PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Rumor of Bills interested in Tony G

ct bills fan
03-26-2009, 09:43 AM
I don't subscribe to insider, but here is the link:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2ffeatures%2frumors

http://espn.go.com/

May be nothing much, but, if somebody wants to post the article, that would be great.

DrGraves
03-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Package up waters and tony!

ct bills fan
03-26-2009, 09:48 AM
would love that - for a 2nd and a 5th maybe?

The King
03-26-2009, 09:52 AM
Id buy a Gonzo jersey if we got him. He would make this offense unstoppable.

Oaf
03-26-2009, 09:56 AM
We've gone through this before guys.. let's not get worked up again until G wants to be a Bill.

Pinkerton Security
03-26-2009, 10:00 AM
there are about 7 other teams listed as being interested as well: Pats, Gmen, Panthers, Eagles, Falcons, Cards, and the Pack

TonyBlack
03-26-2009, 10:04 AM
tony g and terrell owens (this offense will be untouchable)

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-26-2009, 10:14 AM
I am not sure of this, but I don't feel ESPN ever has good rumors, they are like Eklund for football.

ddaryl
03-26-2009, 10:16 AM

only if we have the OL to make it happen

Oaf
03-26-2009, 10:19 AM
tony g and terrell owens (this offense will not be happening)

fix'd.

cocamide
03-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Maybe Gonzo will be more apt to come here now that TO's here.

The King
03-26-2009, 10:20 AM
ESPN had the link up as Tony G in Buffalo... but they changed it.

justasportsfan
03-26-2009, 10:22 AM
won't mean a thing if we have rookies blocking for Trent.

THATHURMANATOR
03-26-2009, 10:22 AM
ESPN had the link up as Tony G in Buffalo... but they changed it.
No it still shows that.

TacklingDummy
03-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Peters to KC for TG and their 1st (Aaron Curry).

Oaf
03-26-2009, 10:25 AM
tony g and terrell owens (this offense will not be happening)
fix'd.

Oaf
03-26-2009, 10:26 AM
LOL man, COME ON now.. We would have to throw in our 11th to make that happen..

THATHURMANATOR
03-26-2009, 10:28 AM
LOL man, COME ON now.. We would have to throw in our 11th to make that happen..
Most likely correct there.

theanswer74
03-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Talk about a double win if we get Gonzalez, his wife!

http://arrowheadaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/october-4.JPG

Pinkerton Security

peters in exchange for TG and the #3 overall pick?? doubt they'd go for that, but I'd be SO down with that. Then we could get a G or a DE with #11.

Yasgur's Farm
Peters, Parrish, our 1st and 3rd for Gonzo, Waters, their 1st and 3rd

Pinkerton Security

WOAH!

TacklingDummy
03-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Peters, Parrish and our 3rd for Gonzo, Waters and their 1st

I was just going to post Peters, Parrish, and our 3rd for TG and their 1st. :up:

THATHURMANATOR
03-26-2009, 10:32 AM
I was just going to post Peters, Parrish and our 3rd for TG and their 1st. :up:
I would like this much better but not sure if it is enough.

Yasgur's Farm
03-26-2009, 10:34 AM
I was just going to post Peters, Parrish and our 3rd for TG and their 1st. :up:But I edited it... I thought KC wouldn't pull that trigger.

We swap 1st's and 3rd's. I'd say 1st's and 2nd's but didn't they give up their 2nd for Cassel?

yordad
03-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Peters for their 1st and Tony actually sounds right to me. It will never happen, but it sounds like a fair deal to me.

justasportsfan
03-26-2009, 10:39 AM
trade away a player that wants to be here for a player that doesn't. I hope our FO kept Fletchers and Spikes' nos.

yordad
03-26-2009, 10:45 AM
trade away a player that wants to be here for a player that doesn't. I hope our FO kept Fletchers and Spikes' nos.Peters want to be here? :idunno:

justasportsfan
03-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Peters want to be here? :idunno:
yes he does, but he wants to be paid accordingly just like ever player wants even though they think they are worth more.

jimbohastle51
03-26-2009, 10:48 AM
he is 33 i believe and a 6 million a year TE, so he wont cost more than a 3rd round pick. but i dont see us getting him. i think waters is realistic but even that i am skeptical of. i just dont think our front office knows how to get these deals done. i mean lets face it, T.O. pretty much had to choose between us and the raiders and 49ers probably. it wasnt a hard choice or anything. our coach and brandon just dont seem good at selling our team to players.

jimbohastle51
03-26-2009, 10:51 AM
the one thing though about gonzo this year is that pioli has no relationship with him like peterson did and if pioli wanted to ship him to detroit he would without giving two cares what gonzo thought. last year apparently we tried to make it happen and tony didnt want to be here, this much i do know... if it was going to happen gonzos opinions do not matter to pioli.

yordad
03-26-2009, 10:53 AM
the one thing though about gonzo this year is that pioli has no relationship with him like peterson did and if pioli wanted to ship him to detroit he would without giving two cares what gonzo thought. last year apparently we tried to make it happen and tony didnt want to be here, this much i do know... if it was going to happen gonzos opinions do not matter to pioli.One would think that what Gonzo thinks would matter to the suitor.

Pinkerton Security
03-26-2009, 10:55 AM
One would think that what Gonzo thinks would matter to the suitor.

and being in the league for a while, would he not have any sort of no-trade clause or anything like that?

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 10:56 AM
That's got to be the worst post I've ever seen in my life, ever..

KC is going to give us the third pick in the draft AND a Hall of Fame tight end, for Jason Peters?

Whatever your smoking I've love some of that. We'll be lucky if we get any first rounder for Peters, period.

yordad
03-26-2009, 11:02 AM

KC is going to give us the third pick in the draft AND a Hall of Fame tight end, for Jason Peters?

Whatever your smoking I've love some of that. We'll be lucky if we get any first rounder for Peters, period.What the heck? I believe your wannbe inside info has you thinking your special or something. A. Your inside info is bogus. B. The Cheifs were willing to trade Gonzo for a third. Peters, by everyones estimate is worth a 1st and third (at least).

Do the math. Your post is silly. And, your "inside" info has been mostly wrong outside of one tentitive wild guess. Not to mention, I have read your "breaking news" on rumor sites prior to you posting it.

But thanks, keep up the good work reminding us little people how awesome and knowledgable you are.

I especially like how you use the two way "It will never happen, but I would be happy to be wrong on this one". That way your "happy" either way. Masterful.

THATHURMANATOR
03-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Actually Yordad from what I have read we may not even get a first for Peters.

northernbillfan
03-26-2009, 11:14 AM
I heard a TOny G say at the end of last season that if the Chiefs continue to put the right pieces in place he's willing to stay loyal to them and give them another year or so at rebuilding.

Don't know if he still has that mindset.

DraftBoy
03-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Peters is not valued at close a 1st and 3rd from everything Ive heard. Just because the fans thinks so doesnt mean a damn thin.

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 11:16 AM
What the heck? I believe your wannbe inside info has you thinking your special or something. A. Your inside info is bogus. B. The Cheifs were willing to trade Gonzo for a third. Peters, by everyones estimate is worth a 1st and third (at least).

Do the math. Your post is silly. And, your "inside" info has been mostly wrong outside of one tentitive wild guess. Not to mention, I have read your "breaking news" on rumor sites prior to you posting it.

But thanks, keep up the good work reminding us little people how awesome and knowledgable you are.

I especially like how you use the two way "It will never happen, but I would be happy to be wrong on this one". That way your "happy" either way. Masterful.
Uhhh, whatever.
WHen you find a single thread I've started in here CLAIMING to be any kind of insider, then I'd like to see it.

And while we're at it know it all, I'd like you to find ONE estimate that is credible where Peters is worth a first or third (at least?) . A FIRST and THIRD and then pay a guy $12 million????????????

Here is a guarentee; the Bills WILL NOT get a first rounder and a third rounder for Jason Peters. They will not get a first rounder in the top half of round one either. They will be extremellyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fortunate to get any first rounder.

yordad
03-26-2009, 11:17 AM
Actually Yordad from what I have read we may not even get a first for Peters.LOL, ok. Name a handfull of better LTs in the game. Heck, name one you would rather have (contracts aside). Name a younger one with more upside? "Not even a first" is assinine. Why would a team rather pay the unproven #3 draft pick 12 million rather then a young proven 340 lb nimble pro bowl LT? They wouldn't.

The entire "Well, the Bills wouldn't get what Peters in worth because of the huge contract the suitor would have to pay" argument makes zero sense when the #3 pick in the draft (a LT) could possibly command even more.

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 11:18 AM
What the heck? I believe your wannbe inside info has you thinking your special or something. A. Your inside info is bogus. B. The Cheifs were willing to trade Gonzo for a third. Peters, by everyones estimate is worth a 1st and third (at least).

OH, and again.

B. The Cheifs were willing to trade Gonzo for a third
Umm, WRONG. A few teams including the BUFFALO BILLS OFFERED Kansas City a third last year and they said no. They wanted a second rounder.

yordad
03-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Peters is not valued at close a 1st and 3rd from everything Ive heard. Just because the fans thinks so doesnt mean a damn thin.OK, so do you want to read this from someone who actually has "inside info" because I really do have a link.

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 11:19 AM
I would LOVE to see the link.

yordad
03-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Uhhh, whatever.
WHen you find a single thread I've started in here CLAIMING to be any kind of insider, then I'd like to see it.

And while we're at it know it all, I'd like you to find ONE estimate that is credible where Peters is worth a first or third (at least?) . A FIRST and THIRD and then pay a guy $12 million????????????

Here is a guarentee; the Bills WILL NOT get a first rounder and a third rounder for Jason Peters. They will not get a first rounder in the top half of round one either. They will be extremellyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fortunate to get any first rounder.With pleasure, link and quote coming right up!

BAM
03-26-2009, 11:20 AM
:monkeyp:

DraftBoy
03-26-2009, 11:21 AM
OK, so do you want to read this from someone who actually has "inside info" because I really do have a link.

Just from different people Ive spoken to through different draft sites who are connected.

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 11:25 AM
I will bet anybody that is on this board money, not Billszone money, REAL money-- whatever they are willing to wager that the Bills will NEVER get a first and a third round pick for Jason Peters.

KC would freegin laugh at us if we tried to get the third overall pick for Jason Peters.

Matt Cassel was FRANCHISED and has a $14+ million contract, and the Patriots didnt even get a first rounder for him.

When the Julius Peppers trade rumor to NE was swirling, NE wasn't even giving up a first for him, and Peppers is the best DE in the NFL.

And you think we're going to get a first AND a third for Jason Peters?

yordad
03-26-2009, 11:27 AM
"If the Jason Peters situation is still unresolved come draft weekend, I can see the team moving him for a first and middle round pick, maybe more...."

Chris Brown has more inside info then Pat Moran.com (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/03/20/fan-friday-3-20/)

Think about it.... a rookie LT, or a massive pro bowl LT. Did I really need a link? Seriously? One fans opinion? Come on now.

THATHURMANATOR
03-26-2009, 11:28 AM
ENOUGH PAT

put on your junior journalist cap and find out about this Gonzales crap.

DraftBoy
03-26-2009, 11:30 AM
"If the Jason Peters situation is still unresolved come draft weekend, I can see the team moving him for a first and middle round pick, maybe more...."

Chris Brown has more inside info then Pat Moran.com (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/03/20/fan-friday-3-20/)

Think about it.... a rookie LT, or a massive pro bowl LT. Did I really need a link? Seriously? One fans opinion? Come on now.

Seriously? Chris Brown is your insider/link? The same guy who said repeatedly we wouldnt get any comp picks last year and we go two? He is right less often than a broken watch.

yordad
03-26-2009, 11:33 AM
OH, and again.

B. The Cheifs were willing to trade Gonzo for a third
Umm, WRONG. A few teams including the BUFFALO BILLS OFFERED Kansas City a third last year and they said no. They wanted a second rounder.If I had all day to look up rumors, I would give a link to a CREDITABLE source that says the Chiefs were willing to take a third, and a link to you tooting your own insider horn. But, I am at work.

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 11:33 AM
ENOUGH PAT

put on your junior journalist cap and find out about this Gonzales crap.
I dont need to. He's NOT going to be a Buffalo Bill.

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 11:34 AM
If I had all day to look up rumors, I would give a link to a CREDITABLE source that says the Chiefs were willing to take a third, and a link to you tooting your own insider horn. But, I am at work.
As am I..

Are you telling me that the Chiefs did NOT turn down third round offers for Gonzalez last year? Are you willing to wager your existance on the board to it? I definitely am.

THATHURMANATOR
03-26-2009, 11:35 AM
LOL, ok. Name a handfull of better LTs in the game. Heck, name one you would rather have (contracts aside). Name a younger one with more upside? "Not even a first" is assinine. Why would a team rather pay the unproven #3 draft pick 12 million rather then a young proven 340 lb nimble pro bowl LT? They wouldn't.

The entire "Well, the Bills wouldn't get what Peters in worth because of the huge contract the suitor would have to pay" argument makes zero sense when the #3 pick in the draft (a LT) could possibly command even more.
Naming names means nothing just saying what I have read we would be getting for Peters.

yordad
03-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Seriously? Chris Brown is your insider/link? The same guy who said repeatedly we wouldnt get any comp picks last year and we go two? He is right less often than a broken watch.Seriously? Pat Moran has more inside info then Chris Brown? Were the heck did you find the roses you are smelling?

Use your own mind, I happen to know it is a decent one. Would you want to trade Peters, only to draft his replacement (and pay the replacement what Peters wanted to begin with)? His UNPROVEN, ROOKIE replacement?

Seriously? A...no.

Which player would a team rather pay over 10 million for, Peters, or an UNPROVEN, ROOKIE?

This shouldn't take a link. Or a quote. Just a thought. Stop and think.

The only reason I don't see it happening is because if the Bills were willing to pay the #3 pick (whom commanded 12 million per year in '08), then they would surely be willing to pay Peters. Else I would take Morans bet for a ton of cash, request to be paid in ones, then beat him with a pillow case full of cash.

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 11:41 AM

LOL, Chris Brown.. OK- heh
When did a third round draft pick become a middle round pick?

Chris Brown is pretty much the last person to report ANY news on any site.

And as far as your continuous accusation of me bragging as an "insider"-I would LOVE to see some documentation!!!

Quite the contrary. First off, I have posted on Billszone for years because I like to post OPINIONS and talk smack with people. I have 10x more fun going back and forth with a Draftboy or Tatanka than I do posting a "breaking story".

But since you insist on being a punk and a smart-ass, you only have to look at my track record. I have been wrong exactly ONE time this offseason about a deal or anything being done. If your going to try and punk me off, get the track record correct.

I did call the Dockery release a full day before it happened, nobody else on here did. I did start a thread that the first person the Bills would target at free agency would be Geoff Hangartner, was a I wrong? If I "stole it from another thread or source" then prove it. I didnt see any other links to any other Hangartner rumors in ANY of the 3 page thread.

I did write a piece claiming the Bills are interested in Brian Waters, and I stand behind it 100% because I have no doubt they are.

I was dead wrong on L. Coles, I predicted he would sign with the Bills, and I like many others as well were dead wrong.

As for everyone else, Cato June- Fred Keiaho, Peterson, anyone else-- I have never said we signed them, about to sign them, nothing.

But most annoyingly, don't talk down on me like I'm just "some fan" who makes **** up.. Plenty of people in here, who aren't ignorant like you know that I have covered the Bills before full time. And they know that I have relationships with connected sources.

Find me a writer, professional or novelty, that ALWAYS gets it right. I'd love to shake his hand.

TacklingDummy
03-26-2009, 11:45 AM
God you people take all the fun out of having hope.

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Yordad:

Maybe your biggest problem with all of this is that your evaluation of Jason Peters is a heck of a lot different than others, namely general managers.

Peters is a good tackle.. He's a very good tackle. But he is not "elite". Did you watch him play last year? He was a LIABILITY a lot of the time, which is not elite. If you come with he had a bad year, i'll come back with he only had one good year before that.

As much as I HATE the Bills front office, they are not generally cheap. They did give Dockery insane money.. Schobel too. Lee Evans got paid.

Why do you think we WONT pay Jason Peters to be among the highest paid in the game? Simple, because they dont think he is WORTH the money.

Jason Peters is turning into another Rueben Brown; Pro Bowls by rep, but not much better than the next guy.

And as far as Chris Brown, please don't even get me started. I think Chris is a VERY GOOD WRITER, and he was a phenominal reporter for Empire Sports, but a news breaker he is not (not in his capacity anyway)

DraftBoy
03-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Seriously? Pat Moran has more inside info then Chris Brown? Were the heck did you find the roses you are smelling?

Use your own mind, I happen to know it is a decent one. Would you want to trade Peters, only to draft his replacement (and pay the replacement what Peters wanted to begin with)? His UNPROVEN, ROOKIE replacement?

Seriously? A...no.

Which player would a team rather pay over 10 million for, Peters, or an UNPROVEN, ROOKIE?

This shouldn't take a link. Or a quote. Just a thought. Stop and think.

The only reason I don't see it happening is because if the Bills were willing to pay the #3 pick (whom commanded 12 million per year in '08), then they would surely be willing to pay Peters. Else I would take Morans bet for a ton of cash, request to be paid in ones, then beat him with a pillow case full of cash.

First off Im not getting involved in your and pat's pissing match. I respect you both as posters and I think Pat has some good inside info. My point merely was that CB is not an insider in any regard.

I never said I wanted to trade Peters, I think that's a stupid ass idea.

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 11:46 AM
God you people take all the fun out of having hope.Well, at least your post indirectly admits that is was hopeful and not an ounce realistic. that's fine.

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 11:47 AM
First off Im not getting involved in your and pat's pissing match. I respect you both as posters and I think Pat has some good inside info. My point merely was that CB is not an insider in any regard.

I never said I wanted to trade Peters, I think that's a stupid ass idea.
I think its a stupid idea too, but I have a feeling its going to happen because

A) He aint getting $12 million per year in Buffalo (nor should he)

B) WE will probably see a repeat of 2008 if we dont trade him.

BAM
03-26-2009, 11:49 AM
As I said the last time this was rumored- I would love this.

DraftBoy
03-26-2009, 11:50 AM
I think its a stupid idea too, but I have a feeling its going to happen because

A) He aint getting $12 million per year in Buffalo (nor should he)

B) WE will probably see a repeat of 2008 if we dont trade him.

A) I agree but he's worth 10 per

B) Not if we re-do his contract then we could see a return to 07

TacklingDummy
03-26-2009, 11:53 AM

Whatever your smoking I've love some of that. We'll be lucky if we get any first rounder for Peters, period.

I guess you never heard of 'wishful thinking'.

Wishful thinking is the formation of beliefs and making decisions according to what might be pleasing to imagine instead of by appealing to evidence or rationality.

I know you use 'Wishful thinking' in many of your posts but unlike you I won't label something the "worst post I've ever seen".

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Final Rebuttal.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=170686&highlight=Hangartner
Just heard the Bills are set to target Hangartner. <!-- Start Post Thank You Hack --><!-- End Post Thank You Hack -->

<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I’ve just heard/learned that there is a player, an offensive linemen that the Bills are set to target shortly after free agent starts. His name is Geoff Hangartner, and he was a backup OC/G for the Panthers who started half the season last year.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
If I said I knew anything about the guy, I’d be a big fat liar. All I know for certain is I’ve been told that he has a target on him from the Bills front office and he may be one of it not the very first guy brought in for a visit.<o:p></o:p>
Obviously, nobody from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City> could confirm this as it could called “tampering”.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check through ALL four pages of the thread and find me ONE LINKED RUMOR to Hangartner and the Bills anywhere? You won't, until the third page the next DAY 24 hours later when Adam Schefter reported he was coming to Buffalo for a visit.

I shouldn't feel the need to defend any track record-- but when someone starts trying to punk me it pisses me off. Say what you want, but don't say I don't know ****. Tackling Dummy has seen enough of my posts and I've seen enough of his that we know that when we rip each other's posts it's not personal. But you did make it personal with your stupid commments.

Except for the rare cases where I can get some "insider" info, I don't claim to know more than the next man.

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 11:55 AM
maybe insert that "wishful thinking" into the post next time?

Lexwhat
03-26-2009, 11:56 AM
I will bet anybody that is on this board money, not Billszone money, REAL money-- whatever they are willing to wager that the Bills will NEVER get a first and a third round pick for Jason Peters.

KC would freegin laugh at us if we tried to get the third overall pick for Jason Peters.

Matt Cassel was FRANCHISED and has a $14+ million contract, and the Patriots didnt even get a first rounder for him.

When the Julius Peppers trade rumor to NE was swirling, NE wasn't even giving up a first for him, and Peppers is the best DE in the NFL.

And you think we're going to get a first AND a third for Jason Peters?

First of all, a 1st and a 3rd is speculation. No one knows what the market is going to be. You can't just say "never" because you don't know (and neither do I).

-- The Matt Cassel trade was very abnormal. It's pretty obvious that Belichick traded Cassel to the Chiefs on purpose, but could have gotten more than a 2nd rounder if he went to another team. I'm surprised you don't know this?

-- If you wanna talk about DEs, talk about something that was ACTUALLY done. Jared Allen was traded to the Vikings for a 1st rounder AND two 3rd rounders. He then got a 6 year, $74.5 million dollar deal.

-- The Peppers rumor was likely crap all along, and Vic Carucci was the only one reporting it. Carucci was later retracted by some other guy on NFL.com.

Bottom line, a 1st and another late round pick is definitely possible. No one knows how high the 1st rounder can be either.

Mudflap1
03-26-2009, 11:57 AM
I think the Gonzalez rumor is based on nothing...

www.benmaller.com (http://www.benmaller.com)

Chiefs GM: Gonzalez did not request a trade

(http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/1106883.html)General manager Scott Pioli said Pro Bowl tight end Tony Gonzalez did not request a trade during recent conversations. "He has not indicated to me that he wants to be traded," Pioli said. "I don't want to get into any other specifics of the conversations because those are conversations that will stay between players and (coach Todd Haley) and players and myself. They were good conversations, positive conversations, healthy conversations." Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said this week the Chiefs would not attempt to trade Gonzalez. Pioli said the Chiefs have made no effort to determine what they could get for Gonzalez. "I've not made or fielded any call regarding Tony Gonzalez," he said. Ben's Take: Gonzalez didn't request a trade because he was on a surf board and his cell phone wouldn't work. -- KC Star

Lexwhat
03-26-2009, 11:58 AM

Just for the record, I don't think we'll get a top 10 pick for Peters.

psubills62
03-26-2009, 11:59 AM
A) I agree but he's worth 10 per

B) Not if we re-do his contract then we could see a return to 07

Just out of curiosity, if he's worth $10 million per year, how is he not worth a first rounder?

Night Train
03-26-2009, 12:11 PM

Bang ! The hell with 10K

Wait. This is a Bedard thread..right ?

yordad
03-26-2009, 12:22 PM
LOL, Chris Brown.. OK- heh
When did a third round draft pick become a middle round pick?

Chris Brown is pretty much the last person to report ANY news on any site.

And as far as your continuous accusation of me bragging as an "insider"-I would LOVE to see some documentation!!!

But since you insist on being a punk and a smart-ass, you only have to look at my track record. I have been wrong exactly ONE time this offseason about a deal or anything being done. If your going to try and punk me off, get the track record correct.

I did call the Dockery release a full day before it happened, nobody else on here did. I did start a thread that the first person the Bills would target at free agency would be Geoff Hangartner, was a I wrong? If I "stole it from another thread or source" then prove it. I didnt see any other links to any other Hangartner rumors in ANY of the 3 page thread.

I did write a piece claiming the Bills are interested in Brian Waters, and I stand behind it 100% because I have no doubt they are.

I was dead wrong on L. Coles, I predicted he would sign with the Bills, and I like many others as well were dead wrong.

As for everyone else, Cato June- Fred Keiaho, Peterson, anyone else-- I have never said we signed them, about to sign them, nothing.

But most annoyingly, don't talk down on me like I'm just "some fan" who makes **** up.. Plenty of people in here, who aren't ignorant like you know that I have covered the Bills before full time. And they know that I have relationships with connected sources.

Find me a writer, professional or novelty, that ALWAYS gets it right. I'd love to shake his hand.A third round pick became a mid round pick ("or higher") when they switched to a 7 round draft. Did you think the draft was longer? Seems to me the the "mid rounds" would be the 3rd, 4th, and 5th.

Also, I find it funny you are daring me to find a post where you are "braggin as an 'insider'" all while making a post where you are "braggin as an 'insider'". Good stuff.

At the most you may have over-heard one thing or two while tending a bar. The rest was straight wild guessing trying to get lucky and get a snow ball effect rolling. Well your snow ball stopped dead in its tracts because since your "updates" can be found on the rumor mill prior to you posting. In fact, I quitely called you out in one of your threads (and got no reply) with a link to your "inside source".

I am trying to "punk" you? I gave up street cred some time ago (while having quite a bit of it). I traded it in for actual credit (as in the house buying kind). But, I swear to God you wouldn't call me a punk to my face. And speaking of "cred" yours slips every day your "updates" put your last lucky guess farther into the rearview.

I ain't trying to pick a fight with you Pat. I just don't appreciate you acting like someone elses estimates and opinions are worth less then yours. And insulting a valid opinion with the "dumbest post ever" shtick. Especially when I share the very logical opinion with them.

Worth noting I do appreciate your updates. They serve a purpose. I would just appreciate links with them, because you are not the source of most of these rumors and you state them like your word is gold.

yordad
03-26-2009, 12:25 PM
As am I..

Are you telling me that the Chiefs did NOT turn down third round offers for Gonzalez last year? Are you willing to wager your existance on the board to it? I definitely am.How? First, you could never prove it. Second, Gonzo reportedly turned it down while the Chiefs were willing. Third, they are under different management.

TacklingDummy
03-26-2009, 12:30 PM

I thought it was obvious that it was wishful thinking. Since Peters most likely won't be traded.

yordad
03-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Maybe your biggest problem with all of this is that your evaluation of Jason Peters is a heck of a lot different than others, namely general managers.
He was VOTED to the pro bowl by coaches and by his peers. What means more, their opinion, or your opinion of my opinion?

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 12:39 PM
He was VOTED to the pro bowl by coaches and by his peers. What means more, their opinion, or your opinion of my opinion?
Are you telling me that players often do NOT go to the Pro Bowl based on their rep (and btw, fans vote counts for a % of the pro bowl tally)? ****, Jeff Garcia shoulda got $30 million after 2007 then.

Even more so, are you telling me that Peters deserved to go to the Pro Bowl last year? He was freegin awful and Peter King will tell you the exact same as Dominic from the grocery store around the block.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Put it this way, if he’s such an elite tackle, then why are the Bills not willing to pay him accordingly? I bash <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Wilson</st1:place></st1:City> as much as anyone, but again, he has shown he’s not afraid to spend the money.<o:p></o:p>
We got $15 million+ invested in a pair of WR’s this year. We got an injury prone “franchise” QB going into his critical third year. We already have a hole at left guard.<o:p></o:p>
Shouldn’t Peters be signed then, even if its for max money—even if they do have to overpay him and make him the highest paid in the league?

I think, and most as well, that they won’t. And I also think, as do most, that it’s because he doesn’t deserve. He’s good, very good. But I don’t think he’s elite, and apparently the Bills don’t either or he’d be getting his $11-12 million per year.<o:p></o:p>

Philagape
If I'm an NFL team, no way I'd give a high first-rounder for an inconsistent malcontent who holds out into the season and wants to be the highest-paid LT when he's not the best LT.

TacklingDummy
Most Mock Drafts have up to 5 Tackles going in the first round. It's not hard to think that a team would be willing to trade a 1st round draft pick for a 2 time Pro-Bowler rather than take a chance on a draft pick who may or may not work out.

justasportsfan
03-26-2009, 12:41 PM
If I'm an NFL team, no way I'd give a high first-rounder for an inconsistent malcontent who holds out into the season and wants to be the highest-paid LT when he's not the best LT.
well then Parcells must probably be clueless when he signed a rookie Long to 11.5

Mahdi
03-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Yordad:

Peters is a good tackle.. He's a very good tackle. But he is not "elite". Did you watch him play last year? He was a LIABILITY a lot of the time, which is not elite. If you come with he had a bad year, i'll come back with he only had one good year before that.

As much as I HATE the Bills front office, they are not generally cheap. They did give Dockery insane money.. Schobel too. Lee Evans got paid.

Why do you think we WONT pay Jason Peters to be among the highest paid in the game? Simple, because they dont think he is WORTH the money.

Jason Peters is turning into another Rueben Brown; Pro Bowls by rep, but not much better than the next guy.

And as far as Chris Brown, please don't even get me started. I think Chris is a VERY GOOD WRITER, and he was a phenominal reporter for Empire Sports, but a news breaker he is not (not in his capacity anyway)
1) Name me a GM who has given Peters an evaluation as a "very good" but not elite LT.

2) Peters was not a liability last year. Half the sacks he gave up were coverage sacks. Edwards and JP were holding on way too long at times and Peters was credited with sacks cause of it.

2 of Joey Porter's sacks on Jason Peters were not his fault. One occurred because Dockery was supposed to provide inside help and he got burned, the other Peters had Porter blocked on the play for 3 or 4 seconds but Edwards held on and Porter worked his way back to him.

3) The Bills are not unwilling to pay Peter's as a top LT. Its called negotiation. Peters wants 11 they offer 8. they will probably meet somewhere between 9.5 and 10 mil. The Bills are using the bad stats against Peters to bring his value down contractually, but they and everyone else in the league knows Peters true value.

4) Peter's did allow sacks this year that were his fault, however most of those were early in the year when he was not physically prepared to play. Yes that is his fault but that doesn't bring down his value. In 2007 the man was dominant. 2006 as well. And I can also say that for the second half of 2008.

Peters right now is the best overall LT in the NFL when you take athleticism, age, upside, power, speed, size, run blocking and pass blocking into the equation. So he is definitely worth as much or more than Jordan Gross who signed for 10 mil, plus he's younger.

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Most Mock Drafts have up to 5 Tackles going in the first round. It's not hard to think that a team would be willing to trade a 1st round draft pick for a 2 time Pro-Bowler rather than take a chance on a draft pick who may or may not work out.
Logically, you are correct.

But-- for starters, this whole thing started because you suggested the Chiefs give us Tony Gonzalez AND their first round draft pick for Jason Peters, which would make any mock trade Mitchell59 has ever said on here sound brilliant by comparison.

I do not think Peters will fetch a first rounder if he's traded; but is it possible? of course. I'll bet my life it isn't a Top 3 in the draft pick, it won't be a Top 10 pick either.

Maybe.. Maybe they can get a later first rounder from Philly.

justasportsfan
03-26-2009, 12:45 PM
to a team that isn't as desperate as we are, he may be worth 10 M. But since we're desperate and don't have time to wait for anoth LT to be groomed from the draft (if this staff knows how to, to begin with) , he may be worth 11.5.

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 12:50 PM
1) Name me a GM who has given Peters an evaluation as a "very good" but not elite LT.
He's wanting a raise for the SECOND straight year and not getting one (to date) so I'll go with Russ Brandon.. Either that or he is the worst GM in NFL History (or whatever his job title is- COO). If we considered him "elite" he'd have gotten paid this time last year.

2) Peters was not a liability last year. Half the sacks he gave up were coverage sacks. Edwards and JP were holding on way too long at times and Peters was credited with sacks cause of it.
Peters was a liability, and you're only talking about specific pass plays and sacks. He did a horrible job at run blocking often as well. I shouldn't even say horrible. I should say "lazy". By the way, at the point I should tell you I am a Jason Peters fan. Last year at this time, I was fighthing with EVERYBODY on this board saying the Bill should pay this man big bucks.

2 of Joey Porter's sacks on Jason Peters were not his fault. One occurred because Dockery was supposed to provide inside help and he got burned, the other Peters had Porter blocked on the play for 3 or 4 seconds but Edwards held on and Porter worked his way back to him.
Your probably right.. I only remember the sack that was for the safety, and that was Dockery's fault not Peters. Geez man, I didnt say the guy sucked!

3) The Bills are not unwilling to pay Peter's as a top LT. Its called negotiation. Peters wants 11 they offer 8. they will probably meet somewhere between 9.5 and 10 mil. The Bills are using the bad stats against Peters to bring his value down contractually, but they and everyone else in the league knows Peters true value.
Eugene Parker is not known as a "meet you down the middle" type of agent. Surprisingly, the Bills have a great relationship with Rosenhaus. While I think your right on concept, I dont think the Bills are willing to go any higher than they've offered (assuming they have a formal offer of $8 million still on the table)

4) Peter's did allow sacks this year that were his fault, however most of those were early in the year when he was not physically prepared to play. Yes that is his fault but that doesn't bring down his value. In 2007 the man was dominant. 2006 as well. And I can also say that for the second half of 2008.
He improved the second half of this year, yes. He was brutal the first half. And it does bring his value down, both as a player that's productive on the field and a teammate as well. At least that's what I think.
Peters right now is the best overall LT in the NFL when you take athleticism, age, upside, power, speed, size, run blocking and pass blocking into the equation. So he is definitely worth as much or more than Jordan Gross who signed for 10 mil, plus he's younger.
He's not the best LT in the NFL. All the qualifications you just read off would have me select Joe Thomas in about 2.5 seconds over Peters. ****, Ryan Clady looked 10x better than Peters last year and he was a rookie

TacklingDummy
03-26-2009, 12:53 PM

But-- for starters, this whole thing started because you suggested the Chiefs give us Tony Gonzalez AND their first round draft pick for Jason Peters, which would make any mock trade Mitchell59 has ever said on here sound brilliant by comparison.That was wishful thinking. Toss in Parrish and a 3rd. Does KC even need a left tackle?

I do not think Peters will fetch a first rounder if he's traded; but is it possible? of course. I'll bet my life it isn't a Top 3 in the draft pick, it won't be a Top 10 pick either. I've looked at dozens of Mock Drafts, the majority have St. Louis (2nd), Seattle (4th), and Cincinnati (6th) drafting tackles. Some even have the Lions drafting Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe 1st overall.

The highest I think Buffalo could get is Cincinnati (6th)

yordad
03-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Are you telling me that players often do NOT go to the Pro Bowl based on their rep (and btw, fans vote counts for a % of the pro bowl tally)?
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Put it this way, if he’s such an elite tackle, then why are the Bills not willing to pay him accordingly? I bash <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Wilson</st1:place></st1:City> as much as anyone, but again, he has shown he’s not afraid to spend the money.<o:p></o:p>
We got $15 million+ invested in a pair of WR’s this year. We got an injury prone “franchise” QB going into his critical third year. We already have a hole at left guard.<o:p></o:p>
Shouldn’t Peters be signed then, even if its for max money—even if they do have to overpay him and make him the highest paid in the league?

I think, and most as well, that they won’t. And I also think, as do most, that it’s because he doesn’t deserve. He’s good, very good. But I don’t think he’s elite, and apparently the Bills don’t either or he’d be getting his $11-12 million per year.<o:p></o:p>Wait... is it becasue he doesn't deserve it, or is it because or money is tied up in WRs?

You are talking in circles. "Ralph is cheap" is the thing you type most, now when it suits your argument it is no longer true?

Who assess talent better? The DE he is blocking, or the guy who negotiates contracts?

Out of curiosity, what is he worth? I would love to hear your guess on what he WILL sign for. Lets hear it. Lets get this prediction from our resident insider. I doubt you will even answer.

yordad
03-26-2009, 12:58 PM

But-- for starters, this whole thing started because you suggested the Chiefs give us Tony Gonzalez AND their first round draft pick for Jason Peters, which would make any mock trade Mitchell59 has ever said on here sound brilliant by comparison.

I do not think Peters will fetch a first rounder if he's traded; but is it possible? of course. I'll bet my life it isn't a Top 3 in the draft pick, it won't be a Top 10 pick either.

Maybe.. Maybe they can get a later first rounder from Philly.Well insider, I don't believe we will get the 3rd for him either. Because our decision makers realize the 3rd pick would get paid the same and would be not as good. A completely different logical reason and way more logical of a reason then "He isn't worth it you idiot".

justasportsfan
03-26-2009, 12:59 PM

Maybe.. Maybe they can get a later first rounder from Philly.

Hey PAt . How are you buddy? ;)

justasportsfan
03-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Are you telling me that players often do NOT go to the Pro Bowl based on their rep (and btw, fans vote counts for a % of the pro bowl tally)? ****, Jeff Garcia shoulda got $30 million after 2007 then.

the bills don't have enough fans compared to other huge market teams to vote him in and even so, a lot of bills fans myself included didn't vote him in to the probowl. He didn't deserve it which leads me to believe he got in via the coaches and players.

billogic99
03-26-2009, 01:11 PM
The guy was a beast in the probowl, would be a major upgrade in this offense.

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Wait... is it becasue he doesn't deserve it, or is it because or money is tied up in WRs?

You are talking in circles. "Ralph is cheap" is the thing you type most, now when it suits your argument it is no longer true?

Who assess talent better? The DE he is blocking, or the guy who negotiates contracts?

Out of curiosity, what is he worth? I would love to hear your guess on what he WILL sign for. Lets hear it. Lets get this prediction from our resident insider. I doubt you will even answer.
It's not a secret that I am not a fan of Ralph Wilson.. He has been known however, to overpay for players. If he paid Peters close to what he wants, that's exactly what he'd be doing.

The Bills have the cap room to sign him, especially since it's obvious we're done making noise in the free agent market.

The guy who negotiates assesses better. If you based on the guys he was blocking LAST year, they'd probably want him to get $30 million per year.

And to answer your last question directly.. What do I THINK he is worth? Well, if I got to play GM per your question, I would not offer him anything more than $8.5 million per year. I think he's a very good tackle, but I don't think he's an elite tackle. He's not an elite run blocker by any means, and at least based on last year his rep exceeded his play overall.

Now what do I think he WILL sign for? I would say a deal that pays him an average salary of between $10-11 million. In my opinion, that means he won't be a Buffalo Bill much longer. I expect him to get traded before April 25, and along the same lines as others are thinking, I think it would end up being to Philadelphia. They seem like the perfect match; a huge need at LT, tons of cap room to sign Peters, and a lot of draft picks.

I do not see Philly giving us a first and a third though, especially if the first rounder is the 21st pick and not the 28th.

**UPDATED** I would HATE for Peters to get traded. All it does is give us extra pick(s) to fill yet another hole that would be created.

yordad
03-26-2009, 01:21 PM
It's not a secret that I am not a fan of Ralph Wilson.. He has been known however, to overpay for players. If he paid Peters close to what he wants, that's exactly what he'd be doing.

The Bills have the cap room to sign him, especially since it's obvious we're done making noise in the free agent market.

The guy who negotiates assesses better. If you based on the guys he was blocking LAST year, they'd probably want him to get $30 million per year.

And to answer your last question directly.. What do I THINK he is worth? Well, if I got to play GM per your question, I would not offer him anything more than $8.5 million per year. I think he's a very good tackle, but I don't think he's an elite tackle. He's not an elite run blocker by any means, and at least based on last year his rep exceeded his play overall.

Now what do I think he WILL sign for? I would say a deal that pays him an average salary of between $10-11 million. In my opinion, that means he won't be a Buffalo Bill much longer. I expect him to get traded before April 25, and along the same lines as others are thinking, I think it would end up being to Philadelphia. They seem like the perfect match; a huge need at LT, tons of cap room to sign Peters, and a lot of draft picks.

I do not see Philly giving us a first and a third though, especially if the first rounder is the 21st pick and not the 28th.

**UPDATED** I would HATE for Peters to get traded. All it does is give us extra pick(s) to fill yet another hole that would be created.Even if he signed for 8.5 million, that would make him the highest paid lineman in the league that didn't have considerable antimitigating circumstances. As you know, Long was the first pick in the draft, and Carolina wanted to get Gross signed fast so they could franchise Peppers.

So, a guy you are willing to pay more then any other linemen in the league (minus these anomalies) isn't any good? That is some strange logic.

Now, I will make a guarentee for you. I guarentee he will get more then 8.5 on the next contract he signs. Does that make me an idiot? pff

And, considering you think a team is willing to pay 10-11 million, then you think other teams GMs value him much more then you led on. DO you see your tail yet?

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Even if he signed for 8.5 million, that would make him the highest paid lineman in the league that didn't have considerable antimitigating circumstances. As you know, Long was the first pick in the draft, and Carolina wanted to get Gross signed fast so they could franchise Peppers.

So, a guy you are willing to pay more then any other linemen in the league (minus these anomalies) isn't any good? That is some strange logic.

Now, I will make a guarentee for you. I guarentee he will get more then 8.5 on the next contract he signs. Does that make me an idiot? pff
Whoa!
Who said he wasn't any good? I have said severalllllllllll times throughout this thread he is a very good LT.. I just said that he isn't an elite LT, at least certainly not based on last year.

If you're trying to become the highest paid LT in the NFL, do you think that giving up the most sacks in the NFL at your position is the way of going about doing it?

I also guarentee you he gets more than 8.5 on his next contract, you asked me that last post and I answered it.. I said I think he will sign his next contract for $10 million (or more)-- I just predicted it won't be with the Buffalo bills.

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 01:27 PM
And, considering you think a team is willing to pay 10-11 million, then you think other teams GMs value him much more then you led on. DO you see your tail yet?
Other GM's do not matter. The only GM that matters right now is the one on the team that he plays for (even if he's technically not the "GM")

You asked me two questions. One was what do I THINK he is worth, and the other was what I do think he will be signed for; and I answered them both directly without much complication.

yordad
03-26-2009, 01:29 PM
You believe another team's GM would pay him like the top lineman, but they don't believe he is one? And, I value him higher then a GM who is willing to pay him top dollar? I thought you were saying other GMs would rather have a rookie. I thought you said he wasn't worth that much, because if he was, we would either sign him, or it would be proof we have the leagues dumbest GM.

Then you say you think another team will pay 10 +? It doesn't make sense. Clearly a team willing to pay a vet 10+ without being in a head lock feels he is "elite", right? Or, just "pretty good"? pff

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 01:34 PM
You believe another team's GM would pay him like the top lineman, but they don't believe he is one? And, I value him higher then a GM who is willing to pay him top dollar? I thought you were saying other GMs would rather have a rookie. I thought you said he wasn't worth that much, because if he was, we would either sign him, or it would be proof we have the leagues dumbest GM.

Then you say you think another team will pay 10 +? It doesn't make sense. Clearly a team willing to pay a vet 10+ without being in a head lock feels he is "elite", right? Or, just "pretty good"? pff
C'mon man, are you kidding me? Your arguement is getting more bizarre by the minute.

It only takes ONE GM in the NFL, just one.. Not 10, not 5, not even 2, just ONE GM- to over value someone at a certain amount.

how many freegin GM's in the NFL value DeAngelo Hall at $55 million over six years????? I'm going to say not many. yet, Washington paid him that.. Does that mean that Hall is WORTH $9+ million per year??

and BTW, you are developing an awful habit of putting words in my mouth. Where in this post did I say that a GM would rather have a rookie in their lineup than Peters? Because I do not recall saying that once during this entire debate.

yordad
03-26-2009, 01:41 PM
One would think if a GM would be willing to pay 10-11 million for a LT, then they think he is elite. One would think this said GM must believe he would be better (better, not equal) then a rookie LT. One would think that GM believes he is the very best, or at least one of, LT in the league. One would think this GM would rather have a player he believes is the best rather then draft a rookie who may not even be the best LT prospect in his class.

One would think Peters would be the obvious choice. One would also think this choice is SOOOO obvious, that not only would Peters be worth the first, but the he would be worth more. One would also think that if a team was willing to trade their old tight end for a third, then they might also offer him to sweeten the deal. One would think that specualting upon this doesn't have the makeup for the "dumbest post ever".

If only one was using common sense, rather then overvaluing his own faulty opinion and stating it as fact.

DrGraves
03-26-2009, 01:50 PM
I'd dump Peters to do this... Tony would be a huge addition at tight end. Sure it would open up a whole at LT. But Idk, peters is a dumb, im sick of him.

yordad
03-26-2009, 01:51 PM
C'mon man, are you kidding me? Your arguement is getting more bizarre by the minute.

It only takes ONE GM in the NFL, just one.. Not 10, not 5, not even 2, just ONE GM- to over value someone at a certain amount.

how many freegin GM's in the NFL value DeAngelo Hall at $55 million over six years????? I'm going to say not many. yet, Washington paid him that.. Does that mean that Hall is WORTH $9+ million per year??

and BTW, you are developing an awful habit of putting words in my mouth. Where in this post did I say that a GM would rather have a rookie in their lineup than Peters? Because I do not recall saying that once during this entire debate.How many GMs does it take for the Bills to trade Peters? Does it somehow take more then one GM to overvalue him?

Also, you said it is unlikely he fetches a 1st. Correct me if I am wrong, but if a player is being drafted, that does make him a rookie, right? Afterall, that pick you wouldn't trade is going to be used on a rookie, right?

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 01:52 PM
One would think if a GM would be willing to pay 10-11 million for a LT, then they think he is elite. One would think this said GM must believe he would be better (better, not equal) then a rookie LT. One would think that GM believes he is the very best, or at least one of, LT in the league. One would think this GM would rather have a player he believes is the best rather then draft a rookie who may not even be the best LT prospect in his class.

One would think Peters would be the obvious choice. One would also think this choice is SOOOO obvious, that not only would Peters be worth the first, but the he would be worth more. One would also think that if a team was willing to trade their old tight end for a third, then they might also offer him to sweeten the deal. One would think that specualting upon this doesn't have the makeup for the "dumbest post ever".

If only one was using common sense, rather then overvaluing his own faulty opinion and stating it as fact.
Seriously, I'm done talking with you.. Its one thing to disagree about a view. But It's another when you start LITERALLY making up words as you type and passing them off as something I typed.

For the FINAL time (seriously) at WHAT point of this entire thread did I once suggest that drafting a rookie OT this year would be better or even "equal" to Jason Peters? how am I gonna respond to **** like that when it's garbage that you're making up.

and what an absurd assumption to think that because ONE GM would value a player as top of the line then it means he is.

Like I said. . Just like D. Hall is an elite CB. His contract says so!

Derrick Dockery was an elite guard, his contract said so!!!

Large contracts come VERY OFTEN from supply and demand. Philadelphia is a team that is a Super Bowl contender, with large revenues, lots of cap room and a GAPING hole at Left Tackle. So of course they're far more likely to pay Peters like an "elite" LT than the Bills will!

And there are a lot of people on this board and who follow the Bills, that think the offensive line looked no better, or worse when Kirk Chambers was starting and not Peters.

Am I saying that chambers is better"? Of course not. But I AM saying in my opinion that Peters aint worth no $11 million per year. ELITE $11 million per year LT's dont give up what, 12 sacks? They also dont get BENCHED during games.

And the last thing Im going to say, is I never called Tackling DUmmy STUPID or and IDIOT.. I said his POST was stupid and idiotic, and even he knows it, which is why he said "Wishful Thinking" later on in this thread.

Jason Peters for Tony Gonzalez AND the third pick of the draft. ha ha ha

justasportsfan
03-26-2009, 01:55 PM
I never called Tackling DUmmy STUPID or and IDIOT

why not? :naughty:

The Juice Is Loose
03-26-2009, 01:56 PM
I agree with Pat. I feel Peters is worth 8.5. That said, in the name of not causing turmoil, if I was GM, I'd go up to 9.5. Is one million worth the gamble?

Ryan Clady played lights out last year. The way the line plays, the way teams play, its all a mixture. A great passing game will make average linemen look awesome (See Indy/NE) Clady gave up one sack last year, but Cutler tends to decide and throw. And is shifty in the pocket.

So I guess my main point is, trading Peters and overpaying for Peters is the exact same thing. If you trade him, you need to replace him, high in the draft.

I wouldn't say Peters is a sure thing, either. Like I said I think he's worth 8.5.

But honestly I'd just pay him, just to take the "safer" route.

soapman
03-26-2009, 01:57 PM
:popcorn:

jimbohastle51
03-26-2009, 02:09 PM
the most we get for peters is a pick in the late 20's in the first round i would think, and if we get a pick that high we are probably getting a lower pick like a 5th along with it. because of the fact that he will have to be given a new contract upon the trade not alot of teams will give him 10 million a year and give us basically there best draft picks. this is common sense, now honestly i think we are going to resign peters for around 10 million a year, and because our team is cheaper than most we would make him play under his current contract for another year i think than trade for another late first. you have to think first off who will be available in the late first that wont be early in the second where we pick that is worth trading peters? because if we trade him our 11th pick almost automatically because a LT which wont even be the best or second best LT in this draft. and because our team is cheaper than most what we pay peters NOW is cheaper than the contract we will have to give to that late first round pick we would aquire considering the signing bonus they would demand, remember peters isnt a highly paid player right now. i honestly think the only way peters is traded is if there is ZERO way we get a contract done, but i do think that they would make him play this year because of cutting dockery and signing of T.O. they cant afford to have hangartner, a rookie LG and rookie LT or a rookie LT and D bell or kirk chambers at LG. peters will sign and next off season we probably wont do much because of his and lee evans new contracts.

SeatownBillsFan21
03-26-2009, 02:09 PM
This rumor has no legs never gonna happen

yordad
03-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Seriously, I'm done talking with you.. Its one thing to disagree about a view. But It's another when you start LITERALLY making up words as you type and passing them off as something I typed.

For the FINAL time (seriously) at WHAT point of this entire thread did I once suggest that drafting a rookie OT this year would be better or even "equal" to Jason Peters? how am I gonna respond to **** like that when it's garbage that you're making up.

and what an absurd assumption to think that because ONE GM would value a player as top of the line then it means he is.

Like I said. . Just like D. Hall is an elite CB. His contract says so!

Derrick Dockery was an elite guard, his contract said so!!!

Large contracts come VERY OFTEN from supply and demand. Philadelphia is a team that is a Super Bowl contender, with large revenues, lots of cap room and a GAPING hole at Left Tackle. So of course they're far more likely to pay Peters like an "elite" LT than the Bills will!

And there are a lot of people on this board and who follow the Bills, that think the offensive line looked no better, or worse when Kirk Chambers was starting and not Peters.

Am I saying that chambers is better"? Of course not. But I AM saying in my opinion that Peters aint worth no $11 million per year. ELITE $11 million per year LT's dont give up what, 12 sacks? They also dont get BENCHED during games.

And the last thing Im going to say, is I never called Tackling DUmmy STUPID or and IDIOT.. I said his POST was stupid and idiotic, and even he knows it, which is why he said "Wishful Thinking" later on in this thread.

Jason Peters for Tony Gonzalez AND the third pick of the draft. ha ha haOK, lets rewind. Lets re-look at what started this debate. You said Peters to KC for a 1st and gonzo was "worst post I've ever seen in my life, ever.."

Then you said "Here is a guarentee; the Bills WILL NOT get a first rounder and a third rounder for Jason Peters. They will not get a first rounder in the top half of round one either. They will be extremellyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fortunate to get any first rounder." AND "KC would freegin laugh at us if we tried to get the third overall pick for Jason Peters."

So, using logic, I assumed you believed the Cheifs valued any LT they could pick @ #3, more then they would value Peter.

Then you said "Maybe your biggest problem with all of this is that your evaluation of Jason Peters is a heck of a lot different than others, namely general managers."

Followed by "Now what do I think he WILL sign for? I would say a deal that pays him an average salary of between $10-11 million."

As you know 10-11 million is "elite" money. Or, would you disagree? Even if he sucks (opinion), what is relevant is if a team is willing to pay him that much, it means they place a high "value" on him. They believe his "value" is higher then any other LT in the league (or amonst the top in the least). Right (I am not using a long logic equation here)?

So, I find it strange that you think a team would "value" Peters as high as anyone, but value a high draft pick even more.

In your argument you claimed the contract Peters would command would contribute to the non deal.... "A FIRST and THIRD and then pay a guy $12 million????????????" But, you fail to acknowledge that last years third pick was infact paid 12 million. And, a top drafted LT has been paid 12 million before.

What am I missing? Peters' contract demand would be negated by the #3 picks demands. So, why would this hypothetical GM that is willing to pay Peters 11 million rather pay a rookie more? Would a logical GM value the rookie more?

You also said "Why do you think we WONT pay Jason Peters to be among the highest paid in the game? Simple, because they dont think he is WORTH the money." AND "Put it this way, if he’s such an elite tackle, then why are the Bills not willing to pay him accordingly?" Yet you feel another team would feel he is worth it.

So, you have me confussed, you believe he is worth 10 + million to another team, yet you don't think that team values him higher then an unproven rookie? This is a contridiction. You believe the value a team places in the #3 pick to be higher then the value a team places in an elite LT. This isn't logical to me. Why would a team rather draft a rookie, when the best they could hope for is that he becomes as good as Peters (which, by their assessment based on your 11 million projection, is elite)?

To sum up my point, that isn't the worst post ever.

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 02:45 PM
OK, lets rewind. Lets re-look at what started this debate. You said Peters to KC for a 1st and gonzo was "worst post I've ever seen in my life, ever.."

Then you said "Here is a guarentee; the Bills WILL NOT get a first rounder and a third rounder for Jason Peters. They will not get a first rounder in the top half of round one either. They will be extremellyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fortunate to get any first rounder." AND "KC would freegin laugh at us if we tried to get the third overall pick for Jason Peters."

So, using logic, I assumed you believed the Cheifs valued any LT they could pick @ #3, more then they would value Peter.

Then you said "Maybe your biggest problem with all of this is that your evaluation of Jason Peters is a heck of a lot different than others, namely general managers."

Followed by "Now what do I think he WILL sign for? I would say a deal that pays him an average salary of between $10-11 million."

As you know 10-11 million is "elite" money. Or, would you disagree? Even if he sucks (opinion), what is relevant is if a team is willing to pay him that much, it means they place a high "value" on him. They believe his "value" is higher then any other LT in the league (or amonst the top in the least). Right (I am not using a long logic equation here)?

So, I find it strange that you think a team would "value" Peters as high as anyone, but value a high draft pick even more.

In your argument you claimed the contract Peters would command would contribute to the non deal.... "A FIRST and THIRD and then pay a guy $12 million????????????" But, you fail to acknowledge that last years third pick was infact paid 12 million. And, a top drafted LT has been paid 12 million before.

What am I missing? Peters' contract demand would be negated by the #3 picks demands. So, why would this hypothetical GM that is willing to pay Peters 11 million rather pay a rookie more? Would a logical GM value the rookie more?

You also said "Why do you think we WONT pay Jason Peters to be among the highest paid in the game? Simple, because they dont think he is WORTH the money." AND "Put it this way, if he’s such an elite tackle, then why are the Bills not willing to pay him accordingly?" Yet you feel another team would feel he is worth it.

So, you have me confussed, you believe he is worth 10 + million to another team, yet you don't think that team values him higher then an unproven rookie? This is a contridiction. You believe the value a team places in the #3 pick to be higher then the value a team places in an elite LT. This isn't logical to me. Why would a team rather draft a rookie, when the best they could hope for is that he becomes as good as Peters?
I believe Peters is worth 10-11 million to the EAGLES, as I've stated several times throughout today.

As for the Chiefs-- who said they are drafting ANY LT with that 3rd pick? From what I've read, and from what makes sense, they would take LB Aaron Curry. Your making it sound like the Chiefs are a lock to go OT in the first round, at to my knowledge, that isn't the case at all. Didn't they just use a first rounder on Brandon Albert last year, who is just as capable of playing OT as RG.

And as for the post itself that started everything-- yes, I do think the POST is totally STUPID to even think the Chiefs would give us the third pick in the draft AND Tony Gonzalez for Jason Peters. Honestly, I would expect that kind of statement from a kid like Mitchell59, but you should know better to realize how ridiculous and outlandish that is.

Forget me. Email every sportswriter who covers the NFL for a living, and EVERY Chiefs fan who follows their team, in fact go to their message board and post that trade scenario and ask what they think, and you will get a three letter response to that trade idea. and it would say " LOL "

yordad
03-26-2009, 03:01 PM
I believe Peters is worth 10-11 million to the EAGLES, as I've stated several times throughout today.

As for the Chiefs-- who said they are drafting ANY LT with that 3rd pick? From what I've read, and from what makes sense, they would take LB Aaron Curry. Your making it sound like the Chiefs are a lock to go OT in the first round, at to my knowledge, that isn't the case at all. Didn't they just use a first rounder on Brandon Albert last year, who is just as capable of playing OT as RG.

And as for the post itself that started everything-- yes, I do think the POST is totally STUPID to even think the Chiefs would give us the third pick in the draft AND Tony Gonzalez for Jason Peters. Honestly, I would expect that kind of statement from a kid like Mitchell59, but you should know better to realize how ridiculous and outlandish that is.

Forget me. Email every sportswriter who covers the NFL for a living, and EVERY Chiefs fan who follows their team, in fact go to their message board and post that trade scenario and ask what they think, and you will get a three letter response to that trade idea. and it would say " LOL "I admit the Chiefs may be an unwilling suitor. Obviously you would have to find a suitor with need. But, that post was every bit as logical as this one...

They will be extremellyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fortunate to get any first rounder.I mean come on now!

patmoran2006
03-26-2009, 03:04 PM
I think you'll be surprised.
we'll find out in less than a month either way.

If progress is made Peters stays.. If its still a big stalemate, I'm pretty sure he's gone.

dasaybz
03-26-2009, 03:11 PM
It's like the ****ing Jerry Springer show here.

TacklingDummy
03-26-2009, 03:19 PM
As for the Chiefs-- who said they are drafting ANY LT with that 3rd pick? I asked the same question many posts ago. I don't recall a single Mock Draft having KC drafting a tackle. That's another part of my trade scenario being wishful thinking.

If the Bills wanted to move up I think Cincinnati at #6 would be the only place. Even then the only 2 players I'd want to trade up to draft (Curry,Orapko) probably will be gone before the 6th pick.

Oaf
03-27-2009, 01:07 AM

Peters for wife and can of spagetti sauce? :hubba:

jimbohastle51
03-27-2009, 01:29 AM
the chiefs just draft a left tackle with there second 1st round pick last year. brandon albert from virginia. peters is either going to get traded to the eagles for a pick that alot of you probably wont be happy with (maybe just there 28th overal, or honestly like there second rounder and a 3rd next year), because any team that is trading with us knows the only reason we are trading him is because we do not want to pay him and just want something in return or we are going to pay him around 9.5-10 million a year and given that we just gave evans 9.5 million a year and we are going to try to extend mcgee (which he has even come out and said on sirius that his agent and the bills have already made it known he wants to stay in buffalo), next offseason will be slower than this one guys :) as long as we make the playoffs that is, because if jauron stays after a winning season our money will all be tied up in our own players. there is always the scenario where we dont make the playoffs and we get a new coach and he comes in and basically cuts and trades everyone we have come to like away and starts his own team again :) on the good side if that happens this whole thread wouldnt have mattered at all LOL!!

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-27-2009, 07:40 AM
You guys are insane, he is worth the world, just ask Madden '09.

acehole
03-27-2009, 07:47 AM
Guard and one player an offensive line does not make....

Dark side you have jioned hmmm?

the chiefs just draft a left tackle with there second 1st round pick last year. brandon albert from virginia. peters is either going to get traded to the eagles for a pick that alot of you probably wont be happy with (maybe just there 28th overal, or honestly like there second rounder and a 3rd next year), because any team that is trading with us knows the only reason we are trading him is because we do not want to pay him and just want something in return or we are going to pay him around 9.5-10 million a year and given that we just gave evans 9.5 million a year and we are going to try to extend mcgee (which he has even come out and said on sirius that his agent and the bills have already made it known he wants to stay in buffalo), next offseason will be slower than this one guys :) as long as we make the playoffs that is, because if jauron stays after a winning season our money will all be tied up in our own players. there is always the scenario where we dont make the playoffs and we get a new coach and he comes in and basically cuts and trades everyone we have come to like away and starts his own team again :) on the good side if that happens this whole thread wouldnt have mattered at all LOL!!

DynaPaul
03-27-2009, 05:27 PM

Wow man, she's f-in hot! In that picture she looks like she could be a real biyacth though.

justasportsfan
03-27-2009, 08:24 PM

"
why is he worth 10-11 million to a team thats made playoffs last year (not counting the other years and sb) and not to a team that hasn't this decade? Are the eagles more desperate than the bills? :idunno: