PDA

View Full Version : Kilgore's Solid Article on Bills in Toronto

methos4ever
03-26-2009, 05:54 AM
http://www.wgrz.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=65261

THATHURMANATOR
03-26-2009, 07:48 AM
http://www.wgrz.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=65261
It is but I dont agree with this paragraph at all. I think he sells short the fans. People act like Buffalo is a just a bunch of freaking bus buys, and pizza delivery drivers. People can freaking afford 400 or 500 bucks for season tickets. It isn't a problem. ESPECIALLY if they are winning.

In the WNY economy, chipping in for nine home games and at least a pre season game, is a tough sell even if the Bills are back on the winning track. Plus, there's a pretty good chance T-O won't be back after his one season here -- just calling it as I see it -- and as we've already mentioned, prices will not be coming down.

I will say that I could swallow 2 in Toronto if there were 18 games a lot easier.

methos4ever
03-26-2009, 08:35 AM
I think Thurm at the end of the day that's where we're headed. Goodell (and the owners) want this bad. In fact, this will probably be one of the pills they make the players swallow in the new CBA in order to keep the revenue sharing (around 60%) at about the same percentage, but with more games and more revenue coming in the players could not count.

THATHURMANATOR
03-26-2009, 08:46 AM
I think Thurm at the end of the day that's where we're headed. Goodell (and the owners) want this bad. In fact, this will probably be one of the pills they make the players swallow in the new CBA in order to keep the revenue sharing (around 60%) at about the same percentage, but with more games and more revenue coming in the players could not count.
18 games you mean?

methos4ever
03-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Yeah, Sorry about that - 18 Games I think is where they want to take the league, to ensure more games are competitive and get the players to help pay for their developmental league as well.

THATHURMANATOR
03-26-2009, 08:57 AM
I am fine with this. I hate preseason anyways.