X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

Scarey Comments by Dick

“We’re in pretty good shape,” Jauron said of the offensive line.

On Keith Ellison

“Keith is our starter,” Jauron said. “He’s done a really nice job for us whenever he’s stepped in and played. He’s very smart, very athletic, a tough guy and a great teammate.

On Donte

“Donte has played well at both positions, strong and free.

My Band
    daveviterna.com

• bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Re: Scarey Comments by Dick

Cheap and Sad is all i can say to those comments, we have been 7-9 for 3 yrs and we are still promoting from within and keeping guys who are clearly overmatched on the roster, please go 0-4 so DJ gets fired and we can start rebuidling again
    TO signing was nothing more than to sell tickets here and in Toronto nothing more
    If these commments hold true then this organization has no intentions of winning
    Sad so sad
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

How can you fix it if you don't think it's broken.

Comment

• venis2k1
        Youboty can hope
        • Jul 2002

Jauron is not the kind of guy to throw anyone under the bus. let alone one of his own players.

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mchurchfie
          “We’re in pretty good shape,” Jauron said of the offensive line.

On Keith Ellison

“Keith is our starter,” Jauron said. “He’s done a really nice job for us whenever he’s stepped in and played. He’s very smart, very athletic, a tough guy and a great teammate.

On Donte

“Donte has played well at both positions, strong and free.

The fact is... as of right now, he is our starter. FA isn't over and there is still a draft. Im pretty sure he isn't going to name Clint Sintim the starter at OLB for us just yet.

Comment

• mchurchfie
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by venis2k1
            Jauron is not the kind of guy to throw anyone under the bus. let alone one of his own players.
            As noble as that is it is also one of his biggest downfalls.
            My Band
            daveviterna.com

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Some of it is coachspeak. Like it or not, we're not replacing Whitner no matter what. And we may or may not be able to upgrade the OL or the LB position. If we fail to do so, the last thing Jauron wants to do is destroy the confidence of the guys we have. He's not going to publicly criticize them, and I'd be surprised (and VERY disappointed) if these comments reflected his true opinions.

At the same time, he could be priming the fans for the fact that we won't be upgrading....
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Can anyone imagine Vince Lombardi talking like that?
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• venis2k1
                  Youboty can hope
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  Can anyone imagine Vince Lombardi talking like that?
                  Vince Lombardi didn't live in an age of 24 hour sports networks.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    Some of it is coachspeak. Like it or not, we're not replacing Whitner no matter what. And we may or may not be able to upgrade the OL or the LB position. If we fail to do so, the last thing Jauron wants to do is destroy the confidence of the guys we have. He's not going to publicly criticize them, and I'd be surprised (and VERY disappointed) if these comments reflected his true opinions.

At the same time, he could be priming the fans for the fact that we won't be upgrading....
                    Yep on both accounts.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

If history tell us anything that is exactly what he is doing, priming us up for disappointment
                      I have been saying all along that we will stand pat at DE cause of the money we have tied up with the underperforming whiteboys
                      We will be looking at HOPEFULLY OLB at 11 and LG at 42
                      sad we are going to go into the draft needing 4-5 starters hope we are not done and add some FAs still but it sure doesnt look that way
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Smart post.

As for Ellison he is simpley horrible. I watched him play last year and he was one of the slowest players on the field.

How anyone can believe that this guy is somehow a starter is mind boggling.

Chambers at RG is less scary than Ellison on the field.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by venis2k1
                          Vince Lombardi didn't live in an age of 24 hour sports networks.
                          I simply like coaches who speak more openly, and are not so politically correct. If Jauron were successful, I wouldn't mind his meek and mild approach so much. But he's not, and his "wouldn't say s**t if he had a mouthful" routine is wearing thin.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jeff1220
                            H to the 12:20
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            I simply like coaches who speak more openly, and are not so politically correct. If Jauron were successful, I wouldn't mind his meek and mild approach so much. But he's not, and his "wouldn't say s**t if he had a mouthful" routine is wearing thin.
                            No doubt. I wouldn't mind seeing a Jim Mora Sr. type rant right about now.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              Smart post.

As for Ellison he is simpley horrible. I watched him play last year and he was one of the slowest players on the field.

How anyone can believe that this guy is somehow a starter is mind boggling.

Chambers at RG is less scary than Ellison on the field.
                              Ellison is not a playmaker but he is certainly not horrible. He is a smart, sound football player that can cover in space. There is a reason our defense was ranked 14th overall despite the big plays or dominance. Ellison is a perfect example of it, smart sound defense, but nothing that will force a situation or create.

Comment

Working...
                              X