X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Rock Solid: Fiammetta may be FB Bills need

It hit Randy Trivers all of a sudden – a revelation on a late August night two years ago.

His fullback at Syracuse, Tony Fiammetta, was bound for the NFL. No doubt in his mind. As Trivers watched a preseason NFL game, he isolated on the fullbacks. The genetics that constitute a pro-level fullback have never hazier. But SU's running backs coach was sold.

The next day at summer camp, Trivers approached Fiammetta with his prophetic guarantee. It was Fiammetta’s dream to play in the NFL, but the dream didn’t have substance until this.

Stay up to date with all the Buffalo Bills football news, free agency, NFL draft, and more at 247Sports.com
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Re: Rock Solid: Fiammetta may be FB Bills need

I would not be upset at all if we picked him up in the 4th. With the addition of T.O., this offense needs to get going quick. This guy would do wonders in the run game.

Comment

• Oaf
      Do you read what you write?
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by madness
      I would not be upset at all if we picked him up in the 4th.
      I would not be upset at all if we had ANYONE to start over McIntyre or just cut him outright and just used Schouman.

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

I have been calling for the Bills to use one of there late rd picks on a real FB for 5 yrs now
        I guess we really like a guy who cant catch out of the backfeild gets stuffed in wholes and is on his 5th team in Mcyntyre
        Man this is getting sad
        would luv a real FB in here
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

I liked what Barnes was doing before he was let go.
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Jaybird
            • Dec 2005

i like the monster fb from LSU..... someone help me out with his name

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

I think we need a FB upgrade. If we don't get one, Fred and Lynch in the field or three wide is a better option. Heck a 2 TE set is a better option, despite the fact our TEs suck too.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

I like Fiammetta and would take a good Syracuse boy on the Bills almost anyday. But with all of our needs, I wouldn't go higher than the 4th round.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Oaf
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Luisito23
                  Me too. Last 4 years we've needed someone above a Ryan Neufeld or literally some street scrub at FB. And I've screamed at the Bills, WHY draft some practice squad hopeful like Kennard Cox when you can get a legitimate STARTER at FB in that round??? Instead we sign some guy from the Army, who duh, is IN THE ARMY.

These guys just won't invest a low rounder in a FB. Why? They say they "don't utilize a true FB in their system often". THEN we sign the worst player in the league in McIntyre and he's on the field more than Schouman or Fred Jackson!!! What a waste of an 11th player.

I know it's only a FB, but it does make a difference and it does piss me off.

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Oaf
                    Me too. Last 4 years we've needed someone above a Ryan Neufeld or literally some street scrub at FB. And I've screamed at the Bills, WHY draft some practice squad hopeful like Kennard Cox when you can get a legitimate STARTER at FB in that round??? Instead we sign some guy from the Army, who duh, is IN THE ARMY.

These guys just won't invest a low rounder in a FB. Why? They say they "don't utilize a true FB in their system often". THEN we sign the worst player in the league in McIntyre and he's on the field more than Schouman or Fred Jackson!!! What a waste of an 11th player.

I know it's only a FB, but it does make a difference and it does piss me off.
                    Exactly. It is like they think the 10th and 11th guy don't even matter. Like they could just field 9 or something. I mean, put in an extra tackle or something, anything.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Oaf
                      • Jun 2007

Yeah, I know man. Even if Jackson is 1/2 the blocker that McIntyre is, he is 4x the player.

I may be a couch-QB and they may be NFL coaches but GEEZ how can they MAKE such decisions? They really do prove themselves when they say FB isn't important and hire McIntyre but they really contradict themselves when they actually use him a lot.

I'll find a way to replace them someday..

Comment

• VeggieMan14
                        • Jan 2008

I hope we do he is a beast... i saw him play when he played at my high school if he stays healthy he is a monster
                        I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• TedMock
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Luisito23
                          Why was he let go? He was doing a very good job blocking and he actually caught a nice first down against Oakland. He must have done something pretty bad behind the scenes.
                          Last edited by TedMock; 03-26-2009, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

barnes was injuried. then they reached an injury settlement and he signed with a nother team instead of going on IR.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• yordad
                              • Dec 2007

You are probably right, but Barnes was actually healthy when they released him if I remember.

Comment

Working...
                              X