well forfeit the game already.

Might as well not sign anymore free agents. Also maybe they should trade all their picks to NE for a dozen footballs.

The sky is falling.

Dr. Lecter
03-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Positives...

- Brady, even if he does play, will be rusty!
- Pats, no game film on how Buffalo uses T.O.
- The better Bills RB will start... Freddie
- 4 day weekend to do Niagara Falls and Bills Game... Awesomeness!
- The team we play has the same record that we do... 0-0

1. A rusty Brady is still scary as hell and better than Bills QBs.

2. I have confidence in Schonert to come up with something tricky and creative. Not.

3. Even if that is true (and I dispute it), the Bills lose the one-two punch. Omon as #2? Or Hall as #2? Ugh. It is not losing Lynch that is the killer, it is losing the two back attack.

4. If it is in Buffalo. I am assuming it will be in Foxboro. If not, that part would be cool. A twelve hour tailgate???? Awesome!!!!

5. I can't deny that.

yordad

So, we are forced to wait longer for the start of the season, only to see a game that will most likely end in utter humiliation on national TV. Dammit.Also, it will likely show the rest of the league how to neuralize our would-be passing attack becasue we know they are gonna spank us. :(

don137
I would think ESPN would want it to be in Buffalo bbca it should be a much closer game than if it was in Foxboro.

venis2k1
03-23-2009, 12:45 PM
yeah, cuz Poz and the Bills have been so successful against Brady in the past :rolleyes:.

What'll happen is Brady will come back, shred us, then we'll have to listen the ESPN ****heads talk about how great he is even after his injury all night.

actully, i dont think poz and Brady have played against each other. But thats neither here nor there.

Just think about what your complaining about, IF we get this game. We get Monday Night Football, opening day against a div rival. The crowd will be electrifying!!! And we get our chance to steak a claim to the AFCE from the first day. HOF game, a few weeks later we are under the lights!!! Crush Marcia and the Patsies.

venis2k1
03-23-2009, 12:47 PM
I would think ESPN would want it to be in Buffalo bbca it should be a much closer game than if it was in Foxboro.

Kornholler hinted MNF may return to Buffalo durring a pti interview he did with Trent after we signed TO.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/11/pti-hints-at-a-monday-nighter-in-buffalo/

cpearl
03-23-2009, 12:48 PM
It seems that the article refers to the game in NE.

BAM
03-23-2009, 12:49 PM
actully, i dont think poz and Brady have played against each other. But thats neither here nor there.

Just think about what your complaining about, IF we get this game. We get Monday Night Football, opening day against a div rival. The crowd will be electrifying!!! And we get our chance to steak a claim to the AFCE from the first day. HOF game, a few weeks later we are under the lights!!! Crush Marcia and the Patsies.

Preach on brother. This all sounds great to me.

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 12:50 PM
The way some of you are talking Buffalo might as well forfeit the game already.

Might as well not sign anymore free agents. Also maybe they should trade all their picks to NE for a dozen footballs.

The sky is falling.

We're not signing any more FA's- if we do, they'll be backups and camp fodder.

No LG. Question mark at C. No depth on the OL. No TE. Question mark at QB. Star RB suspended. No pass rush. Big hole at OLB. Inexperienced starting CB.

The sky fell a long time ago.

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 12:52 PM

Actually, Poz got injured against NE his rookie season, so they did play part of a game against each other. But on the whole, Brady has killed us and Poz has been average at best.

First, you're assuming this is a home game- if not, that electrifying crowd works against us. Second, the crowd is always electrifying for night games- it never helps. We always lose them anyway. Third, the Pats got Brady back and made a few other minor upgrades. We got TO and dismantled our OL- do you really think that's enough to close the gap? They're going to kill us.

theanswer74
03-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Look at how we played against NE in night games- two losses in recent years. Look at how we've done against NE overall in recent years- we haven't beat them SINCE that 2003 game. Look at how we've done in night games in recent years- I don't think we've won one since 2000.

History is not on our side here.

I dont get what you want, do you want a team like Seattle again so we win 34-17 or whatever and get false hope?

Bring on NE so we can get some real confidence.

NE has kicked our butts in every game except home openers.

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 01:02 PM
I dont get what you want, do you want a team like Seattle again so we win 34-17 or whatever and get false hope?

Bring on NE so we can get some real confidence.

NE has kicked our butts in every game except home openers.

I'll take false hopes over a division loss and more embarrassment on national TV, not to mention the ESPN announcers kissing Brady's ass all game.

Your sample size is way too small. If you look at Buffalo's performance against NE in general and performance in night games, those are better indicators.

BAM
03-23-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm getting very excited about this. Pride has already sent me some great ideas for the weekend up there. I wonder when we'll know for sure where it is.

venis2k1
03-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Ill give you that the bills are not anywhere near where I would like them to be right now.

And that the pats are the 800 lb gorilla that is prolly gonna beat the crap out of us.

but there are only two possible senerios.

1. We get blown out and humiliated ...Again.
2. Or we win...and i can die a happy man.

anyway you cut it, its better than a 1 o'clock start with the same results.

Pinkerton Security
03-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Monday night games have been huge heartbreaks, but you cant deny that they have been awesome games to be at for the most part. If this is in Buffalo, the experience would be a great one, at least as a fan goes, especially leading up to the game.

theanswer74
03-23-2009, 01:15 PM
I'll take false hopes over a division loss and more embarrassment on national TV, not to mention the ESPN announcers kissing Brady's ass all game.

Your sample size is way too small. If you look at Buffalo's performance against NE in general and performance in night games, those are better indicators.

2003 opening day we win 31-0, lose 31-0 later in the season.

2006 opening day we lose in a competitive game 19-17, lose later in the season 28-6.

I expected a night game against NE anyways, opening day was when I wanted it.

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Ill give you that the bills are not anywhere near where I would like them to be right now.

And that the pats are the 800 lb gorilla that is prolly gonna beat the crap out of us.

but there are only two possible senerios.

1. We get blown out and humiliated ...Again.
2. Or we win...and i can die a happy man.

anyway you cut it, its better than a 1 o'clock start with the same results.

no, it's not.

Afternoon games are always better than night games.

First, they start earlier, which means less waiting. Second, they end earlier. I'm not in Buffalo but I'm still on the East Coast. Night games don't end until 1 am. If the Bills lose, I'm too pissed and I can't sleep. If the Bills win- well, it's been so long since the Bills won that I really cant remember, but I'd probably be too excited to sleep, especially if it was over the Patsies.

So, win or lose, it still means more waiting before the game starts and less sleeping after the game. Lose-lose.

Dr. Lecter
03-23-2009, 01:18 PM
But the night games allow for more tailgating in the afternoon and nice weather. It is not all negative.

Pride
03-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Are we really *****ing about possibly getting a Monday Nighter on Opening Weekend????

Wow... and I thought I was dramatic!

OpIv37
2003 opening day we win 31-0, lose 31-0 later in the season.

2006 opening day we lose in a competitive game 19-17, lose later in the season 28-6.

I expected a night game against NE anyways, opening day was when I wanted it.

Ok, let's try this one more time, since you're obviously not getting it: why do you select 2 games over the last 6 seasons for your comparison, while ignoring the 9 times the Patriots have beat us and the roughly 7 night games we've lost during that span? That doesn't make any sense.

And it makes even less sense because we still LOST in one of your two whole examples.

But for the record, both of those games were the first time we played NE that season. The second games were blowouts because they CHEATED and stole our signals during the first game.

OpIv37
Are we really *****ing about possibly getting a Monday Nighter on Opening Weekend????

Wow... and I thought I was dramatic!

really?

Ignoring everything else, you're HAPPY about waiting 33 extra hours for the season to start? NFL off-season is long enough without that.

Pride
03-23-2009, 01:26 PM
LOL... Seriously? You are SOOO football starved that you can't wait an extra 33 hours??

Come on Op... really?

If you're mad because you have to take an extra day off of work.... fine. If you're mad because you have to drive home late at night... fine. But to say that you are mad because of an extra 33 hours??? You're nuts!

Any Monday Night exposure in Buffalo is a good thing
Any Extended Opening Weekend is a good thing
Combine the two and it is going to be an incredible weekend! (assuming its in Buffalo)

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 01:26 PM
But the night games allow for more tailgating in the afternoon and nice weather. It is not all negative.

yeah, if you're lucky enough to live near Buffalo and get the time off of work to start tailgating in the afternoon.

Dr. Lecter
03-23-2009, 01:28 PM
yeah, if you're lucky enough to live near Buffalo and get the time off of work to start tailgating in the afternoon.

I am and I can.

I really don't give a **** about the rest of the people.

Pride
03-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Take the wife up to Buffalo and make a 4 day weekend out of it! Go see the Falls.. better yet... join us! We're going to get a few people together to go enjoy it!

Saturday night... Anchor Bar.
Sunday, Falls
Monday... FOOTBALL!!!

mybills
03-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Let's hope it's at home.
I'd rather it be in NE since we're probably gonna lose anyway. That sucks getting killed at home. :down:

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 01:30 PM
LOL... Seriously? You are SOOO football starved that you can't wait an extra 33 hours??

Come on Op... really?

If you're mad because you have to take an extra day off of work.... fine. If you're mad because you have to drive home late at night... fine. But to say that you are mad because of an extra 33 hours??? You're nuts!

Any Monday Night exposure in Buffalo is a good thing
Any Extended Opening Weekend is a good thing
Combine the two and it is going to be an incredible weekend! (assuming its in Buffalo)

Waiting is one of my pet peeves- if you'll notice, a good deal of the things I complain about are due to people making me wait or making things take longer than they should. One extra minute is one too many. It's absolutely not nuts. The Steelers will get a game on THURSDAY- that's 96 hours before our game. The rest of the NFL will be no later than 24 hours before our game- why the hell should we have to wait longer than everyone else? It sucks the fun out of opening day when the Bills aren't even friggin playing.

Monday night exposure will only be a good thing once this team starts winning. Otherwise, it just reminds the people who have forgotten about this team that they're still here and they still suck.

And yes, I'd have to take 2 days off of work to attend that game. I probably wasn't going to attend anyway, but if that's the case then I definitely won't be going.

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Take the wife up to Buffalo and make a 4 day weekend out of it! Go see the Falls.. better yet... join us! We're going to get a few people together to go enjoy it!

Saturday night... Anchor Bar.
Sunday, Falls
Monday... FOOTBALL!!!

Sounds fun but no can do. I just used a ****load of vacation days (and money) to go to South Africa, and I have to go to Rochester in October for a friends' wedding. If the Bills are home that weekend I'll probably go. Otherwise I most likely won't be able to make it to a game this year.

Ickybaluky
03-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Waiting is one of my pet peeves-

You got a whole zoo full of pet peeves.

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 01:35 PM
can't argue with that.

FlyingDutchman
03-23-2009, 01:36 PM

LOL. I knew this would burn your a$$ hair

Dr. Lecter
03-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Op should list what is not a pet peeve, rather than what is. The list would be shorter.

Cntrygal
03-23-2009, 01:43 PM
I really don't give a **** about the rest of the people.

:mad:

theanswer74
03-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Ok, let's try this one more time, since you're obviously not getting it: why do you select 2 games over the last 6 seasons for your comparison, while ignoring the 9 times the Patriots have beat us and the roughly 7 night games we've lost during that span? That doesn't make any sense.

And it makes even less sense because we still LOST in one of your two whole examples.

But for the record, both of those games were the first time we played NE that season. The second games were blowouts because they CHEATED and stole our signals during the first game.

I think your the one not getting it.

Im saying I would rather play NE opening day then later in the season.

Your telling me you would rather play Belichick after he has film on us?

We have to play NE twice, IMO our best chance to win 1 of those games is opening day.

TacklingDummy
03-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Maybe the game will be in Toronto.

rcd333
03-23-2009, 01:55 PM
O man
I might have to turn the TV on mute when the patriots are on offense. all of the espn anouncers are going to practically jerkin off watching brady's return. its gonna be like bruski's return times 100. they'll probably come up with another bs stat line like "number of times he's stepped using he's left leg" or something.

venis2k1
03-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Sounds fun but no can do. I just used a ****load of vacation days (and money) to go to South Africa, and I have to go to Rochester in October for a friends' wedding.

I hope the plane left on time.

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 02:09 PM

We have to play NE twice, IMO our best chance to win 1 of those games is opening day.

I'm telling you there are only two examples of us playing Bellicheck without film, and he won one of them.

If it was a regular Sunday game you might have a point, but it's a night game- which is an historic trouble spot for us. This team hasn't proven they have the heart to play when the pressure is on. More people watching=more pressure.

raphael120
03-23-2009, 02:18 PM

It doesn't matter when we play them, we always lose, brosef.

I'd rather lose to them low key than have a major embarrassment for the world to see.

Dr. Lecter
03-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Remember the walk of shame when you were in college?

Was it better than nobody saw you or that the entire campus saw you?

HAMMER
03-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Don't be such a ***.

yordad
03-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Monday night games have been huge heartbreaks, but you cant deny that they have been awesome games to be at for the most part. If this is in Buffalo, the experience would be a great one, at least as a fan goes, especially leading up to the game.I cannot take a third one. I came very, very, very close to killing people the last time.

Ickybaluky
03-23-2009, 02:32 PM
The game is in NE:

LINK (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/)

The Patriots closed the 2008 season on the road against the Buffalo Bills, and they're going to open the 2009 season against the Bills at home on "Monday Night Football."

League sources confirmed the Patriots' opener, which will mark the return of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and the Buffalo debut of wide receiver Terrell Owens in a matchup that pits two old rivals from the American Football League, which will have its 50th anniversary commemorated by the NFL this season.

The 7 p.m. game is expected to take place on Sept. 14;

yordad

We have to play NE twice, IMO our best chance to win 1 of those games is opening day.You want the master to give the rest of the league footage on us?

Pinkerton Security
The game is in NE:

LINK (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/)

son of a.....

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 02:39 PM
isn't Sept 14 week 2 this year?

I thought the season started the week of the 6th, which would mean NE starts on the road and the Bills could still be either at home or on the road on the 6th.

justasportsfan
03-23-2009, 02:47 PM

I realize this but who cares anymore ? What image left is there to tarnish? If anything another embarrassment will put another nail on Dicks coffin although I'm hoping for a win. I'm all for it.

THATHURMANATOR
03-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Very cool either way! Maybe we can snap Brady's other leg on national TV!

Dr. Lecter
03-23-2009, 02:50 PM

I thought the season started the week of the 6th, which would mean NE starts on the road and the Bills could still be either at home or on the road on the 6th.

http://www.nfl.com/more/nflcalendar

The opening weekend is the 10th-14th.

superbills
03-23-2009, 02:52 PM

Word is the season starts on the 10th...

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/nfl_tracker/posts/58881-report-patriots-bills-will-be-monday-night-opener?eref=sircrc&eref=fromSI

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 02:52 PM
ass.

0-1.

THATHURMANATOR
03-23-2009, 02:54 PM
****ING QUITTING BEFORE IT STARTS HUH OP? :puke:

justasportsfan
03-23-2009, 02:54 PM
our chance of beating the pats is not gonna change whether it's a 1 pm , 4 or monday night game.

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 02:59 PM
****ING QUITTING BEFORE IT STARTS HUH OP? :puke:

no, it's called making a reasonable analysis.

NE didn't lose anyone significant this off season and they made some minor upgrades, plus they get Brady back.

We have huge holes on the OL and failed to fix our pass rush or our LB situation. We still have a question mark at QB and we still have our idiot coaches.

We still haven't proven that we can win a night game.

A night game in NE is the most difficult possible game the NFL can give us. There's no reason to expect that this team can win this game.

justasportsfan
03-23-2009, 03:03 PM
no, it's called making a reasonable analysis.

NE didn't lose anyone significant this off season and they made some minor upgrades, plus they get Brady back.

We have huge holes on the OL and failed to fix our pass rush or our LB situation. We still have a question mark at QB and we still have our idiot coaches.

We still haven't proven that we can win a night game.

A night game in NE is the most difficult possible game the NFL can give us. There's no reason to expect that this team can win this game.
you've cried enough. Let it go.

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 03:03 PM
our chance of beating the pats is not gonna change whether it's a 1 pm , 4 or monday night game.

I disagree- a night game is just one more obstacle that the Bills can't seem to overcome.

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 03:04 PM
you've cried enough. Let it go.

why? What's changed? Did we fix our OL? Did we find a DE? Are we finally able to bench Ellison?

If not, we're going to lose. That's all there is to it.

scartown
03-23-2009, 03:04 PM
I hope it's a home game.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1160523&srvc=home&position=1

justasportsfan
03-23-2009, 03:05 PM
why? What's changed? Did we fix our OL? Did we find a DE? Are we finally able to bench Ellison?

If not, we're going to lose. That's all there is to it.

we already got your point so many times on this thread. We get it. Stop crying already.

I don't think we'll win either.

BAM
03-23-2009, 03:06 PM
People need to learn to just let him go.

scartown
03-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Mods please close this thread. I didn't see the other one. My appologies.

BAM
03-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Apparently it's not according to a link in the other thread about it.

gggbills
03-23-2009, 03:08 PM
can someone tell me when is opening weekend in the NFL?? Is it the first Thursday or the second one in Sept

Dr. Lecter
03-23-2009, 03:10 PM
http://www.nfl.com/more/nflcalendar

The opening weekend is the 10th-14th.

2nd Thursday.

ddaryl
03-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Go Bills

justasportsfan
03-23-2009, 03:12 PM
I disagree- a night game is just one more obstacle that the Bills can't seem to overcome.
I don't need home games , MNF , weather excuse , other advantages to win games. If we're good we're good . If we suck , we suck no matter what. Thats all there is to it.

Oaf
03-23-2009, 03:16 PM
So, win or lose, it still means more waiting before the game starts and less sleeping after the game. Lose-lose.

I love how you consider being too happy to even sleep a "lose" situation. :D: There's the indicator of a truly negative nancy.

The Spaz
03-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Confirmed Sep. 14th in Foxboro.

Stoneludlow
03-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Awesome. I hope it's in Buffalo.

It's in Foxboro if you would read the release!!!

Pride
03-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Bummer!

Dr. Lecter
03-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Bummer!

Let's take a roadtrip!

Stoneludlow
03-23-2009, 03:25 PM
It'll be the early game of the Monday Night Football season premiere for the 09-10 season.

At least we have the date and opponent set for week 1.

Oaf
03-23-2009, 03:31 PM

Agreed there. Hopefully week 2 is at home against the Pats so we can just get that portion over with and get upstream. :ill:

Stoneludlow
03-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Agreed there. Hopefully week 2 is at home against the Pats so we can just get that portion over with and get upstream. :ill:

That's wishful thinking, but the league won't let that happen.

Stoneludlow
03-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Check out this stat:

Buffalo is 9-8 overall and 8-5 in road games against AFC East opponents on Monday Night. The Sept. 14 game will mark the fifth primetime contest between Buffalo and New England.

Win will help make us look like a contender instead of the pretender that the team showed last year.

The late game that night is going to be good one to watch as well.
The MNF nightcap (10:15 pm) will be an AFC West battle as the Oakland Raiders host the three-time defending AFC West champion San Diego Chargers.

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 03:46 PM
we already got your point so many times on this thread. We get it. Stop crying already.

I don't think we'll win either.

if you got the point, then why are people still saying that we can beat NE? No one has offered an explanation as to why we can win this game. So, I really think the point bears repeating- people obviously still don't get it.

justasportsfan
03-23-2009, 03:47 PM
if you got the point, then why are people still saying that we can beat NE? No one has offered an explanation as to why we can win this game. So, I really think the point bears repeating- people obviously still don't get it.

if there's 1% chance to beat them it's still a chance.

Dr. Pepper
03-23-2009, 03:48 PM

chances are, we will lose. however, this is the NFL and any team can beat any other team on any given week (except the lions). the chances are slim, but we CAN win this game. :rockon:

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 03:52 PM
chances are, we will lose. however, this is the NFL and any team can beat any other team on any given week (except the lions). the chances are slim, but we CAN win this game. :rockon:

fair enough but I hate having to start the season with such a tough game. And I hate waiting an extra 30 hours for our kickoff. That sucks.

madness
03-23-2009, 03:53 PM
I absolutely love it! This adds to the drama of the "do or die" season and who doesn't love that T.O.'s first game as a Bill will be MNF?

This is the first chance for this team to prove themselves and very well could help define our season. Sick and tired of the mediocrity? This game could very well point to another complete rebuild which Ralph probably won't survive... that is if you all put a little more effort in wishing for another man's demise just so your football team can win. (seriously, I think your current output is pathetic. Step it up, guys!)

Don't worry though my favorite group of Bills fans... there's a very highly unlikely chance we might actually win this game which would show signs that this organization actually isn't more incompetent then the average couch potato (btw, that's you) so all your *****ing, whining and crying has good chance of carrying over to the next staff and roster! Yay.

Pinkerton Security
03-23-2009, 03:54 PM

so you think there is a 0% chance we can win?? hope is a beautiful thing brother, you should try it out. we all know deep down our chances are fairly small, but what fun is that?

Dr. Pepper
03-23-2009, 03:57 PM
fair enough but I hate having to start the season with such a tough game. And I hate waiting an extra 30 hours for our kickoff. That sucks.

I agree, especially since it's in Foxboro and I won't get to pass the time tailgating.

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 03:58 PM
so you think there is a 0% chance we can win?? hope is a beautiful thing brother, you should try it out. we all know deep down our chances are fairly small, but what fun is that?

I'd put it at about 0.5% chance.

This is the same argument I have on here every year.

There's a different between "hope" and "expectations." As a Bills fan, of course I hope the Bills win. I'll be decked out in my Bills gear watching the game like always, hoping that just once they'll beat the odds and win a big game.

But as a reasonable person, I can't possibly look at this game and expect the Bills to win for all the reasons that I've already stated.

circlethewagons
03-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Out of curiosity anyone remember which MNF crew gets the early game and which gets the late one the first week of the season? Will we be getting Kornheiser or mike and mike?

BAM
03-23-2009, 04:10 PM
It's in Foxboro if you would read the release!!!

Wasn't on the original report if you'd have read it.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Out of curiosity anyone remember which MNF crew gets the early game and which gets the late one the first week of the season? Will we be getting Kornheiser or mike and mike?
if its the early one witch i think it is it wont be the tony kornhiser team

Michael82
03-23-2009, 04:21 PM
At least we will get our road game against the Patriots over with quickly. Plus we all know that T.O. loves primetime. He may shine in that first game. :D

Michael82
03-23-2009, 04:22 PM
The other good thing, if Lynch only gets 1 game suspension, then he would be ready to play in our home opener. :up:

Stoneludlow
03-23-2009, 04:30 PM
The other good thing, if Lynch only gets 1 game suspension, then he would be ready to play in our home opener. :up:

The key word is if he gets suspended and how many games.

DrGraves
03-23-2009, 05:02 PM
great 0-1. at least we get to lose the road pats game mnf and lynch suspension all at once. 0-1 is better than 0-3 i guess.

Nighthawk
03-23-2009, 05:17 PM
great 0-1. at least we get to lose the road pats game mnf and lynch suspension all at once. 0-1 is better than 0-3 i guess.

Just think, one loss closer to getting rid of Dickey!

DraftBoy
03-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Remember the walk of shame when you were in college?

Was it better than nobody saw you or that the entire campus saw you?

Depends on who the girl was from the night before, I know a few walks I took that there was no shame involved in. The one through the Zeta house was a particularly good walk, I wish the whole campus was up to see it.

Oh and back on topic, we're going to get smoked, but Go Bills!

Don't Panic
03-23-2009, 06:46 PM
This would be the BEST time to play them... other than Lynch being suspended... Brady will be rusty, if playing at all... no one will have scouted TO as a Bill... this is the best time to play them.

ServoBillieves
03-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Anyone who isn't pumped up for this matchup has to have some issues.

The general aspects have been covered and are obvious: Tom Brady is back, Prime-Time T.O. is a Bill now, AFC East rivalry, and T.O. versus Randy Moss.

If we can excite Marcus, Aaron and Kawika on blitzes and take the bandwagon Pat's crowd out early? This is the statement game of the year.

And it comes in week one.

BRING IT ON PATSIES

Mike13
03-23-2009, 07:11 PM
I hate the Pats more than the Bills, so good luck what is your first monday nighter since well.....**** I cant remember.

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Anyone who isn't pumped up for this matchup has to have some issues.

The general aspects have been covered and are obvious: Tom Brady is back, Prime-Time T.O. is a Bill now, AFC East rivalry, and T.O. versus Randy Moss.

If we can excite Marcus, Aaron and Kawika on blitzes and take the bandwagon Pat's crowd out early? This is the statement game of the year.

And it comes in week one.

BRING IT ON PATSIES

this team has some serious issues- that's why some of us aren't pumped.

Owen DeBoard
03-23-2009, 07:15 PM
There is alot of stuff that can happen from now up until week 1 with training camp and preseason. There is always major injuries with the two. With that said it is a new season anything can happen. I know one thing is for sure I like getting my popcorn ready at night instead of the afternoon (T O dont dissapoint).

chubluv
03-23-2009, 08:37 PM
I hate the Pats more than the Bills, so good luck what is your first monday nighter since well.....**** I cant remember.

This will be our 3rd year in a row with a MNF game. It will be the first one on the road in a while though.

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 09:31 PM
This will be our 3rd year in a row with a MNF game. It will be the first one on the road in a while though.

maybe that will help. Every time we have a night game at home, the fans get drunk and act like *******s and the team doesn't show up.

psubills62
03-23-2009, 09:41 PM
maybe that will help. Every time we have a night game at home, the fans get drunk and act like *******s and the team doesn't show up.

Oh they show up...for the first 59.5 minutes (except for that 2007 SNF against NE, ouch).

At this point, I'm just thinking "what the heck, let's get it over with." If we win, great, we'll get a lot of people talking. If we lose, then it's just what everyone expects, right?

Here's hoping the beginning of 2009 is like the beginning of 2008 - except with different endings. Hey, most everyone thought Seattle and Jacksonville was a guaranteed 0-2 last year. I know, New England is different, they're always good. But that's why the first weekend is so awesome. Because you never know...

chubluv
03-23-2009, 10:25 PM

Hey not all of us were drunk ******s. I thought we as a whole were better then we received credit for. Dont get me wrong I know there were some people that let their alcohol get the better of them, but that shouldn't give us all a black eye.

What they should do if we ever get another home prime time game is not sell beer at all once the game starts. I know that will never happen because so much money will be lost. I've been a season ticket holder since 1983 & I usually get **** faced before I get into the game , and then I Dont drink any beer at the game. I have never gotten thrown or kicked out of a game with that strategy.

DrGraves
03-23-2009, 10:50 PM
maybe brady will be rusty in his comeback... then again, the bills have no pass rush so he will be able to beat us anyways.

M
03-24-2009, 08:33 AM
**** the Pats. Wouldn't it be nice to bring it to them and beat them in their own house?! I hope the Bills don't have most of your naysayer attitudes - they might as well forfeit the game before training camp.

:gobills:

mybills
03-24-2009, 11:07 AM
**** the Pats. Wouldn't it be nice to bring it to them and beat them in their own house?! I hope the Bills don't have most of your naysayer attitudes - they might as well forfeit the game before training camp.

:gobills:
Wanna go? I think I can get us tickets.

M
03-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Wanna go? I think I can get us tickets.

Are you serious?? Hell yeah!!

cocamide
03-24-2009, 11:19 AM
At this point, I'm just thinking "what the heck, let's get it over with." If we win, great, we'll get a lot of people talking. If we lose, then it's just what everyone expects, right?

If we lose, then everyone will be crying about how horrible the Bills are, how cheap Ralph is, how inept our coaches are, etc.

If we win, people will be reserving flights to Miami for the SuperBowl, hailing TO has the greatest player of all time, saying that TE is the next Jim Kelly, etc.

mybills
03-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Are you serious?? Hell yeah!!
I'll let you know. How far is Gillette for you..I'm only 40 mins.

M
03-24-2009, 01:03 PM
I'll let you know. How far is Gillette for you..I'm only 40 mins.

About 2 hours ...

Historian
03-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Call this one a loss....

jamze132
03-24-2009, 04:51 PM
So after Week 1 we are already eliminated. ****.

bledslow
03-25-2009, 04:22 AM
If the pats don't hang 35 points up on this sorry azz defense(minimum) of the future california bills ,i'd be shocked.

shawn springs always plays owens tough,so t.o should be a complete non-factor.

Pats will be at home,so buf can't exploit there injured t.e like they did last year(disgusting on there part imo) before the sun night game.

Dr. Lecter
03-25-2009, 05:57 AM
Actually, TO has torched Springs a bunch of times.