PDA

View Full Version : First Round Scenario

TonyBlack
03-24-2009, 06:10 PM
i say trade peters & the 2nd round pick to rams for their number 2 first round pick and draft "brian orakpo"...and with our regular first round we could draft "andre smith"... good idea?

Orakpo is a "TOP 10" guy.

Jaybird
03-24-2009, 06:30 PM
curry at #2, and I would be happy.

SquishDaFish
03-24-2009, 06:55 PM
I like it but a T at #2 and then best DE/LB at our pick

SeatownBillsFan21
03-24-2009, 06:57 PM
That would make me happy

DrGraves
03-24-2009, 06:58 PM
i don't think they would go for that.

TacklingDummy
03-24-2009, 07:13 PM
curry at #2, and I would be happy.

Agreed. If the Bills somehow get ahead of Cleveland in the Draft they should draft Curry.

justasportsfan
03-24-2009, 07:31 PM
You think Ralphy would pay someone close to what peters is asking for without proving a thing? I doubt it.

X-Era
03-24-2009, 07:38 PM
You think Ralphy would pay someone close to what peters is asking for without proving a thing? I doubt it.

I agree with this because it seems so silly when were are talking about this in the context of not wanting to pay for a proven player in favor of paying virtually as much for an unproven one.

justasportsfan
03-24-2009, 07:50 PM
I agree with this because it seems so silly when were are talking about this in the context of not wanting to pay for a proven player in favor of paying virtually as much for an unproven one.
I would rather take a risk on Peters getting back to 07 form than a rookie making any huge impact this season especially under this staff.

What rookie has this staff drafted thats made a huge impact in their rookie year enough to say they are playing up to level where we drafted them? McCargo? Hardy? Poz? Whitner? Fine? ellis?

The closest is Lynch which is arguable and even then, he's turned into a headache for this team. Seems to me we get the most value out of our players in the later rounds by luck.

McKelvin to me has the brightest future out of all of them but even he didn't make enough of an impact to get this team beyond 7-9. Once he becomes proven I am starting to think he'll either be traded too for picks because he'll become too expensive for us to keep and we're back to square 1.