PDA

View Full Version : Steelers fan checking in on things Bills...

Preacher
03-25-2009, 05:54 PM
1. T.O. Great signing. . . for 1 year. Please do not sign him up again next year. His first year in a new uniform is usually pretty good. It is his second year where he causes ALL types of trouble.

2. Two home games in Toronto. . . WHAT?? So let me get this straight, you take a struggling franchise in a struggling town and screw them over by putting two of only 8 home games in another city that will get the benefits of seat sales, incoming fans, etc. etc? Way to stick it to Buffalo Commissar. Honestly, I think playing a couple preseason games in Toronto is great. Expanding to play one home-game is understandable, but not desired. But two? What next? 3 games next year and 4 the year after that?

3. LT Peters. Hold tough. Only in the last year of the contract do you make a deal, and then ONLY a deal which makes sense when thinking about the rest of the team. I wouldn't trade him, I would simply let him sit without being paid until he decided to come back. Then bench him until he proves he is in good enough shape to play. Ok, I admit. I am biased by how the Rooney's do business, but can you blame me? It seems to work out.

4. QB ??? Is there any reason to draft here and clear house?

Just popping by to say hi and offer up some observations from a know-nothing steelers fan :chuckle:

Hope all is going well for everyone here. I'll probably be stopping in a bit more often again!!

venis2k1
03-25-2009, 06:05 PM
phhhhh what do the Rooney's know about running a football team??

all kidding aside, good to hear from you.

Lexwhat
03-25-2009, 06:21 PM
I didn't know we had Commissars running around in Buffalo.

Preacher
03-25-2009, 06:42 PM
I didn't know we had Commissars running around in Buffalo.

Commissar = our great and benevolent commissioner Goodel, also known as commissioner good-deal for the sweetheart deal he cooked up for the Pats* and their video-gate.