PDA

View Full Version : Rock Solid: Fiammetta may be FB Bills need

The Spaz
03-25-2009, 02:03 PM
It hit Randy Trivers all of a sudden – a revelation on a late August night two years ago.

His fullback at Syracuse, Tony Fiammetta, was bound for the NFL. No doubt in his mind. As Trivers watched a preseason NFL game, he isolated on the fullbacks. The genetics that constitute a pro-level fullback have never hazier. But SU's running backs coach was sold.

The next day at summer camp, Trivers approached Fiammetta with his prophetic guarantee. It was Fiammetta’s dream to play in the NFL, but the dream didn’t have substance until this.

http://buf.scout.com/2/850183.html

madness
03-25-2009, 02:46 PM
I would not be upset at all if we picked him up in the 4th. With the addition of T.O., this offense needs to get going quick. This guy would do wonders in the run game.

Oaf
03-25-2009, 02:55 PM
I would not be upset at all if we picked him up in the 4th.

I would not be upset at all if we had ANYONE to start over McIntyre or just cut him outright and just used Schouman.

bigbub2352
03-25-2009, 03:34 PM
I have been calling for the Bills to use one of there late rd picks on a real FB for 5 yrs now
I guess we really like a guy who cant catch out of the backfeild gets stuffed in wholes and is on his 5th team in Mcyntyre
Man this is getting sad
would luv a real FB in here

Luisito23
03-25-2009, 04:29 PM
I liked what Barnes was doing before he was let go.

Jaybird
03-25-2009, 08:45 PM
i like the monster fb from LSU..... someone help me out with his name

yordad
03-26-2009, 09:34 AM
I think we need a FB upgrade. If we don't get one, Fred and Lynch in the field or three wide is a better option. Heck a 2 TE set is a better option, despite the fact our TEs suck too.

Jan Reimers
03-26-2009, 09:38 AM
I like Fiammetta and would take a good Syracuse boy on the Bills almost anyday. But with all of our needs, I wouldn't go higher than the 4th round.

Oaf
03-26-2009, 09:48 AM
Me too. Last 4 years we've needed someone above a Ryan Neufeld or literally some street scrub at FB. And I've screamed at the Bills, WHY draft some practice squad hopeful like Kennard Cox when you can get a legitimate STARTER at FB in that round??? Instead we sign some guy from the Army, who duh, is IN THE ARMY.

These guys just won't invest a low rounder in a FB. Why? They say they "don't utilize a true FB in their system often". THEN we sign the worst player in the league in McIntyre and he's on the field more than Schouman or Fred Jackson!!! What a waste of an 11th player.

I know it's only a FB, but it does make a difference and it does piss me off.

yordad
03-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Me too. Last 4 years we've needed someone above a Ryan Neufeld or literally some street scrub at FB. And I've screamed at the Bills, WHY draft some practice squad hopeful like Kennard Cox when you can get a legitimate STARTER at FB in that round??? Instead we sign some guy from the Army, who duh, is IN THE ARMY.

These guys just won't invest a low rounder in a FB. Why? They say they "don't utilize a true FB in their system often". THEN we sign the worst player in the league in McIntyre and he's on the field more than Schouman or Fred Jackson!!! What a waste of an 11th player.

I know it's only a FB, but it does make a difference and it does piss me off.Exactly. It is like they think the 10th and 11th guy don't even matter. Like they could just field 9 or something. I mean, put in an extra tackle or something, anything.

Oaf
03-26-2009, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I know man. Even if Jackson is 1/2 the blocker that McIntyre is, he is 4x the player.

I may be a couch-QB and they may be NFL coaches but GEEZ how can they MAKE such decisions? They really do prove themselves when they say FB isn't important and hire McIntyre but they really contradict themselves when they actually use him a lot.

I'll find a way to replace them someday..

VeggieMan14
03-26-2009, 11:58 AM
I hope we do he is a beast... i saw him play when he played at my high school if he stays healthy he is a monster

TedMock
03-26-2009, 12:27 PM

Why was he let go? He was doing a very good job blocking and he actually caught a nice first down against Oakland. He must have done something pretty bad behind the scenes.

Tatonka
03-26-2009, 01:07 PM
barnes was injuried. then they reached an injury settlement and he signed with a nother team instead of going on IR.

yordad
03-26-2009, 10:06 PM
You are probably right, but Barnes was actually healthy when they released him if I remember.

TigerJ
03-26-2009, 10:22 PM
I like Fiammetta and would take a good Syracuse boy on the Bills almost anyday. But with all of our needs, I wouldn't go higher than the 4th round.

Unfortunately, there aren't too many good Syracuse boys anymore. I guess we'd better grab one while we can. Boy has that program gone in the dumper!

The Spaz
03-27-2009, 12:44 AM
Unfortunately, there aren't too many good Syracuse boys anymore. I guess we'd better grab one while we can. Boy has that program gone in the dumper!

It has but it's coming back!!

Bert102176
03-27-2009, 05:01 AM
I love cuse and would be amazed if we grabbed him in the 4th I would love that pick, but it's the Bills and prob. won't happen

Ickybaluky
03-27-2009, 07:23 AM

They do have a tradition with the fullback position, and I'm not really talking Jim Brown. More recently, they have produced a couple of pretty good pro FB in Daryl Johnston and Rob Konrad.