PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn is blogging again!!!

Dr. Lecter
03-25-2009, 09:22 AM
i know its been a long time since i left you witout some dope words to make fun of ... but im back in the yard to say whats up ... its been kinda rough dis last month on me... but i held it together and stayed strong ... i figured what don't kill me make me stronger... i know i messed up before and even fumbled, but it's something about me that a lot of people wouldn't believe... i put my shirt and pants on da same way u do... but on a nother note, we started workouts again and its time to do work all over again... hold ya chin up... nuh nuh nuh... gone

http://www.yardbarker.com/marshawnlynch

ddaryl
03-25-2009, 09:23 AM
does he really type that way ???

Jan Reimers
03-25-2009, 09:24 AM
i know its been a long time since i left you witout some dope words to make fun of ... but im back in the yard to say whats up ... its been kinda rough dis last month on me... but i held it together and stayed strong ... i figured what don't kill me make me stronger... i know i messed up before and even fumbled, but it's something about me that a lot of people wouldn't believe... i put my shirt and pants on da same way u do... but on a nother note, we started workouts again and its time to do work all over again... hold ya chin up... nuh nuh nuh... gone

Reminds me of Ernest Hemingway.

streetkings01
03-25-2009, 09:25 AM
Here comes all the 35 and older crowd.......why is he typing like that....is he dumb or something!

Jan Reimers
03-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Here comes all the 35 and older crowd.......why is he typing like that....is he dumb or something!
You mean those of us who can spell, punctuate, use proper grammar, and have some appreciation of the beauty of the English language?

Pinkerton Security
03-25-2009, 09:28 AM

"back when i was a young buckaroo, gee whiz if someone talked silly like marshawn.."

Dr. Lecter
03-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Here comes all the 35 and older crowd.......why is he typing like that....is he dumb or something!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
There is a difference between using some abbreviations and short cuts and writing in way that is nearly unintelligible. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>

mchurchfie
03-25-2009, 09:29 AM
That blog sound like damage control to me.

mchurchfie
03-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Thats gangsta talk.:coocoo:

Dr. Lecter
03-25-2009, 09:33 AM
If anybody knows gangsta talk, it is Churchie.

Jan Reimers
03-25-2009, 09:33 AM
It's really quite simple. Learning to use the English language in a reasonable way takes quite a bit of study and hard work. Speaking and writing gibberish does not.

hydro
03-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Thats gangsta talk.:coocoo:

He is "keeping it real" so he doesn't lose his street cred.

Dr. Lecter
03-25-2009, 09:34 AM
It's really quite simple. Learning to use the English language in a reasonable way takes quite a bit of study and hard work. Speaking and writing gibberish does not.

To be fair, he might have just watched the films of some of the games from last year. I often spoke in gibberish after games last year.

THATHURMANATOR
03-25-2009, 09:35 AM
:hi5:

venis2k1
03-25-2009, 09:36 AM
I wonder why Marshawn Left College early?

mchurchfie
03-25-2009, 09:42 AM
:hi5:
Oh, you whiteboys are just so hip.:laugh:

streetkings01
03-25-2009, 09:55 AM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
There is a difference between using some abbreviations and short cuts and writing in way that is nearly unintelligible. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>It's a blog that was probably sent via text! I'm pretty sure you guys can understand it but choose to play dumb just because it isn't written in a way that an english professor would approve of!

Dr. Lecter
03-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Jan has been a Bills fan for 50 years. I have been one for 30+ years.

Neither of us are playing dumb, dammit!

Jeff1220
03-25-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm a 34 year old English teacher. I see no problem with it.:str8face:

streetkings01
03-25-2009, 10:00 AM
You mean those of us who can spell, punctuate, use proper grammar, and have some appreciation of the beauty of the English language?No....those who are stuck in the old days and dont understand that this is a different world we live in. When the old timers dont understand something they view it as ignorant or dumb! It's a blog and he's speaking to people in his point of view and using his slang.....just because your out of touch doesn't mean it's wrong!

Dr. Lecter
03-25-2009, 10:01 AM
No....those who are stuck in the old days and dont understand that this is a different world we live in. When the old timers dont understand something they view it as ignorant or dumb! It's a blog and he's speaking to people in his point of view and using his slang.....just because your out of touch doesn't mean it's wrong!

You're!!!!!!! :D

streetkings01
03-25-2009, 10:01 AM
I'm a 34 year old English teacher. I see no problem with it.:str8face:1 more year and you will.:D:

mchurchfie
03-25-2009, 10:07 AM
No....those who are stuck in the old days and dont understand that this is a different world we live in. When the old timers dont understand something they view it as ignorant or dumb! It's a blog and he's speaking to people in his point of view and using his slang.....just because your out of touch doesn't mean it's wrong!
I don't have any problem wit his ghettospeak as long as he keeps da loaded guns and reefa outta his ride and quits hitting da fat white hos and running away from da scene of da crime. Hold ya chin up... nuh nuh nuh... gone:punk::coocoo:

casdhf
03-25-2009, 10:10 AM
The only spelling error was "a nother"

Jan Reimers
03-25-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm not out of touch and I'm not going to apologize for trying to communicate in a reasonable manner, by using some basic rules of the English language.

I love it when people of any age justify laziness and ignorance as being part of the "different world we live in." I don't mind the shorthand and slang that bloggers, tweaters and others use, but I have a hunch that many of them could not write an intelligible English sentence if they had to.

And that's the sad part.

Jeff1220
03-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Let me clarify my position as a teacher - If I got a paper written like this, I'd have a problem with it. This is a blog though. It's informal. It's expressive. It's fine. As long as the intended audience is being communicated to effectively, writing/speaking in dialect and slang is perfectly suitable. The trick is knowing when to be formal and when to let loosen your tie a bit.
I doubt Marshawn turned in papers to his profs at Cal that were written this way.

Tatonka
03-25-2009, 10:19 AM
i have no problem with ebonics.

Pinkerton Security
03-25-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm not out of touch and I'm not going to apologize for trying to communicate in a reasonable manner, by using some basic rules of the English language.

I love it when people of any age justify laziness and ignorance as being part of the "different world we live in." I don't mind the shorthand and slang that bloggers, tweaters and others use, but I have a hunch that many of them could not write an intelligible English sentence if they had to.

And that's the sad part.

you know I can see where you're coming from, but honestly I dont think that what he typed was laziness at all...in fact it looks much more difficult to write than actual english! honestly he IS keeping his street cred, as someone said earlier. It may be sad or whatever, but thats the culture and its not like Marshawn is writing in the NY Times or anything anyways, its his personal blog.

Jan Reimers
03-25-2009, 10:21 AM
The only spelling error was "a nother"
And witout. But he's not a bad speller. His use of the ellipsis is a bit overdone, however.

cocamide
03-25-2009, 10:21 AM
I've always enjoyed Steven Pinker's take on this topic. In particular, I like the following quote from http://camba.ucsd.edu/files/misc/ll/grammar_puss.html

I hope to have convinced you of two things. Many prescriptive rules are just plain dumb and should be deleted from the usage handbooks. And most of standard English is just that, standard, in the sense of standard units of currency or household voltages. It is just common sense that people should be given every encouragement and opportunity to learn the dialect that has become the standard one in their society and to employ it in many formal settings. But there is no need to use terms like "bad grammar," "fractured syntax," and "incorrect usage" when referring to rural and Black dialects. Though I am no fan of "politically correct" euphemism (in which, according to the satire, "white woman" should be replaced by "melanin-impoverished person of gender"), using terms like "bad grammar" for "nonstandard" is both insulting and scientifically inaccurate.

BAM
03-25-2009, 10:22 AM
First Jive Dude: Shiiiiit, maaaaan. That honky muf' be messin' mah old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head, you know?
Second Jive Dude: Hey home', I can dig it. Know ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you, man!
First Jive Dude: I say hey, sky... subba say I wan' see...
Second Jive Dude: Uh-huh.
First Jive Dude: ...pray to J I did the same ol' same ol'!
Second Jive Dude: Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man!
First Jive Dude: Hey, you know what they say: see a broad to get dat booty yak 'em...
First Jive Dude, Second Jive Dude: ...leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em!
First Jive Dude: COL' got to be! Y'know? Shiiiiit.

Pinkerton Security
03-25-2009, 10:25 AM
First Jive Dude: Shiiiiit, maaaaan. That honky muf' be messin' mah old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head, you know?
Second Jive Dude: Hey home', I can dig it. Know ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you, man!
First Jive Dude: I say hey, sky... subba say I wan' see...
Second Jive Dude: Uh-huh.
First Jive Dude: ...pray to J I did the same ol' same ol'!
Second Jive Dude: Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man!
First Jive Dude: Hey, you know what they say: see a broad to get dat booty yak 'em...
First Jive Dude, Second Jive Dude: ...leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em!
First Jive Dude: COL' got to be! Y'know? Shiiiiit.

Jive Lady (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0082511/): Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side.
Second Jive Dude (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0924424/): What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!
Jive Lady (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0082511/): Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da' help!
First Jive Dude (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0316709/): Say 'e can't hang, say seven up!
Jive Lady (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0082511/): Jive ass dude don't got no brains anyhow! Hmmph!

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-25-2009, 10:29 AM
I really could care less what our running back talks like as long as he produces and he does that.

Commissioner
03-25-2009, 10:33 AM

LOL.... i love it...

DraftBoy
03-25-2009, 10:44 AM

Im 24 and I think it looks ******ed and does him absolutely no favors in any regard.

mchurchfie
03-25-2009, 10:51 AM
"Chris Johnson makes Marshawn Lynch look like a Rhodes Scholar"

ECU RB Chris Johnson is one of the top backs in this years NFL Draft, but if this were a speech contest, he would have failed horribly. To tell you the truth, his grammar and speech are worst than Marshawn Lynch (and you all know how bad that is). Now get me wrong, Im a big Chris Johnson fan, but when you speak worst than the guy that created his own language, something is wrong. Here is the video that you need to see.

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/Chris_Johnson_makes_Marshawn_Lynch_look_like_a_Rhodes_Scholar/179785

BAM
03-25-2009, 10:59 AM

ECU RB Chris Johnson is one of the top backs in this years NFL Draft, but if this were a speech contest, he would have failed horribly. To tell you the truth, his grammar and speech are worst than Marshawn Lynch (and you all know how bad that is). Now get me wrong, Im a big Chris Johnson fan, but when you speak worst than the guy that created his own language, something is wrong. Here is the video that you need to see.

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_football/articles/Chris_Johnson_makes_Marshawn_Lynch_look_like_a_Rhodes_Scholar/179785
worse
I'm
worse

That right there is funny.

venis2k1
03-25-2009, 11:06 AM
And that's the sad part.

Starting a sentence with a conjunction is generally considered poor English.

BAM
03-25-2009, 11:10 AM

Seems like he's missing a "don't" in there also.

madness
03-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Judge Me Not
Judge me not by my religion,
Judge me not as white or black.
Judge me by my thoughts and visions,
Judge me by my plans and acts.

Judge me not by age and gender,
Judge me not by looks alone.
Judge me, lover and defender,
By the deeds that I condone.

The color of my skin won't show,
What is hidden in my heart.
And age and sex do not bestow,
Knowledge of all human arts.

Do I love? Give onto others?
Do I heal, or sing, or teach?
Do I learn from my life lessons?
Do I practice what I preach?

Those are things that judge my soul,
Those are things that judge my mind.
And at my deathbed they'll console -
Or they'll punish me in kind.

~ Author Unknown ~

MikeInRoch
03-25-2009, 11:51 AM
I doubt Marshawn turned in papers to his profs at Cal that were written this way.

Of course not. He probably didn't write them... :D

TigerJ
03-25-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm a 34 year old English teacher. I see no problem with it.:str8face:

Thank's because you're a 34 year old English teacher. If you were a 35 year old English teacher, you'd need a translator.

TigerJ
03-25-2009, 12:07 PM
It would be interesting to fast forward fifty or a hundred years an see what has happenend to language. Will there be an entire subculture that cannot even understand English, and vice versa, because the ebonics will have so metamorphized away from standard English that translators will be needed?

Dr. Lecter
03-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Fo' shizzle!!!!

madness
03-25-2009, 12:36 PM
It would be interesting to fast forward fifty or a hundred years an see what has happenend to language. Will there be an entire subculture that cannot even understand English, and vice versa, because the ebonics will have so metamorphized away from standard English that translators will be needed?

Shakespeare had a free pass to butcher the English language, why can't Marshawn?

Syderick
03-25-2009, 01:11 PM

GIT R DONE!!!

Night Train
03-25-2009, 01:37 PM
The Rhodes Scholarship is safe from #23 but we all know the kid wouldn't harm a fly.

He's just old school ghetto and making dumb decisons with picking friends.

Still, he's out of Get Out Of Jail Free cards. The next time means his replacement is coming.

Oaf
03-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Or Mark Twain. :D

"'Shet de do'.'
"She never done it; jis'stood dah, kiner smilin' up at me. It make me mad; en I says agin, mighty loud, I says:
"'Doan' you hear me?- shet de do'!'
"She jis' stood de same way, kiner smilin'up. I was a-bilin'! I says:
"'I lay I make you mine!'
"En wid dat I fetch' her a slap side de head dat sont her a-sprawlin'. Den I went into de yuther room, en 'uz gone 'bout ten minutes; en when I come back, dah was dat do' a-stannin' open yit, en dat chile stannin' mos' right in it, a-lookin' down and mournin', en de tears runnin' down. My, but I wuz mad, I was agwyne for de chile, but jis' den- it was a do' dat open innerds- jis' den 'long come de wind en slam it to, behine de chile, ker-blam!- en my lan', de chile never move'! My breff mos' hop outer me; en I feel so- so- I doan' know how I feel. I crope out, all a-tremblin', en crope aroun' en open de do' easy en slow, en poke my head in behine de chile, sof' en still, en all uv a sudden, I says pow! jis' as loud as I could yell. She never budge! Oh, Huck, I bust out a-cryin' en grab her up in my arms, en say, 'Oh, de po' little thing! de Lord God Amighty fogive po' ole Jim, kaze he never gwyne to fogive hisself as long's he live!' Oh, she was plumb deef en dumb, Huck, plumb deef en dumb- en I'd ben a-treat'n her so!"

- Adventures of Huckelberry Finn
http://www.americanliterature.com/Twain/TheAdventuresofHuckleberryFinn/23.html

Lexwhat
03-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Im 24 and I think it looks ******ed and does him absolutely no favors in any regard.

Using the word "******ed" doesn't do you any favors either.

Buckets
03-25-2009, 03:25 PM
It's good to see he's "CLEANING UP HIS ACT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:jj: :afro:

jamze132
03-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Damn ho!