• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Mike Goff signs with the Chiefs

Didn't see it on here, but it looks like another OG is off the market.

"Chiefs signed OL Mike Goff, formerly of the Chargers.

Goff hasn't missed a start since 2002, but is 33 and his play dropped off markedly last year. Ideally, he'll be a backup at guard and center in K.C" -- per rotoworld.com

Did we ever bring him in for a visit?

Also, could this possibly be a precursor to trading Waters?

Some things to think about.
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings
  • EDS
    • Jan 2003

Re: Mike Goff signs with the Chiefs

Let the conspiracy theories begin.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by psubills62

Also, could this possibly be a precursor to trading Waters?

Some things to think about.

I would say they are preparing for that scenario, not that they want to.

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Waters is on the trading block. And I didn't hear about Goff's performance dropping-off so badly last year. I guess it's good the Bills didn't sign him.

Comment

• Mitchell55
          only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
          • Feb 2008

This is good news.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Feb 2005

hopefully the bills get waters, especially if we trade peters. i dont think i can watch a game next year if hangartner is our C, chambers is our LT or RT and walker shifts to LT, and a rookie is at LG. trent wont make it half the season. he basically missed 3 games last year so figure another 2 or 3 from taking stupid sacks, god it would be horrible. i just really hope if they are going to loose peters they make this trade for waters and then draft a LT at 11 and at least it wont be as bad a drop off.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

He wasn't on my short list.

I see 3-4 Guards in the Draft I like better, let alone others Vets.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Night Train
                He wasn't on my short list.

I see 3-4 Guards in the Draft I like better, let alone others Vets.
                can you name them? and as far as the rooks go, would they be first rounders? bc I know (cliche alert) the game starts in the trenches, but im also sick of having those cliched "high motor" ends and would like to get a real pass rusher in round 1

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                  • Feb 2009

can you name them? and as far as the rooks go, would they be first rounders? bc I know (cliche alert) the game starts in the trenches, but im also sick of having those cliched "high motor" ends and would like to get a real pass rusher in round 1
                  These our the guards that we can get in the 3rd or 4th. All guys who would start and be big improvements to Dockery.

1. Herman Johnson
                  2. Kraig Ubrick
                  3. Tervor Canfield
                  4. Tyronne Green
                  5. Andy Kemp
                  6. Cornellius Lewis
                  7. Jamie Martin

Yes that's 7 guys, this class is very deep in guards and looks great. Best I've seen in years.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

Damn i wanted this guy as a stop gap so we could develop Bell and a draft pick to groom them for the position
                    See i was under the impression after signing TO we were going for it this year
                    But pluggin in a rookie and a former Browns castoff who never played G other than spot duty and a former 7th round pick who only played 4 yrs of real football obviously is the better way to go to fill in a former 7mil per yr G

i am starting to get sick to my stomach
                    Hope everyone on here who has been reporting Waters trade a possiblity if not we are in trouble
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
                      These our the guards that we can get in the 3rd or 4th. All guys who would start and be big improvements to Dockery.

1. Herman Johnson
                      2. Kraig Ubrick
                      3. Tervor Canfield
                      4. Tyronne Green
                      5. Andy Kemp
                      6. Cornellius Lewis
                      7. Jamie Martin

Yes that's 7 guys, this class is very deep in guards and looks great. Best I've seen in years.
                      I agree that these could be had and mite be upgrades the only one i would stay away form is Herman Johnson he is a monster but he is easy bullrushed fomr what i seen in the all star coverage and he has jamie nails written all over him i would prefer Caldwell, or Wood who can transition to G and play C we need depth as well as a starter
                      i also like the G's u listed as well just not Johnson
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23

1. Herman Johnson
                        2. Kraig Ubrick
                        3. Tervor Canfield
                        4. Tyronne Green
                        5. Andy Kemp
                        6. Cornellius Lewis
                        7. Jamie Martin

Most any of those would be fine with me, except for Johnson. I'm just not a fan of the guy - he's huge, but he had 290 pound DT's putting him on his back at the all-star bowl practices.
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

honestly it doesnt matter, because jauron and brandon are both idiots and after this season it will be all over anyways. a new coach will be brought in and possibly a new GM, and our whole team will be stripped as new coaches always do when they come in and we will start over. and honestly i think that may be good for us after seeing how this off season has gone. T.O. is only here for 1 season, he is nothing more than a way to sell some more tickets and jerseys, and no way he makes a big impact with the hole (possibly holes if peters leaves) we have on our O line. trent will not have time and no 2 rookies or as i said, chambers a rookie and hangartner are going to be able to stop the defenses we face this year. we have created 2 major holes by and have not filled another so we have 3 GLARING needs that i really dont see us filling besides mid round draft picks. just like the year we reached for whitner i can see something brewing here. i just hope we dont draft ayers at 11. that would be the worst move these morons could make. take a USC LB and get a G in the second and pay peters. honestly the biggest trade we should be making is for tony scheffler to add a PROVEN pass catching TE to our offense that only has a playmaker like T.O. for one season.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                            Andy Levitre - Oregon St.
                            Duke Robinson - Oklahoma
                            Kraig Urbik - Wisconson

Top Centers who can also play Guard

Max Unger - Oregon
                            Eric Wood - Louisville
                            Antoine Caldwell - Alabama

If we could get 1-2 of these guys, I'd be very pleased.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              I would say they are preparing for that scenario, not that they want to.
                              Makes sense to me. The Bills will have to know that Waters will want to renegotiate and will want to be well paid, though hopefully not in the range Dockery was getting.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X