PDA

View Full Version : Same Old Sabres

chernobylwraiths
03-24-2009, 06:27 AM
Here's how I think the rest of the season will go. Ryan Miller will come back and the Sabres will put forth a REAL effort. They will win games. They will come within 2 points of a playoff spot, but in the end, they will lose and be just out of the playoffs. They will secure maybe the 11th or 12th spot in the draft. They will keep all of their coaches and front office because they "showed some real spark there at the end". That is what I think will happen.

Then, on to free agency and picking up that one journeyman player we need to win the cup.

I think I'm going to be sick. The Bills and the Sabres are the same team.

SabreEleven
03-24-2009, 06:50 AM
Of course this will happen. Give us the taste of hope and than just rip out from underneath us. I think I would rather see them finish off 0 for 12.

I'm not going to be sick over this because this happens so often it is status quo...

bigbub2352
03-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Not that i dont agree with this thread cause i do, but why would the team be so motivated by a goalie coming back, shouldnt they be motivated to Win the stanley cup?
Isnt that the whole point?
this roster is guttless
I have not been more ashamed of a lineup in a longtime

JD
03-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Not that i dont agree with this thread cause i do, but why would the team be so motivated by a goalie coming back, shouldnt they be motivated to Win the stanley cup?
Isnt that the whole point?
this roster is guttless
I have not been more ashamed of a lineup in a longtime

Your post makes me wish this was all a dream. How far we have come in a few short years. But hey, Boston has turned things around rather quickly.. lets hope we can learn from them! We probably wont, though.

bigbub2352
03-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Your post makes me wish this was all a dream. How far we have come in a few short years. But hey, Boston has turned things around rather quickly.. lets hope we can learn from them! We probably wont, though.
i think they have an owner who actually cares and will make moves, not sign for bargain and potential and hope things turn out like we did
We are paying for the mistakes of our front office over the last 3 years and will continue to pay for them if we stand pat and do nothing like we always do

Nighthawk
03-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Anybody catch Ruff on WGR this morning? They've already started using excuses of why they aren't good enough. The big one is that Miller has been hurt...who didn't know this was coming? This organization is truly clueless on how to build a championship team and they are preparing every excuse they can for the collapse. What a joke this team is and now Ruff is becoming a joke also.

bigbub2352
03-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Anybody catch Ruff on WGR this morning? They've already started using excuses of why they aren't good enough. The big one is that Miller has been hurt...who didn't know this was coming? This organization is truly clueless on how to build a championship team and they are preparing every excuse they can for the collapse. What a joke this team is and now Ruff is becoming a joke also.

Its always excuses, when is it gonna be our roster isnt good enough so this offseason we will make moves to bring players in here to help us win games give us tuffness and leadership.....

don137
03-24-2009, 01:21 PM
The Miller excuse is very lame...Last I checked New Jersey lost Brodeur for a much longer period yet they are in the playoffs...

JD
03-24-2009, 11:09 PM
i think they have an owner who actually cares and will make moves, not sign for bargain and potential and hope things turn out like we did
We are paying for the mistakes of our front office over the last 3 years and will continue to pay for them if we stand pat and do nothing like we always do

I don't think Golisano cares. When was the last time we seen him? He'll try selling the team after this year I bet.