PDA

View Full Version : Oh Dear, T.O. is about to get MAD PRESS for something not good

patmoran2006
03-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Buffalo news blog piece:

Did T.O. avoid DUI with autograph? (http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2009/03/did-to-avoid-dui-with-autograph.html)

Being a big celebrity like Terrell Owens puts you in the spotlight whether you want it or not.

Case in point was a report on the website, TheDirty.com. (http://www.thedirty.com/) It reports that Owens left the MYNT Nightclub in Miami at 3:45 a.m. Saturday after partying with some fellow NFL players. Driving his yellow Spyder CanAm (a three-wheel motorcycle) a few blocks, Owens was pulled over by the Miami Beach Police. Witnesses said Owens was given a field sobriety test (but no breathalyzer test) and then offered the officers his signature before hopping back on his bike and drove away.
According to the website, witnesses in and outside the nightclub said Owens was visibly drunk and should not have been able to pass a sobriety test. The site also stated that a nightclub employee said Owens had a bottle of Grey Goose vodka all to himself and a worker at the hotel Owens was staying at claimed he was hammered when he arrived.

Now we don't know if any of this is true. But this just shows the type of news T.O. makes.

Lexwhat
03-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Uh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

THATHURMANATOR
03-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Who cares he didn't get charged.

clumping platelets
:dizzy:

Iehoshua
Who cares he didn't get charged.
Yep.

patmoran2006
03-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Its not the point.
Its just the matter; EVERYTHING is going to be scoped for this guy.

I love me some T.O.
I was just pointing out this guy will be in the press when he sneezes; just wait til 7pm this will be ALL OVER THE NEWS cycles

Raptor
03-25-2009, 04:04 PM
eehh, whatever

I'm sure ESPN will try to have him jailed

Goobylal
03-25-2009, 04:05 PM
This came out over the weekend, and nothing came of it. Contrast that with TO making headlines the minute he didn't show-up for loluntary workouts and it doesn't have legs.

Not to mention "thedirty.com" is about as low as you can get, website foodchain-wise.

Luisito23
03-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Off-season fodder...

theanswer74
03-25-2009, 04:06 PM
WTF is THEDIRTY?

Why would these witnesses take pictures of TO driving that yellow thing but not getting the test by the police?

TigerJ
03-25-2009, 04:08 PM
Didn't I read somewhere after he was signed that he didn't get into off the field trouble and didn't drink?

The Spaz
03-25-2009, 04:09 PM
LOL WTF is TheDirty?

THATHURMANATOR
03-25-2009, 04:25 PM
You don't know TheDirty?

TheMan08
03-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Thurm is THEDIRTY

venis2k1
03-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Talk about Guilty until proven innocent...and then when proven innocent your still not believed.

Ill take a cops word that he was sober over some guy standing across the street, prolly drunk, at 4 in the morning.

and as for this "shows the type of news T.O. makes." is complete crap. has TO ever had so much as a parking ticket? Say what you want about the guy, but he isnt a marshawn.

jamze132
03-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Who hasn't left the club on a trike drunk before? :idunno:

X-Era
03-25-2009, 05:41 PM
Buffalo news blog piece:

Did T.O. avoid DUI with autograph? (http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2009/03/did-to-avoid-dui-with-autograph.html)

Being a big celebrity like Terrell Owens puts you in the spotlight whether you want it or not.

Case in point was a report on the website, TheDirty.com. (http://www.thedirty.com/) It reports that Owens left the MYNT Nightclub in Miami at 3:45 a.m. Saturday after partying with some fellow NFL players. Driving his yellow Spyder CanAm (a three-wheel motorcycle) a few blocks, Owens was pulled over by the Miami Beach Police. Witnesses said Owens was given a field sobriety test (but no breathalyzer test) and then offered the officers his signature before hopping back on his bike and drove away.
According to the website, witnesses in and outside the nightclub said Owens was visibly drunk and should not have been able to pass a sobriety test. The site also stated that a nightclub employee said Owens had a bottle of Grey Goose vodka all to himself and a worker at the hotel Owens was staying at claimed he was hammered when he arrived.

Now we don't know if any of this is true. But this just shows the type of news T.O. makes.

Even if its true, it just shows that there are some dirty cops in Miami... and that a celeb may have got off scott free.

Goobylal
03-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Just an an update, Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com has been informed (not by me, but by a commentor in a TO thread, and he reads them all) about "thedirty.com's" little article about TO this past weekend, and so far hasn't done anything with the story. Unlike with Lynch's arrest for the gun. This is a non-starter.

Mercy
03-25-2009, 07:34 PM
I'm thinking some cop might be in trouble.

gil
03-25-2009, 07:46 PM
I don't see this going anywhere - not that I care

SOMETHING will happen with TO that will be a distraction for most of training camp - whether it be this or whatever, believe me, it's coming.

FlyingDutchman
03-25-2009, 08:50 PM
seems like a pretty routine stop. you ARE allowed to drink a little and still drive. The cop probably smelled alcohol, did a field sobriety check like they should, realized hes not impaired at all, and let him on his way. Nothing wrong with giving an autograph. Maybe Terrell was actually being responsible and didnt drink a lot. Youre right thow, the media is the only ones who will make a big deal of it. Its nothing though.

ddaryl
03-26-2009, 07:27 AM
the Dirty... LOL!

another newsworthy site

venis2k1
03-26-2009, 07:37 AM
I don't think any self respecting reporter would touch this story with a ten foot pole.

yordad
03-26-2009, 07:52 AM
OH MY, THIS JUST IN...........

TO is a crack smoking baby raper! (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2858766#post2858766)

Mercy
03-26-2009, 08:22 AM
seems like a pretty routine stop. you ARE allowed to drink a little and still drive. The cop probably smelled alcohol, did a field sobriety check like they should, realized hes not impaired at all, and let him on his way. Nothing wrong with giving an autograph. Maybe Terrell was actually being responsible and didnt drink a lot. Youre right thow, the media is the only ones who will make a big deal of it. Its nothing though.These things are at the discretion of the law enforcement officer. No way anyone can prove TO was impaired.

Jan Reimers
03-26-2009, 08:26 AM
TO is a one man publicity machine. He will get plenty of media attention, good and bad, for himself and - by extension - for the Bills. Get ready for a really interesting season, and some close scrutiny by the media.

mybills
03-26-2009, 08:37 AM
so, did he pass the sobriety test?

Oaf
03-26-2009, 09:39 AM
If this is true, one's got to wonder about all the "opportunity from God" references he made in his opening pc.

Goobylal
03-26-2009, 11:13 AM
TO doesn't drink. This is all BS.

madness
03-26-2009, 11:44 AM
The Buffalo News is using low rate celebrity blogs as sources now?

:rofl: Move this to spam already.