X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Owens won't come to any of the voluntary workouts

"I talked to coach Jauron prior to the start of the workouts about that," Owens said, according to the report. "Right now if there's nothing mandatory that I have to be a part of, then I won't intend to be there."

Owens said he expects to attend the Bills' minicamp in June and could possibly work out with his new teammates at other some point in the offseason. But when it comes to staying in shape, T.O. prefers to do things his way, on his own.

"I've never gone to a voluntary workout," Owens said, according to USA Today. "I have a personal trainer. I take very good care of myself. I take pride in coming into camp in shape.
    "If I'm in the area, I tend to stop by the facilities and work out with the guys. You know, I'm looking forward to that type of stuff."

Owens, who was in Washington on Wednesday night to receive an award from the Alzheimer's Association, said he has reached out to Bills quarterback Trent Edwards and that he's anxious to build a good relationship. "We talked shortly after I signed and we exchanged text messages," Owens said. "We're looking forward to the upcoming season."
    Terrell Owens plans to show up for workouts in Buffalo when he's required to be there.

I have no problem with this.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Owens won't come to any of the voluntary workouts

At his age and level of production, coupled with his great offseason conditioning, TO has earned the right to stay home.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

fine with me! His personal trainer is apparently pretty good bc TO is DAMN physically fit and is 35. Maybe everyone should go train with TO instead!

Comment

• venis2k1
        Youboty can hope
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
        fine with me! His personal trainer is apparently pretty good bc TO is DAMN physically fit and is 35. Maybe everyone should go train with TO instead!
        could you imagine 53 guys doing sit ups in TOs driveway??

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
          Pinkerton's son
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by venis2k1
          could you imagine 53 guys doing sit ups in TOs driveway??

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

I also have no beef with this
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DrGraves
              • Mar 2008

1. He can't cause drama at OBD if hes not here.
              2. Our trainers suck, we are always injuried. I don't want to see any good players at voluntary workouts.

Comment

• Barb
                • Nov 2008

i dont like it when my superstar player who is new to this team, doesnt show up on dates where he could build some camraderie with his teammates, or some timing with his new QB...maybe i´m the only one who thinks its bad

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

fine with me! His personal trainer is apparently pretty good bc TO is DAMN physically fit and is 35.
                  I agree with this however,if it were anyone else we'd all say he's not a team player.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    I agree with this however,if it were anyone else we'd all say he's not a team player.
                    not true. Whitner, Stroud, among others are not at these workouts either, and I dont see any articles about them not showing up, nor do I see any posts about them being selfish in any way. (other than Peters, hes just a di**.)
                    Last edited by Pinkerton Security; 03-26-2009, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by DrGraves
                      1. He can't cause drama at OBD if hes not here.
                      2. Our trainers suck, we are always injuried. I don't want to see any good players at voluntary workouts.
                      I really can't say that many of our injuries are due to an incompetent training staff. And I don't think we have any more injuries than any of the other teams.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TonyBlack
                        • Feb 2009

im ok with this but if he miss the mini camp then ima start worrying like anybody else.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

not true. Whitner, Stroud, among others are not at these workouts either, and I dont see any articles about them not showing up, nor do I see any posts about them being selfish in any way. (other than Peters, hes just a di**.)

I just read negative stuff about Shobel recently not being at workouts

I agree that TO's physical trainer is most likely better than what we got but he should be in there trying to gain chemistry with the players especially Trent who isn't exactly proven. He should be in there teaching Trent and Hardy/Steve Johnson. Anyone else who doesn't have TO's talent would be an ass.

I understand that out of desperation, our coachsold his soul to the the devil ; went against his own beliefs and is okay with it. BUt lets face it, we desperate fans are starting to follow.
                          Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-26-2009, 10:11 AM.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                            Pinkerton's son
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by TonyBlack
                            im ok with this but if he miss the mini camp then ima start worrying like anybody else.
                            true dat.

I hope maybe Trent will go to wherever TO works out (his driveway, backyard, wherever) to get some timing with him, like he did with Evans last year.

Comment

• bigbry
                              • Aug 2002

But IF T.O. would be going to these workouts this board would be singing his praise about his true commitment to the Bills?

Comment

Working...
                              X