PDA

View Full Version : a few general comments

OpIv37
03-25-2009, 09:49 PM
-for the first time all season, this team showed some heart. They were getting chances in the first and second, still fell behind, and managed to come back. If they had been playing like that all season, we wouldn't be in this mess.

-There was an article in the Buffalo News today about the lack of success of the top 6 forwards. Even though the Sabres won, that largely continued. They need to capitalize on some of those aforementioned chances if they're going to stay in this thing.

-I figured out how to hook my computer up to my TV so I have a larger picture- it's not full screen but it's bigger than my laptop screen and I can sit comfortably on the couch instead of at the desk.

-I still missed 2 of the 3 quick goals because the ****ing feed crapped out. It worked fine for the first two periods and the first half of the third, then it crapped out as soon as things got interesting.

-Props to Afinogenov and Rivet for finally standing up for this team.

-I'm officially 100% sold on Vanek and Miller. This team is completely different without them.

Dr. Lecter
03-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Basically even when you watch the game they only play well when the feed messes up.

I generally agree with your comments though, but the top six guys were not too bad. Pominville had his best game of the year. Timmy scored. Roy played well. Vanek and Stafford did nothing. Hecht did nothing on offense.

One other thing - Kaleta is much improved as a hockey player. He is probably the most improved player on the team. He no longer takes runs at players after the puck is gone, can play defense and can even create some offensive chances. He looks nothing like the one dimensional guy he did last year.

clumping platelets
03-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Sabres finally won when I wore my Rivet jersey to a game :eek2:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Basically even when you watch the game they only play well when the feed messes up.

I generally agree with your comments though, but the top six guys were not too bad. Pominville had his best game of the year. Timmy scored. Roy played well. Vanek and Stafford did nothing. Hecht did nothing on offense.

One other thing - Kaleta is much improved as a hockey player. He is probably the most improved player on the team. He no longer takes runs at players after the puck is gone, can play defense and can even create some offensive chances. He looks nothing like the one dimensional guy he did last year.

I told you (from my cousin), Kaleta knows how to play :hockey: he's not stupid he's been playing since the age of 4. He just wants to play and he will do anything you ask of him to do to get out on the ice.

My cousin played against him in high school my cousin was a Jr. playing hockey for Williamsville South and Kaleta was a Sr. at St. Francis. (That's why Kaleta is in the NHL and my cousin isn't). He told me that he was the hardest player to play against because of his antics, you can't draw him into a fight because he will just hit the ice and you get the penalty! and you can't check him because he would just duck the check or skate away from the check before you hit him! he's a great skater and then comes back and checks you twice as hard! he's a good guy to be around and off the ice he's the nicest guy to hang out with but when he's on the ice it's like he turns into Mr. Hyde he has a different personality.

my cousin says that Kaleta is like a mosquito as hard as you try to get away from it, it always comes back and bites you. that's Kaleta.

my cousin now is friends with Kaleta and he goes to the same gym that Kaleta works out at and he gets free Sabres tix to all home and away Sabres games and gets to sit in a suite and also gets autographed memorbelia he's got a jersey signed by him and one of his hockey sticks.

SabreEleven
03-26-2009, 01:44 AM
We've heard this story before...

SabreEleven
03-26-2009, 01:49 AM
Everybody is getting excited about 1 win especially on the post-game. They are still 5 points out of the playoffs. I'll get excited when they win 5 in a row.

One thing I did notice that the Sabres wore their 3rd jersey helmets. I don't think they have been wearing those with the regular jerseys...

BAM
03-26-2009, 06:42 AM
Nice. I have a HDMI output on my laptop which makes it nice for video or music editing, hulu and any other internet video on the bigscreen.

tampabay25690
03-26-2009, 07:59 AM
1st time in a while they played as a team...
I think Miller will definitely bring some emotion back for this team, we need to keep it rolling and beat down the LEAFS...

OpIv37
03-26-2009, 08:29 AM
Nice. I have a HDMI output on my laptop which makes it nice for video or music editing, hulu and any other internet video on the bigscreen.

my laptop is too old for that kind of output. I can stream Hulu videos over PS3 and they look pretty good, but it's a different kind of feed for the hockey games and the PS3 doesn't recognize it.

OpIv37
03-26-2009, 08:31 AM
I told you (from my cousin), Kaleta knows how to play :hockey: he's not stupid he's been playing since the age of 4. He just wants to play and he will do anything you ask of him to do to get out on the ice.

My cousin played against him in high school my cousin was a Jr. playing hockey for Williamsville South and Kaleta was a Sr. at St. Francis. (That's why Kaleta is in the NHL and my cousin isn't). He told me that he was the hardest player to play against because of his antics, you can't draw him into a fight because he will just hit the ice and you get the penalty! and you can't check him because he would just duck the check or skate away from the check before you hit him! he's a great skater and then comes back and checks you twice as hard! he's a good guy to be around and off the ice he's the nicest guy to hang out with but when he's on the ice it's like he turns into Mr. Hyde he has a different personality.

my cousin now is friends with Kaleta and he goes to the same gym that Kaleta works out at and he gets free Sabres tix to all home and away Sabres games and gets to sit in a suite and also gets autographed memorbelia he's got a jersey signed by him and one of his hockey sticks.

That's all well and good except your cousin isn't an NHL player. The level of play is drastically different, and just because he can do all that at the HS level doesn't mean he can do it at the NHL level.

Hell, look at Max. I remember watching him skate circles around guys in Rochester but his antics don't work at the NHL level because the skill level is so much higher (although, in his defense, Max has played much better since he was put back in the lineup).

Mski
03-26-2009, 10:40 AM
i loved the fact that rivet knocked the guy to the ice, picked him up, punded on him somemore, knocked him to the ice, picked him up and pounded on him somemore before the linesmen got in on it... and if you notice max waited till there were two other sabres between him and the guys from FL before he threw his punch

OpIv37
03-26-2009, 11:09 AM
and if you notice max waited till there were two other sabres between him and the guys from FL before he threw his punch

I can name at least 6 guys on this team who wouldn't have even done that.