PDA

View Full Version : Scarey Comments by Dick

mchurchfie
03-25-2009, 09:20 AM
“We’re in pretty good shape,” Jauron said of the offensive line.

On Keith Ellison

“Keith is our starter,” Jauron said. “He’s done a really nice job for us whenever he’s stepped in and played. He’s very smart, very athletic, a tough guy and a great teammate.

On Donte

“Donte has played well at both positions, strong and free.

:hang:

bigbub2352
03-25-2009, 09:22 AM
Cheap and Sad is all i can say to those comments, we have been 7-9 for 3 yrs and we are still promoting from within and keeping guys who are clearly overmatched on the roster, please go 0-4 so DJ gets fired and we can start rebuidling again
TO signing was nothing more than to sell tickets here and in Toronto nothing more
If these commments hold true then this organization has no intentions of winning
Sad so sad

Novacane
03-25-2009, 09:24 AM
How can you fix it if you don't think it's broken. :rolleyes:

venis2k1
03-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Jauron is not the kind of guy to throw anyone under the bus. let alone one of his own players.

Mahdi
03-25-2009, 09:26 AM
“We’re in pretty good shape,” Jauron said of the offensive line.

On Keith Ellison

“Keith is our starter,” Jauron said. “He’s done a really nice job for us whenever he’s stepped in and played. He’s very smart, very athletic, a tough guy and a great teammate.

On Donte

“Donte has played well at both positions, strong and free.

:hang:
The fact is... as of right now, he is our starter. FA isn't over and there is still a draft. Im pretty sure he isn't going to name Clint Sintim the starter at OLB for us just yet.

mchurchfie
03-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Jauron is not the kind of guy to throw anyone under the bus. let alone one of his own players.
As noble as that is it is also one of his biggest downfalls.

OpIv37
03-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Some of it is coachspeak. Like it or not, we're not replacing Whitner no matter what. And we may or may not be able to upgrade the OL or the LB position. If we fail to do so, the last thing Jauron wants to do is destroy the confidence of the guys we have. He's not going to publicly criticize them, and I'd be surprised (and VERY disappointed) if these comments reflected his true opinions.

At the same time, he could be priming the fans for the fact that we won't be upgrading....

Jan Reimers
03-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Can anyone imagine Vince Lombardi talking like that?

venis2k1
03-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Can anyone imagine Vince Lombardi talking like that?

Vince Lombardi didn't live in an age of 24 hour sports networks.

THATHURMANATOR
03-25-2009, 09:31 AM
Some of it is coachspeak. Like it or not, we're not replacing Whitner no matter what. And we may or may not be able to upgrade the OL or the LB position. If we fail to do so, the last thing Jauron wants to do is destroy the confidence of the guys we have. He's not going to publicly criticize them, and I'd be surprised (and VERY disappointed) if these comments reflected his true opinions.

At the same time, he could be priming the fans for the fact that we won't be upgrading....
Yep on both accounts.

bigbub2352
03-25-2009, 09:31 AM

If history tell us anything that is exactly what he is doing, priming us up for disappointment
I have been saying all along that we will stand pat at DE cause of the money we have tied up with the underperforming whiteboys
We will be looking at HOPEFULLY OLB at 11 and LG at 42
sad we are going to go into the draft needing 4-5 starters hope we are not done and add some FAs still but it sure doesnt look that way

HHURRICANE
03-25-2009, 09:37 AM

Smart post.

As for Ellison he is simpley horrible. I watched him play last year and he was one of the slowest players on the field.

How anyone can believe that this guy is somehow a starter is mind boggling.

Chambers at RG is less scary than Ellison on the field.

Jan Reimers
03-25-2009, 09:44 AM
Vince Lombardi didn't live in an age of 24 hour sports networks.
I simply like coaches who speak more openly, and are not so politically correct. If Jauron were successful, I wouldn't mind his meek and mild approach so much. But he's not, and his "wouldn't say s**t if he had a mouthful" routine is wearing thin.

Jeff1220
03-25-2009, 09:50 AM
I simply like coaches who speak more openly, and are not so politically correct. If Jauron were successful, I wouldn't mind his meek and mild approach so much. But he's not, and his "wouldn't say s**t if he had a mouthful" routine is wearing thin.

No doubt. I wouldn't mind seeing a Jim Mora Sr. type rant right about now.

Mahdi
03-25-2009, 09:54 AM
Smart post.

As for Ellison he is simpley horrible. I watched him play last year and he was one of the slowest players on the field.

How anyone can believe that this guy is somehow a starter is mind boggling.

Chambers at RG is less scary than Ellison on the field.
Ellison is not a playmaker but he is certainly not horrible. He is a smart, sound football player that can cover in space. There is a reason our defense was ranked 14th overall despite the big plays or dominance. Ellison is a perfect example of it, smart sound defense, but nothing that will force a situation or create.

Pride
03-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Agreed... a 14th ranked defense with an equally ranked offense gets us into the playoffs last year. Unfortunately, our Offense was much, much worse!

mchurchfie
03-25-2009, 10:10 AM
In no way, shape, did we or do we have a PO defense. When they can stop the run consistently get back to me.

ParanoidAndroid
03-25-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't think grown men playign professional sports should be handled with kid gloves. It's perfectly fine to say that we need to upgrade here or there. "Ellison has done a nice job starting for us in the past, but I think we could use another player to help him out there."

Pride
03-25-2009, 11:28 AM
While I agree with you in principle... think if your boss put out an inter-office memo saying "Andy has done a real nice job working for us in the past, but I think we could use another employee to help him out".

You'd be updating your resume within the hour!

TigerJ
03-25-2009, 11:46 AM
I chalk it up to coachspeak. If the team didn't need to get better, their record would be better.

Nighthawk
03-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Did anybody really think Dickey would all of a sudden start knowing what the hell he was doing??? This guy is a loser for a reason....his comments don't surprise me.

ParanoidAndroid
03-25-2009, 01:05 PM
While I agree with you in principle... think if your boss put out an inter-office memo saying "Andy has done a real nice job working for us in the past, but I think we could use another employee to help him out".

You'd be updating your resume within the hour!

Yes. That is true. However, can you blame my employer if I am underperforming?

justasportsfan
03-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Ellison is not a playmaker but he is certainly not horrible. He is a smart, sound football player that can cover in space. There is a reason our defense was ranked 14th overall despite the big plays or dominance. Ellison is a perfect example of it, smart sound defense, but nothing that will force a situation or create.
yup. He's a typical Dick kind of player. Smart, sound, role player who has no big play ability.

No wonder why we've been 7-9 in all of Dicks 3 years. Just like Ellison , Dicks smart and sound too but obviously can't hang with the big boys of the AFCE.

Lexwhat
03-25-2009, 02:04 PM
yup. He's a typical Dick kind of player. Smart, sound, role player who has no big play ability.

No wonder why we've been 7-9 in all of Dicks 3 years. Just like Ellison , Dicks smart and sound too but obviously can't hang with the big boys of the AFCE.

:posrep:

GreedoII
03-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Jauron is a buffoon. He always says nothing and looks stupid saying it. He is always squirming around when he talks to the media. He's so obvioulsy uncomfortable it's laughable. He's a pathetic figurehead who knows we all hate him and he's on his last leg here. No worries. We go 6-10 his POS azz is out the door. Can't stand the pathetic loser.....

HHURRICANE
03-25-2009, 03:01 PM

Ellsion IMO was one of the most disappointing players out there. He looked like he has regressed.

justasportsfan
03-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Dick likes people who are teachers of the game. KInda like teachers/professors in colleges who are teaching economics or money 101 but are not millionaires themselves who laugh at guys like Donald Trump.. But hey they are smart.