PDA

View Full Version : Compensatory Draft Picks Announced

Romes
03-23-2009, 09:00 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/23/2009-compensatory-draft-picks/

And the Bills (to little surprise) did not get any.

DraftBoy
03-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Boooo!!!

The Spaz
03-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Rich get richer.:mad:

Tatonka
03-23-2009, 09:46 PM
someone please explain to me how new england gets a 3rd, 5th, and 6th??????

are they trying to make up for the 1st round they took when the patriots got caught cheating???

Romes
03-23-2009, 09:52 PM

are they trying to make up for the 1st round they took when the patriots got caught cheating???

The third is because they lost Samuel and did not replace him with a FA vet. The rest... :idunno:

The Spaz
03-23-2009, 10:16 PM

They got the 3rd for losing Asante Samuel and he made the pro-bowl which was the highest comp you can get. God I hate the Pats.

ParanoidAndroid
03-23-2009, 10:21 PM
You hate them for losing a pro-bowl player?

The Spaz
03-23-2009, 10:26 PM
You hate them for losing a pro-bowl player?

Don't be stupid. I hate them because we always lose to them. I also hate them because no matter what they always seem to come out on top somehow.

X-Era
03-24-2009, 05:52 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/23/2009-compensatory-draft-picks/

And the Bills (to little surprise) did not get any.

And also, to little surprise, the Pats got "serviced" by the league again.

DraftBoy
03-24-2009, 07:41 AM
Not that I love the Pats or anything but these picks are awarded by a forumla system thats available for people to look at. Every year one guy does all the math and accurately perdicts like 99% of the comp picks, he's so good he made Overdorf and CB look like idiots last year for saying we wouldn't get any when we in fact got 2.

The NFL did not service the Pats, thats just a way a good dynasty works you let players go when you longer need them and you replace them with good players behind them.

methos4ever
03-24-2009, 08:22 AM
DB,
The guy that figured out the formula has actually just made a really good approximation; the formula - to the NFL people - is actually secret. No one "really" knows, but he's pretty much figured it out.

DraftBoy
03-24-2009, 10:41 AM
DB,
The guy that figured out the formula has actually just made a really good approximation; the formula - to the NFL people - is actually secret. No one "really" knows, but he's pretty much figured it out.

This is true but if somebody can figure it out who isnt in the NFL, I dont think the NFL is changing it every year to help out certain teams like a vast conspiracy. I think the guy who perdicts these things nailed the entire AFCE before it was announced so unless he's in on the NFL servicing the Pats too...

methos4ever
03-25-2009, 09:47 AM
This is true but if somebody can figure it out who isnt in the NFL, I dont think the NFL is changing it every year to help out certain teams like a vast conspiracy. I think the guy who perdicts these things nailed the entire AFCE before it was announced so unless he's in on the NFL servicing the Pats too...
Very good point. I think the Ravens and Pats have had the most in the last 12-13 years, and that has more to do with them trusting their system and scouting than a conspiracy...

SABURZFAN
03-27-2009, 08:33 AM
They got the 3rd for losing Asante Samuel and he made the pro-bowl which was the highest comp you can get. God I hate the Pats.

if that's the case, the Steelers got hosed for losing Faneca.