Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Peters could hold interest for Eagles.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Peters could hold interest for Eagles.

the eagles do have 2 firsts, if I'm not mistaken..

Comment

• venis2k1
      Youboty can hope
      • Jul 2002

The whole Peters debacle is very unfortunate. We just need to remember that he is under contract for 2 more years. We have all the hand in this situation.

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by venis2k1
        The whole Peters debacle is very unfortunate. We just need to remember that he is under contract for 2 more years. We have all the hand in this situation.
        I agree. The Bills really have all the cards. They could make Peters play out his last two years and then franchise him for another which will still make him a lot cheaper over the course of the next three years then if the Bills caved in to his demands.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Originally posted by don137
          I agree. The Bills really have all the cards. They could make Peters play out his last two years and then franchise him for another which will still make him a lot cheaper over the course of the next three years then if the Bills caved in to his demands.
          The trouble is, Peters tends to play like crap when he's unhappy, and he won't be happy until he has a new, rich contract. I'm moving more and more in the direction of trading the big, fat malcontent while he still has value.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Unless Philly is willing to hand over both of their 1sts I would say he is not getting traded.

Peters is under contract he will only hurt his own worth by holding out. If he decides to play through the contract he is taking a lot of risk

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
              • Feb 2009

Hey I'd take Phillys first pick and a seconder rounder or a first/ Max Jean-Giles but I just don't even see them doing that. Peters will soon realize that it will be hard for him to get traded due to his tough demands and we will get him signed. My prediction is 5 years at 52 million with 31 guarenteed.

Comment

• streetkings01
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                The trouble is, Peters tends to play like crap when he's unhappy, and he won't be happy until he has a new, rich contract. I'm moving more and more in the direction of trading the big, fat malcontent while he still has value.
                One more year like last year and we wont even be able to give Peters away!
                You can call me streetkings

Comment

• Ed
                  Dude
                  • Sep 2002

I really hope Peters just gets extended and we can be done with this, but at this point I would definitely consider taking 2 1st's from Philly. I mean even if we do make the playoffs, Peters will probably get hurt at the end of the year and have to miss the playoffs anyway.

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

If the Eagles really are interested, its a clear sign that retaining Peters is the right thing to do.

Comment

• Thurmal
                      • Oct 2005

Is there any other team in the league that wouldn't find a way to restructure his contract?

He could be the best find in football over the last 5-7 years -- an undrafted TE to perennial Pro Bowl left tackle. The reason you have a scouting dept. is to dig up diamonds in the rough and have them contribute to your team -- not coach them into great players only to trade them away in their prime. How far could they possibly be off numbers-wise?
                      "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Thurmal
                        Is there any other team in the league that wouldn't find a way to restructure his contract?

He could be the best find in football over the last 5-7 years -- an undrafted TE to perennial Pro Bowl left tackle. The reason you have a scouting dept. is to dig up diamonds in the rough and have them contribute to your team -- not coach them into great players only to trade them away in their prime. How far could they possibly be off numbers-wise?

the Bills have an offer that was apporximately 3 million a season apart from what Peters wants. Peters wants to be the highest paid LT in the game and that goes to Jake Long, Miami's 1st rd pick in 2008 at 11.5.

I think Peters needs to accept the Bills offer as it is right now, or play on his existing deal and wait till 2011 and risk career injury to be a UFA, or hold out some more and ruin his own chances at a payday later on . His gamble, he has a bird in the hand, but IMO Peters wants the 2 in the bush.

Bills hold most of the cards.

Comment

• Thurmal
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                          the Bills have an offer that was apporximately 3 million a season apart from what Peters wants. Peters wants to be the highest paid LT in the game and that goes to Jake Long, Miami's 1st rd pick in 2008 at 11.5.

I think Peters needs to accept the Bills offer as it is right now, or play on his existing deal and wait till 2011 and risk career injury to be a UFA, or hold out some more and ruin his own chances at a payday later on . His gamble, he has a bird in the hand, but IMO Peters wants the 2 in the bush.

Bills hold most of the cards.
                          It wouldn't shock me at all if he did something dumb like held-out or tanked the season with poor play b/c he is unhappy. We're talking about a guy who, I believe, scored single digits on the Wonderlic test.
                          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• TonyBlack
                            • Feb 2009

if philly trade both of their first picks for peters either they on period or pregnant lmfao

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

i firmly believe that they will resign him. they cant afford to play this season, especially after giving T.O. 6.5 million guaranteed with out a LG C and LT. sure we can draft one sure starter (a LT at 11) but we cant afford to draft a LT at 11 and a LG with our second. that is crazy and we have too many other wholes with those picks. and hangartner is a HUGE unknown. he was never a starter by winning the job. they drafted a starting center when they already had him on the roster and remember kris jenkins beat him up in practice for years obviously (he never won the starting job out of training camp) and now he will go against him 2wice a year. i think there is no way they can not sign peters. if they trade for waters then maybe you can draft a LT at 11 but really we need to use that pick elsewhere and honestly we are not getting a top tackle at 11. in all likelyhood we will be getting the 4th best tackle. monroe, the kid from baylor and either the kid from alabama or oher will be gone if not all of them by 11.

Comment

Working...
                              X