PDA

View Full Version : The media is up to their old antics again!

X-Era
03-23-2009, 05:47 PM
TO not showing up to a voluntary OTA makes ESPN's top news.

The idiots are now calling him missing it a "negative tone" and are speculating that Trent sounded unhappy about it.

Thats so odd... I guess they will have lots to cover when they also have top stories on these other Bills players that werent there:

Aaron Schobel
Marcus Stroud
Ryan Denney
Jason Peters
Leodis McKelvin
Donte Whitner
Marshawn Lynch
Fred Jackson

Thats just off the top of my head.

Frikkin ridiculous hacks!

Goobylal
03-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Get used to it. ESPN is garbage.

X-Era
03-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Get used to it. ESPN is garbage.

Well, it IS the Pats rival...

They have to actually lift their heads out of the laps of Marcia Brady, Belichump, and the messiah... Teddy Bruschi.

They dont like having to cover other teams... it requires real work.

YardRat
03-23-2009, 06:11 PM
I was going to say get used to it, but Gooby beat me to it.

TO and Buffalo Bills football, in that order, are going to be all over the national media this season. This team is going to be under a microscope like they've never been before except for maybe (and I emphasize [i]maybe[/]) the Super Bowl years.

Hopefully it ends up mostly positive because we are winning and TO is producing.

Goobylal
03-23-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm more pissed that Peters missed it than TO. TO keeps himself in amazing shape.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-23-2009, 06:37 PM
ESPN Hates TO with a passion anytime they get a chance they WILL slam him so we should all get use to it.

yordad
03-23-2009, 07:29 PM
ESPN Hates TO with a passion anytime they get a chance they WILL slam him so we should all get use to it.WHy do they hate him?

DynaPaul
03-23-2009, 07:34 PM
"He Hate Me"

cocamide
03-23-2009, 07:41 PM
ESPN Hates TO with a passion anytime they get a chance they WILL slam him so we should all get use to it.

They love him. People like him, Manny Ramirez, Alex Rodriguez, and Brett Favre help pay for all of ESPN's employees' paychecks.

realdealryan
03-23-2009, 09:13 PM
It was on the NFLN ticker today. But, hey, we knew what we were in for.

I was more on board when I thought it was a sign that we would pounce on other free agents that filled needs...

SeatownBillsFan21
03-23-2009, 09:20 PM
They love him. People like him, Manny Ramirez, Alex Rodriguez, and Brett Favre help pay for all of ESPN's employees' paychecks.
No they dont love him well maybe the ceo but pretty much all the analyst have it out for TO and to think any different is silly watch anyone of them guys on NFL live and they have nothing good to say about the guy they had him pegged for retirement cause they all thought no1 would pick him up and made calls to teams to confirm they wouldnt sign him like. Breaking News the Giants have no interest in TO and so and so forth. name one player ESPN has ever done that to.

HHURRICANE
03-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Schobel was on his sofa when the TO news came across his TV.

OpIv37
03-23-2009, 09:32 PM
TO not showing up to a voluntary OTA makes ESPN's top news.

The idiots are now calling him missing it a "negative tone" and are speculating that Trent sounded unhappy about it.

Thats so odd... I guess they will have lots to cover when they also have top stories on these other Bills players that werent there:

Aaron Schobel
Marcus Stroud
Ryan Denney
Jason Peters
Leodis McKelvin
Donte Whitner
Marshawn Lynch
Fred Jackson

Thats just off the top of my head.

Frikkin ridiculous hacks!

so basically, everyone who matters except Evans and Edwards skipped out. Great.

realdealryan
03-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Schobel was on his sofa when the TO news came across his TV.
Exactly. This dude makes a good play and when players come over to congratulate and celebrate with him - half of the time he's not interested. He's not a crazy team guy and it's a non-issue that he doesn't show up and he's going to get more loot that TO this year (I think).

Romes
03-23-2009, 09:43 PM
The bigger news, IMO, is that Jason Peters isn't there.

psubills62
03-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Gotta say, I'm MUCH more worried about Peters skipping than TO. I know, it's only voluntary workouts. But is this a sign of things to come?

historypete
03-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Exactly. This dude makes a good play and when players come over to congratulate and celebrate with him - half of the time he's not interested. He's not a crazy team guy and it's a non-issue that he doesn't show up and he's going to get more loot that TO this year (I think).

Funny you say that Schobel is not a team guy because I've noticed that for a while. This goes beyond the games. I've worked training camp for Fisher the past few years and whenever I cover the locker area Schobel is always walking to and from practice by himself, usually on the phone. He never talks to anyone. It might be he is just a quiet guy, but unlike everyone else he always is by himself.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-23-2009, 09:50 PM
I agree Peters and AS should have been there over TO but they weren't so wheres there heads at??

X-Era
03-24-2009, 05:51 AM
The bigger news, IMO, is that Jason Peters isn't there.

Absolutely!

BY why should the media make a story out of that? Its not like they can poke him into being a jerk.

Its completely no big deal for either player to miss it. If either misses mandatory meetings, then I will worry.