PDA

View Full Version : Edwards to seek input from Brees

The Spaz
03-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Last offseason Trent Edwards added 12 pounds of muscle to his upper body and he was convinced it helped him sustain the beating that comes with being an NFL quarterback. In preparing for 2009 Edwards has plans to do additional work on his body with the hope of getting input from a NFL Pro Bowl signal caller.

“I think every year, you’re trying to change some things, trying to get better,” said Edwards. “The guy that I’m hoping to get in touch with, that I spent a little bit of time this offseason with, that I felt like has really improved his physique, and as he gets older, he gets better is Drew Brees.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/edwards-to-seek-input-from-brees/8d6677a4-f614-4b86-bfdd-6da176c56dcf

Pinkerton Security
03-24-2009, 09:47 AM
I reaaaally feel like Trent has the motivation and the attitude to be a real good QB....god i hope he puts it together!!!!

yordad
03-24-2009, 09:52 AM
I reaaaally feel like Trent has the motivation and the attitude to be a real good QB....god i hope he puts it together!!!!He says the right things. I hope he can win my opinion over. Actions speak louder then words though.

psubills62
03-24-2009, 09:52 AM
I reaaaally feel like Trent has the motivation and the attitude to be a real good QB....god i hope he puts it together!!!!

Agreed. I think the difference that I see in Trent is that he's not just going around saying "Well, we've got more experience, I think we're going to be better this year because of it." He's actually pinpointing some reasons why he didn't do as well, or reasons why he didn't quite make it through a whole NFL season, and he's doing tangible things to fix them.

Like last year when he worked out specifically with Evans during the offseason. I think it made a huge difference, especially during the first 4 games before the concussion. It was obvious that he was comfortable throwing to Evans downfield.

This year, his shoulder got sore, so he's going to work with one of the best passers out there to improve his throwing motion.

I really like Edwards, and I hope he succeeds. And if he doesn't, it's not for lack of trying.

The King
03-24-2009, 10:08 AM
His background really helps him in this field. Being a Stanford guy he isn't an ego maniac he's really a disciplined player. I think his attitude will really help with TO too.

Commissioner
03-24-2009, 10:10 AM
This is very smart of Edwards. Remember Drew Brees had a very serious shoulder injury right before the Chargers let him go. He must have an incredible training regimen to get his shoulder back to where he can throw for 5000 yards.

Mahdi
03-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Last offseason Trent Edwards added 12 pounds of muscle to his upper body and he was convinced it helped him sustain the beating that comes with being an NFL quarterback. In preparing for 2009 Edwards has plans to do additional work on his body with the hope of getting input from a NFL Pro Bowl signal caller.

“I think every year, you’re trying to change some things, trying to get better,” said Edwards. “The guy that I’m hoping to get in touch with, that I spent a little bit of time this offseason with, that I felt like has really improved his physique, and as he gets older, he gets better is Drew Brees.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/edwards-to-seek-input-from-brees/8d6677a4-f614-4b86-bfdd-6da176c56dcf
Im glad Edwards recognizes his faulty mechanics. He is an arm thrower and that increases the stress he puts on his shoulder to make the throws. If he can get that fixed and start putting the rest of his body into his throws, he will be able to deliver the ball with more zip and accuracy and maybe, just maybe, make the tough throws down the middle and through the seems of the field.

justasportsfan
03-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Barring injuries I think he'll be a really good qb. He just needs to work on his mental toughness because he tends to lose confidence in himself or his teammates when things go wrong.

streetkings01
03-24-2009, 10:20 AM
He says the right things. I hope he can win my opinion over. Actions speak louder then words though.It shouldn't take much to do that....you were a die hard Losman fan!:crap:

justasportsfan
03-24-2009, 10:22 AM
It shouldn't take much to do that....you were a die hard Losman fan!:crap:

this thread is about Trent.

Pinkerton Security
03-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Im glad Edwards recognizes his faulty mechanics. He is an arm thrower and that increases the stress he puts on his shoulder to make the throws. If he can get that fixed and start putting the rest of his body into his throws, he will be able to deliver the ball with more zip and accuracy and maybe, just maybe, make the tough throws down the middle and through the seems of the field.

exactly. he said that part about using his legs more and i thought, "Duh!"

as someone who used to pitch, at least in HS, our coaches always harped on strengthening our legs because that is where you generate power when throwing, by pushing off the back leg. Hopefully the conditioning coaches can help him get that strength, and Drew can help him utilize it.

I also love how Trent is sortof surrounding himself with people who are successful...how often do you remember JP reaching out to other QBs for guidance? Just like my boy Jonny Flynn, who worked out in the offseason with Chris Paul, Lebron, and others, learning from the best can only make you better, certainly cant hurt.

HHURRICANE
03-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Again, when Reed was on the field they lost one game together, against the Pats.

streetkings01
03-24-2009, 10:59 AM
this thread is about Trent.And???

justasportsfan
03-24-2009, 11:03 AM
And???

It's not about JP. Is that so hard ?

streetkings01
03-24-2009, 11:42 AM
It's not about JP. Is that so hard ?Yes.....yes it is!:D:

Pinkerton Security
03-24-2009, 12:21 PM
It's not about JP. Is that so hard ?

who is this JP fellow? I dont think there's anyone called that on our team right now, other than perhaps Jason peters.

topher180
03-24-2009, 01:34 PM
You know, good for Trent, but I'm sorry stories like this on BB.com really irritate me. I know news is slow going right now but seriously, I don't care. Just my opinion.

Tatonka
03-24-2009, 01:53 PM
i just dont know about him to be honest. the qb that i saw in some of those games looked like a highschool backup. the game against cleveland was as bad a game as i have ever seen by an nfl qb.

justasportsfan
03-24-2009, 02:40 PM
i just dont know about him to be honest. the qb that i saw in some of those games looked like a highschool backup. the game against cleveland was as bad a game as i have ever seen by an nfl qb.

I hope his failures were due to bad coaching.I wished we hired Josh MCdaniels .

SabreEleven
03-24-2009, 02:53 PM

I always thought this too. He doesn't use his body and doesn't bring his arm high enough when he throws. I always thought Jim Kelly had the best mechanics when throwing a football. Maybe Kelly could work with him too.

acehole
03-24-2009, 06:54 PM
He also asked via text Troy from Highschool Musical how he keeps his hair so full and if they can teach him to dance......

Jaybird
03-24-2009, 10:15 PM
The guy is trying to do whatever he can to improve as a player, can't hate on that. He needs to improve his consistency, however, that comes with time, and games played.

jimbohastle51
03-25-2009, 01:46 AM
the most important thing he should ask drew brees is how do you stay healthy for 16 games?? brees is not only an elite QB (any of you that know me on here know that my second team is the saints as i live close to and travel to NO alot) he also over came a major injury and has stayed totally healthy since coming back from it.